Skill Lore Expansion! - Hunting

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Shainn on December 7th, 2017, 12:46 am

This is all great feedback, and I'd like to see the hunting skill expanded upon.

Though, my concern is with the Kelvics, and I wonder about instinctual hunting when comparing it to strategical hunting?

What I'm trying to ask here is that I want to know if there can be a different distinction between the Kelvics and non-Kelvic races while hunting?

However, since Kelvics already have their natural instincts should there be a different skill set for Kelvics with hunting? Since they can also have other specific abilities?
Shainn
Player

Words: 30907
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2017, 2:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Balian Martell on December 7th, 2017, 2:45 am

Shainn wrote:This is all great feedback, and I'd like to see the hunting skill expanded upon.

Though, my concern is with the Kelvics, and I wonder about instinctual hunting when comparing it to strategical hunting?

What I'm trying to ask here is that I want to know if there can be a different distinction between the Kelvics and non-Kelvic races while hunting?

However, since Kelvics already have their natural instincts should there be a different skill set for Kelvics with hunting? Since they can also have other specific abilities?

I would imagine it will still be considered to be under the umbrella "hunting" skill, seeing as how hunting is just the process of tracking and taking down prey. Part of my intention with expanding the skill is that there is no single method to it.
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal