Open New job

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

New job

Postby Ignard on March 20th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Ignard spent some time resting to allowing his body to heal and his Djed to replenish. While he has always had a steady job as a fisherman that allowed for him to live as he does, money is low now. His new life of conflict and exploration wasn't going to start itself. He needs to find a job.
He pulls on his long brown leather jacket and puts on his wooden necklace that looks like it was meant to look vaguely magical, but actually isn't. It is rather dangerous to use magic, and it is best to have allies if a fight ever occurs. He wouldn't really even mind being hired for 'muscle' just something to make use of his abilities.
He beings to wander the streets, market, anywhere he could think of looking for either friends, a job, or anything that really pays and gives him a story to tell.

Ignard
Player

Words: 10263
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2017, 3:15 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

New job

Postby Rowan Whitaker on April 2nd, 2017, 1:40 am

20th day of Spring, 517 AV

Rowan weaved through the streets of Zeltiva, enjoying the rush of air through her wings and the challenge of avoiding buildings as well as people. She may have gotten a little caught up in the wind and forgotten to actually avoid people, as she smacked into someone with a panicked squack. In a flurry of flapping wings, Rowan fell backwards into a nearby barrel, thankfully empty, as she felt herself slip abruptly out of hawk form and into human form. Fantastic. She glanced around, seeing no one but the human she had just crashed into, who was currently staring at her in disbelief. Rowan spotted the small bag containing her clothes next to said human's feet. Which meant her current situation was a quite naked person who was more or less stuck in a barrel. Even better. Rowan bit her lip and looked up at the human. "I hate to be a bother, but could you, ah, toss me that bag? It's got my clothes in it."
Rowan Whitaker
Everyone has a story to tell.

Words: 1087
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2017, 1:05 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

New job

Postby Karyk on April 4th, 2017, 6:24 pm

Karyk was whistling a tune, one that he couldn't recall the actual words as he walked through the streets. He was on his way to the outskirts of the city, to pick up some lumber from a woodsman more skilled than he. Apparently this man had found some particularly high quality cedar, and Karyk's boss wanted him to go inspect the load to see if it was truly worth buying. He wasn't sure why they'd picked him for the job, but work was work. His other boss, for who didn't have several bosses these days, the foreman, told him to just take the order. Cedar could be used for most things, high quality or not.

So today Karyk was playing errand boy.

He strolled through the streets, tools thudding lightly against his legs from his work belt as he moved through the busy people rushing about. He walked slower than most, preferring to enjoy the stroll, and he enjoyed watching people go about their daily lives. If anyone caught him looking, he just flashed a simple smile and nodded, and continued onward. He turned a corner and soon found himself watching a woman berate her husband for something or other, slapping him on the shoulder admonishingly. He grinned to himself, remembering the stupid arguments him and his former wife Camille had had. Shaking off the thought, he saw a bird moments before it crashed into his chest. It surprised him more than hurt, eliciting an 'oof' from his lips.

He looked down, not noticing one of the feathers from the bird had lodged into his beard, peering in the barrel into which it had fallen. Much to his surprise, the barrel contained a naked woman and no sign of a bird. He averted his eyes for her modesty, quickly realizing that she was likely a Kelvic, and clearly a clumsy one. He heard her speak, and chuckled softly to himself. He smiled, stooped over and picked up her bag and handed it to her. He turned around placing himself in front of her barrel toward the direction he'd come, to block the view of her while she dressed. Laughing softly to himself before making his joke, "It's not every day a naked woman crashes into me, but you won't catch me complaining. I'm Karyk, and who might you be? Aside from a woman who flies into the only person walking in a street." He kept his eyes forward, watching the road, but couldn't help but feel the slight stirring in the bottom of his stomach that only a beautiful woman could cause. It had been a while after all. But still, she needed help, at least for the moment, but one could always hope that she'd be quite grateful.

Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

New job

Postby Karyk on June 12th, 2017, 4:31 am

Ignard
Grade is being withheld due to not having a Green Checkmark on the CS as well as your Ledger not being up to date with Seasonal Expenses. When you update these, send me a Private Message and I will give you your grade.

Since you're inactive it seems, should you return, and I'll contact an ST to have your CS reviewed. Once that is done, and ledger is updated, PM again and I'll do your grade for you.

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: X
CS Reviewed by Me: ✓
Previous Season Expenses Paid (Spring 517): X

Rowan Whitaker
Grade is being withheld due to not having a Green Checkmark on the CS as well as your Ledger not being up to date with Seasonal Expenses. When you update these, send me a Private Message and I will give you your grade.

Since you're inactive it seems, should you return, and I'll contact an ST to have your CS reviewed. Once that is done, and ledger is updated, PM again and I'll do your grade for you.

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: X
Previous Season Expenses Paid (Spring 517): X

Karyk
Skills
N/A
Lores
Sometimes naked women just run into you
Miscellaneous

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: ✓
Previous Season Expenses Paid (Spring 517): ✓

Some threads just don't get goin.
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes