[Crystal Hall] Join Me in the Cold [Nivex]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Nivex on January 28th, 2011, 2:00 am

Nivex never met a woman so stubborn, or insane. She was unsure of some of the details in her story, but something had to have happened to that made her so ecstatic. She wasn't one to deny the monsters were real, but Nivex thought there had to have been something else going on. She didn't deny that perhaps her family had died. Maybe something did happen to them.

Right now, that isn't the problem.

The problem was, Nivex had a crazy woman dragging her around, trying to inform people of the monstrosity.

"You need to calm down! If you go around yelling about purple-skinned monsters, then you'll just cause chaos! Can't there be another solution to this?"

Nivex sighed in defeat. She was tired, and didn't have the energy to argue with this woman any longer.

"Do what you want.."
Nivex
Not cool.

Words: 26519
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2011, 5:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Naya on January 28th, 2011, 12:39 pm

This was quickly growing old, and the more Naya thought about her old teacher, the more sobered up she became. This needed to end. But how, with a dramatic finish? To buy herself more time, she continued the game. After all, wasn't it Hayere who said that a climax needed a huge build up?

"Another solution? ANOTHER SOLUTION?! MY FAMILY DIED. DIED, I SAY! AND YOU WANT TO SIT AROUND TALKING!" Moving extremely close to the other woman, far too close for her comfort (and Naya was little grossed out, too), she menacingly glared. "No, my friend. I will not do nothing. I must avenge their deaths!"

Ah! It hit her. A good way for Naya to end this joke, this joke which had gone on too long - a joke which, come to think of it, ruined all chances of a friendship with this logical girl. Ah well! Much must be sacrificed in such adventures.

"Do what I want? I will! I- I--.... I can't---" Here Naya began to gasp for breath, surely causing alarm in the other girl. Grabbing onto the woman's arms, she began to "hyperventilate". She had hoped her reaction was persuasive as she choked and sputtered and gasped. With one last shuddering breath, Naya collapsed to the floor, not moving.

And tried not to giggle.
Naya

Postby Nivex on January 28th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Nivex panicked. This once screaming mad-woman was now on the ground, not moving a single muscle. Nivex was defiantly not well trained in the medical department, she had no idea what to do in this situation. Nivex quickly knelt beside the still woman and put her ear to her heart. It was still beating, that was a good sign.

"Can we get a medic over here?!" Nivex yelled, and turned her head back to the lifeless woman. "I really don't know how to do this!"

And it was true. Nivex couldn't even save an injured bird, less her own kind. IN her head, Nivex's mind raced rapidly. Nivex just came to a horrid realization. This woman was going to die, and it was herfault! She should have just played along and let the woman run around for a while. Now she was going to die...

"Wake up!" Nivex shouted. "Hang in there! Breathe!!"
Last edited by Nivex on January 29th, 2011, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nivex
Not cool.

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Naya on January 29th, 2011, 6:05 am

Naya lay stock still for the next twenty seconds, not even breathing. The reaction of the fellow Vantha girl was priceless - screaming, worried, trying to get help. Naya was seriously amused, being told to "breathe". She couldn't yet, she had to maintain the appearance of being dead. Naya couldn't wait for the next part.

When she had decided the girl was suitably distressed, she stirred, as if awakening from a long sleep. Rolling over from her face first position on the cold Avanthal ground, she sat up, her head in her hands, and groaned. The groan was long, as if she had had far too much to drink the night and she thoroughly wished it was no long a part of her. She affected a blank look on her face, as if she had merely just awoken and everything that had just happened was all in the mind of the insane girl before her.

"So. What am I doing on the floor?" She looked up at the girl before her, pretending it was all just an illusion.

Clearly, none of this had happened. The girl before her was the insane one now, not Naya.
Naya

Postby Nivex on January 29th, 2011, 5:12 pm

"W-what?"

Nivex was in pure shock. The woman miraculously was waking up! She awed when the mysterious woman slowly, and seemingly painfully, got up. Then she asked the question.

"You-you..." Nivex didn't know what to say. Her mind was completely blank. "You-you...were yelling about monsters...."

Nivex eyes the woman. What in the world was going on? Was this woman not just panicking over the death over her family? Nivex couldn't even think of it. Did all of this not just happen.

The young Vantha stood up from her spot, not saying a single thing. She breathed in deep, and waved her hands in front of her, shaking her head.

"I give up. Nope, not doing this anymore." Nivex began to walk away. She was still talking to herself. "nope, not doing it. NEVER going into that hall again. No way."

And with that, Nivex was gone, swearing to herself that she would never talk to strangers again.
Nivex
Not cool.

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Naya on January 30th, 2011, 8:52 am

"Monsters? What are you on about? There are no monsters in Avanthal, lady. Are you sure you're alright?" Naya stood up slowly, approaching the woman before her like a caged animal, as if at any moment she might snap and bite Naya's head off. Naya nearly laughed out loud at the confused look on the woman's face, though for the sake of the game, she composed herself long enough.

Naya waited until the woman had walked away, waving her hands before her and shaking her head vigourously - as if trying to clear water from the ears. Or, more accurately, trying to clear the memory of a crazy woman in the Crystal Hall of Avanthal from her mind. She kept her head cocked, staring wonderingly at the girl as she backtracked from the scene. It was a challenge to keep her face straight, and for all she knew, the woman could have seen a quirk of her lips, quivering to constrain laughter - and if she did, Naya supposed it did not really matter. The game, after all, was over.

It was only as the woman all but fled the scene that Naya finally let her mirth escape - collapsing into a fit of hysterical laughter. She had done it! She had convinced a woman that she was mad, that the Ice Breathing Purpleskins - whatever the hell they were, Naya had plucked them from the strange recesses of her mind - existed, and finally that it was all inside the mind of the woman before her! Naya had to grasp onto the icy branch of a tree nearby to keep from collapsing, her stomach muscles hurting as they were.

Naya composed herself enough to stop the fit, and standing fully upright, she walked back to her Hold for a good rest and warm memories of the day. As she walked, small giggles escaped her as she skipped along the paths of Avanthal. Only a small twinge ruined the euphoria. She was not going home to regale Hayere with her tales. She missed him. With everything she was.

Another day over for the time wasting Vantha...

Over!
Naya

Postby Moonshine on February 9th, 2011, 7:23 am

Naya:

Skills:
Acting: 3
Brawling: 1

Lore:
How to play at madness
Ending a joke that's gone too far

Nivex: