PM to join Look, Soup! [Maya Lark]

Tierra gets out of the Orphanage and finds herself in the Plaza... Soup anyone?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Look, Soup! [Maya Lark]

Postby Tierra on December 11th, 2017, 2:40 pm

OOCSorry for the long wait.

“What about in times of emergencies? You can’t just expect me to write a letter that screams ‘HELP’. I need it in a place I can access without a letter being required.” Tierra whispered to the Lark before falling silent. It was clear to the Lark that this wasn’t an issue and Tierra realized just then what would happen if she needed assistance and the items in that chest. I would be on my own. When they were asked how the soup was Tierra almost balked at the comment that came out, the orphan thought the food was amazing -- Just simply amazing.

That is when Tierra realized she was trying to get rid of the man, “I found it was too…” She paused as if in thought of the proper word to come up with, “Thick. Too heavy on the cream, not enough squash.” She pointed at the bowl of soup and wished she could just slurp it down before he took it, her eyes far larger than her stomach though and the orphan went briefly green before returning flush with her normal color. It was with a brisk look of ‘oh really? You little filth’ the waiter took Tie’s bowl of soup as well. With the entrée out of the way the orphan looked at her ‘target’ the Lark, a proposition was on the table. A very lucrative and plausible avenue to getting somewhere and things she desired. Outside clothes, a reason to be out of the orphanage at all hours of the day. A… Job? What could be wrong?

Another once over of the Lark before her and the orphan tried to recall her notes on the Families of Ravok, Galatos helped with the Orphanage… Larks… The Larks…. She was drawing a blank, the girl was so narrow mindedly looking towards her own goal she forgot to note the enemies of her future. Or is this a saving grace? Rhysol are you testing me? Or are you vexing me? It was never a clear answer from He. Tie looked away placing her hand on her face to cover her quivering lower lip, it was out of fear and anxiety that it quivered. Think this through. Is working the for the Larks going to be so bad?

She turned back and looked at the lady, “Give me some time to think, that is a deal I am most interested in. I just have other… Offers.” The orphan smiled, hoping it was enough to bypass the Lark’s bullshyke-detector. It wasn’t necessarily a full lie. Tierra did have other things on her plate to sift through to decide on the proper route to go. Sayana… The City… Now this Lark. Who do I trust? Who do I align to?

WC:461
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Look, Soup! [Maya Lark]

Postby Maya Lark on December 11th, 2017, 8:28 pm

Maya smirked listening to the little one across from her. She half expected her to jump up and run away from the table when the woman blatantly lied to the waiters face. Turning to gaze back at her some, the Lark was glad to see that she had taken the hint to help him leave. Catching the look at the girl's complaint, the woman cleared her voice making him look at her square on.

“Now good sir, you wouldn't be trying to insult my guest right in front of me would you?” Maya asked with a deeper much darker tone to her voice.

“U..um no madam. I did not realize she was with you. Please excuse me,” The man said with a tremble to his voice before leaving.

“In a time of emergency huh? Hm, at that point get free from where you are and come find me or drop the lark name. Most everyone will either release you or “return” you to me,” Maya stated with a good degree of confidence.

'Other offers huh? Perhaps it is time to sweeten the deal,' Maya thought to herself. She watched the child as the little one tried to put on a look of confidence. It was amusing to the older woman; clearing her voice some she sat forward noting the lack of people around them. It seemed the pair had long outlasted the other patrons in the restaurant. Turning back to the girl before her a soft smile appeared on her face.

“You don't know who the Larks are. That's cute. Don't worry in time you will. Now I have other appointments to keep today. If we are through I do wish you a Rhysol blessed day,” Maya stated before standing up and taking her bag.

Turning for the door, the woman put on her bag making sure the strap went over her head so that it cut across her body. Taking a moment, she fastened the ties before leaving her newly formed companion. The child could either choose to follow her and demand answers or sit there and think about what all had been proposed to her. The only question was how long would the offer stand until someone else jumped at the opportunity to work with the dark haired woman.
Maya Lark
Player

Words: 67052
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous