'Ello All.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

'Ello All.

Postby Laktan Vladmir on November 1st, 2009, 12:35 am

So, new here as obvious a statement as that is in this forum. I've been RPing for about ten years now, and I spent the better part of six years at the roleplaying site The Vast Empire. The people and the failing structure started to leave me with a feeling of want so I left and looked for someplace else to write. I'm a consistent and speedy writer especially if I'm given the proper motivation and communication. I need to put special emphasis on communication: If we're RPing together expect emails, PMs, IMs, etc. I like to stay in touch and keep a clear line of communication. I was drawn here simply because of the structure. Power-plays and noobish writing erk me to no end. I feel that the structure and enforcement of character sheets will really help. This makes me much happy :P

As for me personally I am a senior at Hargrave Military Academy. No, I am not going into the military. I am happily engaged with the girl of my dreams that I've known since I was eight. I'm going into the medical field, specifically nursing. If you haven't picked up on it so far I am indeed male. Feel free to ask any other questions.
Laktan Vladmir
Player

Words: 4740
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2009, 11:16 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Re: 'Ello All.

Postby Gossamer on November 1st, 2009, 12:46 am

Welcome Darik. It's great to get to know another new player. It sounds like you are a very interactive player, which is fantastic, since thats what we like - people who are friendly, engaged, and dedicated to some fabulous storytelling. Thanks for the background on yourself too! We love military people, military supporters, and especially those in the medical field. :) You are in good company because we have other men in nursing here too. :)

Do you like to be called Derik? A lot of us are on first name basis' here. ;) If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or in the question and answer forum. :)

Regards,

Jen
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Laktan Vladmir on November 1st, 2009, 12:56 am

My full name is Richard Daniel MacArthur so I've got a plethora of nicknames. I just recently changed my name so I don't particularly care. Darik, Richard, Mac, Rich, Richy, I couldn't care less.

To continue my little bit of an autobiography I plan to go from here to college (Jefferson College of Health Sciences). Plan on getting my BSN (Bachelors of Science in Nursing), and then spend a year serving in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit). From there I'll go back to college for my masters and become a Nurse Anesthetist.

Currently working on my bio; one downfall of the extensive character system is the time it takes to gather it all together. I unfortunately do not have a good character concept going so it looks like I'm going to be doing some real CD for a while. So far I've got an Akalak that has left home looking to better himself as a warrior and a....gardener. There's a few more things in my head but I'm really open to suggestions. I'm personally a big fan of martial arts and have studied a few, and as such he has a preference for hand-to-hand combat.

In a final note for this reply thanks for the very warm and quick welcome. To quote Jane (you know her last name if you get the reference) "First Impressions".
Laktan Vladmir
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on November 1st, 2009, 1:05 am

Awww... thanks Richard. There's something great about a big well-schooled martial artist who... gardens. :) I'm making it my mission tonight to finish the Akalak writeup in the Wiki so you will have more background to help plan your pc. Also, Riverfall has a fabulous moderator who's looking for more Akalak players to be roaming around the city, so you might consider being a pc that left home to gather himself and in turn returned to boost the city. Also, there are a number of open threads - both social and adventure in Riverfall and The Sea of Grass. Talk to Coatl for some guidance there, if Riverfall is the way you want to go.

Otherwise, I'm minding Syliras for the moment, and there's lots of rp opportunity there and just about every other open and actively moderated city. Akalak's are really dynamic characters with multiple personalities that are a bit tragic in their design. I hope you enjoy your new PC, and look for the Akalak to get fleshed out tonight. I'm just finishing up some movie time with the family and then I'll get busy on it.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Laktan Vladmir on November 1st, 2009, 1:17 am

No problem at all. I think the only question I have is well, hell if I haven't forgotten it. I'll probably be done by tonight, mostly likely in the next thirty minutes. Only issue I foresee is that my fiance is not a big fan of me RPing, says I obsess too much.

Oh, I remembered my question: Do you have a person or a group of people that are graphically gifted that accept requests for avatars or sigs?

Editorial note: Some IMs you can get me at:

AIM: Dark Fuzzem (yes, it is old enough to have a space)
Yahoo: tf_cardinal (long story)
MSN: Bird_of_blood@hotmail.com (don't really use it, but it's there.)
Laktan Vladmir
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on November 1st, 2009, 2:08 am

There's a ton of us that will help you with Banners/Avatars, etc. I can. Amirah most likely will. There's a few other volunteers... Issi will as well I think. :)

Also, your pc needs to match your login, because you have a separate login for each pc you play to keep your pms and such straight. So if your playing someone other than Darik, log in chat, and I'll give you a name change on your main account while your out and about. You can have up to five separate accounts! Nice CS so far. :)

Jen
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kamalia Timandre on November 1st, 2009, 5:30 am

I bid you greetings!

Welcome to Mizahar, akalak! When I saw "Daniel" in your full name, I thought there's gonna be a Dan Dan Dan Dan! We have a very friendly community here in Mizahar. Please don't hesitate to PM any of us should you have any question! Looking forward to meeting you in-game, sir!
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Malia on November 1st, 2009, 5:05 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Richard!

Indeed, if you're social and enjoy to interact with others, that's the right place for you. We're a small, but warm community. I hope you'll check out our chat, most of the fun is taking place there. ;)
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)