PM to join [Rumor] Pests

Maya hears a troubling Rumor

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Rumor] Pests

Postby Maya Lark on September 14th, 2017, 5:23 am

54th of Fall 517 A.V.

Maya brushed out her hair with a yawn. She planned on going for a ravosala ride and seeing what there was to be heard. Word was passing quickly through the family of people hearing different things every time they rode in one. It took a bells time for the woman to curl the ends of her hair. Shaking it out the girl smirked seeing the loose flowing curls now present again. Very few times had the young Lark left her hair straight or put it up in a pony tail. She found that it helped her appearance to have the little bit extra done to it. Standing up she walked over to her wardrobe and dung out what would serve as her outfit for the day. Closing the doors with one leg, the woman started the tedious task of getting dressed which often included tying off laces, buttoning, and even binding depending on the day.

“Finally ready,” Maya said with a nod and walked out.

Boots clicked as the woman heard her mother call who was left in the house to come eat. A growl erupted from her stomach causing her to hurry. Walking in the young girl said good morning and kissed her cheek before helping set the table. Filling the cups already knowing where most everyone would sit, the woman was content with how her life was turning out. Finally she drew up the courage and asked her mother if she knew anything about the rumors people seem to be talking about.

“No, I have not rode in one of the ravosalas lately. Why?” the older woman asked looking at her.

“I was thinking of riding down to Lakeshore and see if the shipment had arrived yet,” Maya explained gently.

The woman's mother despised her going off alone especially that far from home. She was more worried that Maya would hurt someone than someone hurting her. From a young age the family had her in magic classes at the institute and weapons class. There was never a time that the members of the family were not in danger from rival families, thieves, and even an awol slave. Once breakfast was finished, the woman hurried to clean up the table and ran out of the house. Hailing the small slender boat, Maya got in it with help from the driver.

“Good day miss where are you headed?” the young man asked looking at her.

“Down to Lakeshore. I do not have a set destination as of yet,” Maya stated looking at the man. Turning back around the boat was finally moving once more.

"Oh that is a very rough place at the moment," the driver said.

"How so?" Maya asked looking back at him.

"Gotta love livin' in the city, not like those ruffians on the shore. We ain't got them pests that are plaguing them. I heard entire food stores have gotten eaten up in a single night. Gonna put them outta business if it ain't fixed soon," the man said making a face.

"I see thank you for the warning," Maya said planning to return the next day to figure out whats going on.
Maya Lark
Player

Words: 67052
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes