Solo Masterful Meetings

Linnaeus meets Nettie Nitrozian, her new master.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Masterful Meetings

Postby Linnaeus on November 29th, 2017, 1:04 am

20th of Fall, 517; evening

"You have failed at almost every task I've given you so far," Bryony said sternly, her arms crossed over her chest and her left foot tapping quickly. Her cheeks seemed to almost glow with anger and her voice quivered slightly. She let out a controlled exhale and pursed her lips. "I don't know if I've ever worked with someone so...useless," she hissed. "What am I supposed to do? You're invaluable because of your form, but--"
"That's enough, Bryony," another voice chimed in. Linnaeus was thankful for this; upsetting Bryony wasn't something she enjoyed doing. She still felt so grateful to her, for helping to pull her out of the Lake, and essentially giving her a place to live and work--even if it was technically as a slave.
Nestor Olcott sat calmly at his desk. His face was blank and devoid of any real expression--except, maybe there was the smallest amount of fascination somewhere deep behind his gaze?
"Sorry," Bryony said flatly and took a step back, letting her head hang lower than before, seemingly as a sign of respect for the man.
Nestor did have a quality about him that Linnaeus found incredibly unsettling. Something about him was off, although on the surface one could never tell. He seemed perfectly pleasant--charming, even--someone you could really trust. Of course, there were rumors constantly being spread between the servants throughout the estate and many of them revolved around Nestor and his "deeds" for the family.
The atmosphere of the room made Linnaeus sweat a little and she wanted nothing more than to leave.
"I'm really sorry," started Linnaeus. "I know I'm clumsy--I promise I'll get better, I just--"
"Stop talking," Nestor said calmly. Linnaeus' stomach filled with butterflies and she could feel her cheeks become warm with embarrassment. "Have you learned nothing?" Nestor adjusted his posture, sitting up even straighter than before, his voice growing in volume. "You have no power here. You have no choice, no right to speak unless you are first addressed. Do you understand me?"
Linnaeus was silent, and she could feel her eyes well with tears. "I--I understand," she said, trying her hardest not to choke on the words.
"I don't know that you really do understand, but you will--in time. We have all come to learn this basic truth. I have been lenient with you--I know that your arrival here in Ravok was violent and I grant that one must take time to adjust to this world, this life...this family.
"But you have had enough leniency, and now it is time for you act as is expected of you. You will no longer be a general servant for the family. You are being assigned to a single family member."
Linnaeus' blood ran cold.
She looked over to Bryony with a helpless expression, looking for consolation, looking for some sign that this wasn't true. But Bryony's own expression was blank and cold; she looked straight ahead, refusing to make eye contact with Linnaeus. She knew of other servants that were assigned to single family members, like Hwyn, and it seemed terrible. Being at the full disposal of another human being...

"You will be given to someone who I think will truly appreciate your...unique qualities--your otherworldly appearance and whatnot. She has seen you around the estate and has asked for you personally. Her last servant didn't last, but I'm sure you'll do just fine. Her name is Antoinette, and she is to be respected."
Nestor stood from his chair and brushed off his vest and took a final sip from a wine glass sitting on his desk, and gestured over to Bryony.
"Would you take this one to her new master?"
"Yes," Bryony said, walked over to Linnaeus and took her by the arm and led her--somewhat forcefully--out of Nestor Olcott's office. Linnaeus stumbled on her own feet and felt tears falling down her face.
"Oh Bryony, will I be okay?" She asked in a hushed tone.
"I don't know," she said plainly. "The last servant of Nettie's went missing, and she was very hard on her. You better shape up, girl." Once they had entered a hallway off to the side and no one was around, Bryony stopped suddenly and turned to face Linn. She put one hand on each of her shoulders. "You're going to be okay, Linnaeus," she said, her face softening into an expression that Linnaeus hadn't seen on Bryony before. "I promise that you can do this."
And with that, Bryony turned on her heel and continued to lead Linnaeus to her new master.
Boxcode credit goes to Rohka <3
Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Words: 17609
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2017, 6:38 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Masterful Meetings

Postby Linnaeus on November 29th, 2017, 1:29 am

The part of the estate which housed the blooded members of the family was immaculate in comparison to the slave quarters and it made Linnaeus feel uneasy. The gold trimming and decorative embellishments seemingly made of various fine materials were dangerous--she was bound to break something.
"Keep up," Bryony called behind her. "Nettie's room is upstairs--you'd do well to remember where it is, and you need to start memorizing the layout of this part of the estate--that will help you a lot."

After making their way up a large flight of stairs and down a long corridor, they arrived at a large door, with an ultramarine finish and threshold. The door itself was decorated with various symbols and patterns, the likes of which Linnaeus had never seen.
Bryony looked at Linnaeus once more, and then knocked curtly on the large door. Silence followed, and Bryony stood patiently, completely still, while Linnaeus fretted and tugged on her own fingers.
After what seemed like a life-time, the golden doorknob slowly turned to the right, and the door itself opened, just enough for a small woman with a pale face and red eyes to peer out from behind it.
She seemed drunk. "Yeah? Or...yes?" She asked lazily, almost as if she was bored.
"We're here to see Nettie. Her new servant is here," Bryony said stiffly, waving her hand in front of her nose. There was a strangely sweet smell coming from the room, a kind of sticky aroma that made Linnaeus feel lightheaded.
"Oh, sure," the young woman said and opened the door fully, exposing the foyer behind.
Bryony stepped right past her and motioned for Linnaeus to follow, which she did. "You can go now," she said to the girl in an annoyed tone. The pale girl nodded and stumbled away, closing the blue door behind her with a loud thud. They walked through the small foyer which was decorated with an end table, which held a vase filled with several large feathers and a single white lily, a pair of shoes underneath, and a fur coat hanging on a coat rack. There was a small chair beside the end table with a book sitting upon its cushion.
Bryony gave a single, strong knock on the next door--a simple wooden door lacking the decorations of the first--and opened it forcefully.

The room was large. Or, large in comparison to Linnaeus' own room, which was slightly smaller than a walk-in closet and filled with a bunk bed and single dresser for her things, which was shared with her roommate.
Blue furniture decorated the inside. On the western wall was another end-table directly left of the door, identical to the one in the foyer; atop it was a small rouge tin with a lid, and a hand mirror sitting beside it and a powder puff to its right, a wooden chair with a gold-trimmed blue pillow in its seat.
There were mirrors decorating most of the walls, all different shapes and sizes, scattered across all of the walls. There was a large luxurious canopy bed in the middle of the room, with large billows of blue-purple tulle hanging down around it. Windows decorated the eastern wall, the hue of twilight peering through velvet curtains. In the middle of the windows was a mahogany cellarette with four crystal glasses on top. The room was saturated with a pungent scent, the same sticky smell from the foyer.

"You're just in time," said a voice from behind the tulle. Linnaeus had not noticed anyone in the bed when they first entered, but now clearly saw the silhouette of a woman. "I have been awaiting your arrival here; Nestor said I would get you tonight. I practically had to beg," the voice said.
The tulle parted and she became visible.

She was beautiful.

"I am Nettie," she said, lifting herself from her bed, wobbling slightly and bracing herself against the bed frame. Her chestnut hair hung just below her jawline, her bangs pinned to the left of her face with a jeweled hairclip. Her skin was olive and sun-kissed, freckles splattered across her cheeks and nose. Her lips were full, turned slightly into a smile. She wore a deep navy silk robe and no shoes and she smelled of anise and lavender and seduction.
"You must be Linnaeus," she said with a giggle, her voice milky with fascination.
"You're correct," Bryony said, breaking her silence. "From now on, she is yours. Nestor felt this would be the best use of her...," she trailed off, motioning toward Linn. "Do whatever you want with her."
Bryony turned and walked toward the door. "Do let me know if there's anything else that I can do for you, Nettie," she said, turning toward the Nitrozian and bowing. With that, she opened the door and exited.

Linnaeus stood perfectly still, alone now in the presence of a woman who was meant to be her owner.
Owner. The reality of this word settled into Linnaeus now. She was owned. No agency of her own, no choice. What Nestor had said earlier made a little more sense now, and dread filled her.
"You have said nothing," Nettie said, walking toward Linn. She stepped right up to her face, making direct eye contact, and lifted her hand to her chin and gripping it tightly, moving her face from left to right, seemingly inspecting its features. "You're pretty," she said flatly. Her hand dropped from Linnaeus' face and she walked past her--the scent of the woman almost overpowering Linn. She went to the cellarette and took out a medium sized bottle of brown liquor and poured it into one of the glasses, placed the bottle back gently and swirled the liquor around the glass for a moment before placing it against her lips. She took small, delicate sips and opened the curtain slightly, looking out over the city for a moment.
"Darkness is falling," she said calmly. "You must be happy for this, no?" She turned to Linnaeus and looked at her with a coy smile. She took another sip of her drink and walked over to Linnaeus again, circling her.
"Your attire is hideous. We'll have to change that. No handmaiden of mine will wear such garbage," she said. "You will groom yourself more often; learn to brush your petching hair." She took another sip, then let out a sigh.
"You can speak, right?" She asked, almost sounding annoyed.

Linnaeus cleared her throat. "I'll brush my hair," she said flatly. "I am sorry for my current appearance."
Nettie smiled again. "No matter, I can forgive this."
Linnaeus skin began to tingle. "What shall I call you?" Linn asked.
"My name, of course. Or, I had one servant call me 'mistress' once, which I didn't hate."
"Mistress, I assume you know this of me, but I change when Syna falls and Leth ascends into the sky. I can feel it approaching with haste." Nettie's face stiffened as she watched Linnaeus carefully.

Light engulfed the Ethaefal, the process of her effortless change beginning. Her skin, her nerves, her soul--they all tingled and danced, Linnaeus feeling the breath of her God against her cheek, the smell of His divine love all around her. She smiled, as she always did when she changed, and for a moment, she felt okay. Her golden hair that laid against her shoulders, the ornate horns that crowned her, the silver of her eyes and the cool marble tone of her skin--these were all signs of her status as someone who had lived among a god.

She turned to Nettie to find tears streaming down her delicate face, her cheeks flushed with emotion. "By the gods," she whispered, lifting her hands to her face, her breathing staggered. "Never before have my eyes come across something so glorious." She walked over to Linnaeus, lifting her hands to Linn's face and cradled it, as if holding some fragile porcelain object. "You are magnificent," she whispered. "I will--I will never let you go," she said, sounding almost panicked. "I will keep your purity safe, Linnaeus."

Linnaeus felt herself looking deep within her new mistress' eyes. She opened up her senses, feeling the slight drain of her djed--though she did not know it was called thus--and the aura surrounding her master slowly began to bloom around her. It was more of a smell, similar to the sweet, tarry smell from earlier, but different altogether. There was a taste alongside it, the taste of rust and blood and obsession.
This was an augur Linnaeus knew she must heed. Her heart fluttered in her chest; this was a powerful aura--similar to tea that was left to steep too long--bitter and difficult to stomach. Linn fought against the urge to step away, knowing this would not end well for her.

Nettie's hands dropped from her face and she walked toward the wardrobe that stood next to the bed on the north wall of the room. She opened it slowly, revealing many different dresses and gowns of various shades of blues, purples, navies and soft greys.
"There are new rules for you to follow, Linnaeus," she said softly, running her left hand along the fabrics. "Your dress is to change, and there is a certain...etiquette to be followed, now that you are mine."
At the bottom of the wardrobe, there was a medium sized chest neatly tucked into a corner. Nettie picked it up and brought it to the bed. She opened the chest and from it pulled out a garment made of lilac and grey cashmere. She laid the garment out of the bed, smoothing it out and laying it perfectly so that it could be seen in its entirety. She then pulled out a small grey wimple, followed by a translucent veil.
"This will serve as your new uniform; you are only to wear this from now on. Everyone among the estate will know of your status, and will know to act accordingly. No one but I is to look directly upon your face. When you leave the confines of this chamber, you are to cover your face with this veil, so to preserve yourself--you are my treasure, and only mine."
Boxcode credit goes to Rohka <3
Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Words: 17609
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2017, 6:38 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes