Closed Wha' Da Petch Ya Say? (Czes)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Wha' Da Petch Ya Say? (Czes)

Postby Karyk on June 15th, 2017, 12:20 am

Summer 67, 517

Karyk sat atop the deck of Badger, the sairque whose rigging he worked on just two days prior. Tools sitting next to him, legs dangled over the side as Karyk tap-tapped a choose into the wood of the railing above him. The ship was nearly done, mostly just accessorizing and the like needed finished. He switched to a different chisel, broader, as he started pushing it through the wood slowly, carefully, as the shavings curled off. Scrape, scrape, he pushed it along the base of the railing. Once he'd finished that first one, he started above it, adding an upward curve to each push. It wasn't amazing by any means, but he was making waves into the wood.

Push it up, shaving falls away, then push it up again from the opposite side, more shavings falling away. It was slow, careful work. Hardly artistic, but they didn't mind. The customer hadn't specified any specific design on the rails, and if they wanted it done differently, they could pay extra. So it was a good time to practice, or so Karyk's foreman thought. Once Karyk had the rough design carved, he pulled a piece of shell parchment from his woodworking kit and began rubbing it against the rail, feeling the wood begin to smooth down. It really was an ingenious invention, ground shells and bones bonded to parchment by a sticky gum. In Zeltiva they harvested it from seaweeds, though he suspected it came from tree sap here in Ravok.

Once that section was smoothed down, Karyk ran is fingers over it. The design was amateur, something a child might draw in reference to waves, barely more than curved triangles. He moved downward to the spindles of the rail. No fancy design here, they just needed smoothed down. He ran the parchment down along the curves, smoothing it without taking much of the wood with it. Once he was done, he saw the rest of the crew packing up for the day. Wiping his damp brow Karyk stood up and stretched his stiff back. Badger sure was a pretty ship, all dark woods and sails. Sairques were a good, efficient ship, coast huggers, loved by merchants for their speed and high cargo space for the cost.

Karyk packed away his tools, slinging his pack over his shoulders, and nodded at the foreman who watched him leave. Planning on heading straight home, the previous day's events with Shiress still weighing heavily on his mind, Karyk made his way through the layers of security Ravok employed around the shipyard. There would be no all evening trip to the tavern tonight. He'd grab some food for the kids and head home, spend some time with them. Shiress had been right. If he focused on them, things probably would get a bit easier. He really needed to find a proper way to thank her sometime. It was a shame she was suffering from her illness. They hadn't even gotten to talk about her family that he knew.

Stepping out to the canals, Karyk looked up and down the water ways and didn't see a single ravosala in sight. Weird. So he sat down there, pulled off his boots and set them next to him, dipping his feet into the warm waters.

A bit bored, a whistle started out from his lips, Karyk bobbing back and forth with the light tune, tapping on the wood with his finger tips. It wasn't long until the lyrics soon followed.

Did I catch her eye or her ire?
Hips so wide, swaying to and fro
Settin' my loins on fire
I think her name was Jojo

Wait, no, that weren't her name
What were her name again?
Karin? Elin? Aislyn maybe?
Cara? Fiona? Phoebe?

I didn't catch her eye, that I know
Legs so long, marchin' up to me
Despite her scowl, I said 'ello
I think her name was Gigi

Merevai? Annie? Leona maybe?
Siara, Lorna, Dovey?

She slapped my across the face
Breasts so full, bouncin' here and there
I fell without a lick of grace
I think her name was Sarah

Ramona? Alexa? Waisana maybe?
Corelai? Selene? Nephti?

She poured me ale all about
Hair so long, were a caravan
And there I lay, without a doubt
I knew her name, 'twas Maryann

Or was it Annabell?
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Czes Aster on June 16th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Czes Aster

Czes had set out on his way with one goal in mind, to not lose the dog. He wasn't used to handling animals, well he hadn't ever had a pet in his life, and suddenly he was asked to take this one on a walk, so he held tightly onto Druva's leash, not wanting to get in trouble of any kind just because he lost a petching dog.

Not that he didn't like animals, they were alright usually, but the boy had no idea how to take care of them.

As he was walking, he noticed that a man was sitting in the edge of the canal, his feet in the water, which was slightly odd as Czes didn't see any reason to do that, but not really worth paying that much attention to. He looked old, well old in the fifteen year olds eyes, and had a thick beard.

Deciding that there wasn't any reason to interact or further pay attention to the stranger, Czes looked away from him, instead noting the lack of ravosalas on the water, he wondered why, since they were most of the people in Ravok's transport. He wasn't sure if they let dogs on anyway, and he was sure that Druva would rather walk.

Not that he could use them if he wanted to, he didn't have any money to pay them.

As Czes walked past the bearded man, he began to sing an amusing song that his sister would of scolded him for finding amusing, one about trying to remember a woman's name with lyrics that his father definitely wouldn't have ever let him sing.

But he carried on walking, patting the dog who had turned to look at the man, looking like it was about to run over to him.
Which she promptly did.

"Shyke." Czes muttered as the dog ran forward, excitedly greeting the man. "Sit Druva, calm down." The dog did as she was told and luckily sat down by Czes, who quickly rushed over to the man with a forced polite and apologetic smile on his face.

"Sorry about the dog, I think she got excited to be outside."

Czes Aster
Player

Words: 5438
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2017, 8:29 pm
Character sheet

Postby Karyk on June 26th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Karyk heard a light boof and looked up to see a dog approaching him eagerly. Smiling wide now, Karyk reached out and began rubbing the dog's head between the ears with one hand, the other stroking along its side. The dog licked at Karyk's face excitedly and the shipwright was happy to oblige it. It didn't take long for the greeting to end, with the arrival of who Karyk assumed to be the dog's owner.

A young boy, who indicated the dog to be named Druva, stepped up to apologize. Pulling his bare feet from the waters, Karyk stood up, offering a soft smile to the boy. He was clearly younger than Oleander, apprentice age, but certainly not a man yet. "No worries lad. Dogs do wha' dogs do. Wha' kin' is she?"

Karyk had always wanted a dog, and still did. Back in Zeltiva there wasn't a lot of extra food or money for a dog, so he'd never had one. Perhaps now that he was somewhere more comfortable, he could get one. And the kids would love it.

Then he realized, "Ah, par'on me," Karyk stuck out his large, calloused hand, "I'm Karyk Sout'win'. Pleasure to meet ya."

Karyk finally saw a ravosala approaching them, bouncing from platform to platform in their direction. This one was rather nice, a dark wood finish, with the head carved to look like a feathered snake cresting from the water. The ravosalaman smiled at them, and the dog, "Where do you fine people need to go?"

"Know any goo' places for foo'? Gotta pick some up for the chitlins before 'eadin' 'ome."

Looking down at the lad, "Wanna join me? My treat, if ya brin' Druva, the big swee' 'eart."
Karyk
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Karyk on September 3rd, 2017, 2:02 am

Karyk
Skills
Carving: 1
Observation: 1
Singing: 1
Socialization: 1
Lores
Carving Design: Curved triangles can be passed off as waves
Song: What Were Her Name Again?
Miscellaneous

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: ✓
CS Reviewed by Me: ✓
Season Request was Submitted for Grade: Summer 517
Season Thread was Started (IC & OOC): Summer 517 & Summer 517
Is that Season's expenses paid?: ✓
Eligible for grade? Yes

Czes Aster
Skills
Animal Husbandry: 1
Lores
Song: What Were Her Name Again?
Karyk Southwind; Man that sang that bawdy song
Miscellaneous

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: ✓
CS Reviewed by Me: ✓
Season Request was Submitted for Grade: Summer 517
Season Thread was Started (IC & OOC): Summer 517 & Summer 517
Is that Season's expenses paid?: No, but not needed as it is 1 season prior to current
Eligible for grade? Yes

Some closing text here...
Karyk
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes