Placeholder Painful days

Job thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Painful days

Postby Crescenta on May 17th, 2017, 6:53 pm

20th of Spring, 517

The Ethaefal woman sat next to a young Konti girl, obvious streaks down the girls face revealed that she had been crying not long ago, though was now was curiously (albeit timidly) asking the black haired woman about what she did in the hospital, and proudly telling the doctor's assistant that she would work in the hospital when she was older.

She assumed that the small girl was the result of a Konti and Akalak, since it was rare that there were any children other than Akalak children. It seemed that their children were very important to the Akalak, something that had been made extremely clear to her the longer the aurist had stayed in the city. Some of the people who regularly worked with child birth and the children had told her that it was very difficult for the Akalak to have children with most races, even dangerous for the mother, so Konti were preferred as mothers, despite the fact that it was likely for them to have a child of their own race. She knew that a lot of children had died as well as the mothers.

"I'm sure you will work here when you're an adult, if you learn about medicine and really try hard to get a job here, then you will." Speaking with an encouring tone, she touched the pale girl's arm, watching her face for any signs of pain. "Now, we should get on wish this, shouldn't we?" The girl definetly felt some pain, as she made a small noise and her face was covered in a discomforted expression. "That hurt didn't it?" The Konti child paused for a moment before nodding quickly. "Okay, I think I'll leave the doctor to do anything extensive on it..."

Her voice trailed off, and she stood up, searching around for anything she could find. At last she found a cloth, and used it to wrap around the young child's arm, tying it over her shoulder to hold her arm in place. The small Konti child looked slightly upset, but she was trying to keep a brave face, and looking over the sling that had been placed on her , likely broken, arm.

"Now, stay calm, okay?" She paused for a moment, scanning the girl's worried face, which looked like it was ready for terrible news. "It might be broken, though I'll leave the actual doctor to decide whether it is, however I think it is."

She looked over the girl for a moment, checking she was okay, and then looked back up again. "How did you do hurt yourself so badly?" She questioned, still smiling to hopefully put the girl at ease.

She sniffed, and wiped her eyes slightly, still trying to seem tough, and then looked down at her arm, playing with the sling absentmindedly. "I was-", She paused for a moment, her eyes clearly worried, even scared, "- I fell over."

Normally, the woman would just leave it at that, however there were a lot more that she could see than just the broken arm. Large and dark bruises ran across her face and arms, a black eye clear on her face. The girl had been limping when she entered the room. It was impossible that it had all only been caused by her falling over.

Threads 0/2
Crescenta
Player

Words: 15209
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2017, 9:49 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Painful days

Postby Crescenta on June 2nd, 2017, 1:28 pm

With a sad look into the girls eyes, the woman crouched down slightly to be at the same level as the young patient. She had her suspicions about what had happened, but it was needed for the young girl to tell her.

"Are you certain that you only fell?" The Ethaefal Doctor's assistant spoke with a very even and slightly serious tone. The Konti nodded, albeit the nod was cautious and hesitant. "Are you sure? If it was something else we need to know, it isn't good to keep secrets, you know."

Her tone turned slightly demanding, in a desperate attempt to get the girl to tell her what had happened. Surely, it couldn't have been caused by herself. Her injury's seemed much worse than something that could have been caused by tripping over.

The little girl's eyes grew wet again, and she lifted her hands up to her eyes, quickly rubbing them in an attempt to cover up her tears.

"Tell me. I promise you won't get hurt, okay?" She paused for a moment, thinking of what to say again. The girl was extremely young, and clearly terrified of something. What it was, Crescenta really wasn't sure, yet it was clearly there, she didn't need to use her auristics to tell that. Yet, her auristics would be helpful if she needed to look into how the small Konti was injured, a little more than what she could see.

"Please, believe me. I will not hurt you, you are safe here." Looking up at the injured girl, she reached her hand out to her, however she flinched away from the black haired woman, so she moved back again.
Threads 0/2
Crescenta
Player

Words: 15209
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2017, 9:49 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets