Treasure Hunting [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Treasure Hunting [Open]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 8th, 2011, 4:05 am

"What? That's what I said! Hamaroos. Hamaroos. Hara-moose... Oh." Eldon chuckled lightly as he bobbed his head, bit down lightly on his tongue, and repeated the name via individual syllables. "Hara-moose. Ah well, don't worry about it. I'm not that interested in Alchemy. Just, eh, curious I guess. I guess I can somewhat understand why you wouldn't know. Might be a spit in the face of Hamamoose. Trust in your gods, and they will care for you." Eldon grinned, he wasn't sure that was always the case, Makutsi was a rare sight on the plains, even though he prayed to her more than just on occasion.

Eldon inched slightly closer to Ariel, again to get a better look. He thought he saw something. "Did you just sigh? Or, breathe dramatically?" Eldon had theorized that, being made of clay, meant she had no lungs or need for air. He leaned back again for fear of making her more uncomfortable than she already was, if she was at all. Eldon was beginning to get quite comfortable around Ariel to be honest. Humans or Zith could have just as easily raided the Drykas camp, easier than any band of Pycon most likely. To hate all Pycon was just arrogant, foolish. He saw now that Ariel was not one of them.

"I wouldn't so much say it's a secret. We are usually welcoming of strangers. I've seen all kinds of people, although not quite so fun sized, in my life. We move more to follow the ideal environments, which I suppose can appear at times to avoid contact with other people." Eldon nodded, she knew a good deal about the Drykas it seemed. "The striders help guide us. They have a strong connection to the Sea of Grass, and we have a strong connection with them, therefore, we are connected always through them. Some Drykas... Eh, never mind. I'm just rambling now." Eldon chuckled nervously, lying about his reasons for cutting himself short. It wasn't often he nearly spoke about Webbing to strangers. That would have been a major problem if he had though.

"I've never thought about putting a plant in a pot. I guess that might work, but the Drykas already have so much to move. The pavilions, supplies, children, animals. A pot and plant would be more of a nuisance during the migration of Endrykas. It is a tempting thought though. I think I should like to try that someday." Eldon thought about it, someday was apparently today. His eyes fell on that crude butchered hole his fingers made in the ground. Trying to add up the possibility of such a thing. Would he manage to make it live? Could he keep it alive? He wouldn't attempt it today, but maybe, just maybe, someday. "I don't even know what all a plant could do. I have a good friend of mine, he knows everything about them." Eldon pondered, an idea coming to mind. Who else in Endrykas would appreciate a traveling plant more than Denen? He smiled lightly, thinking that Ariel had given him the perfect idea for a gift for the deaf Drykas. "Yes. I love being a proud Hydromancer of the Sunkiss Pavilion. I love the hunt. It has its drawbacks, battlescars, overgiving, so on. Live hard, ride fast, die young, be proud. That's the Drykas."
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Treasure Hunting [Open]

Postby Ariel on February 8th, 2011, 6:25 pm

Ariel sighed, just trust in your gods, yeah ok... All she had was Harameus. There was no other god in the forefront of her mind. No one she truly bothered to pray to; just him; but it seemed no matter how much she prayed, nothing in her life really seemed to improve. Yes, of course she was enjoying her travels, and the freedom she felt, but she was also longing for slightly longer limbs, and perhaps a more talkative traveling companion than her trusty Rafael, as well as one that didn't try to eat her from time to time. Sometimes, she honestly wondered if Harameus was even listening whenever she prayed to him for a few minor adjustments in her life... ok, maybe Ariel could admit to more than a few, but it was only fair right? When others got more than her?

Ariel sighed heavily once more, "yes, I suppose I did. Does that bother you? Or were you merely surprised to hear someone sculpted of clay speak AND breath too?" Ariel paused for a moment, "because to be honest, I thought we were past the part where you thought you were hallucinating, or talking to some sort of bug or children's toy. Was that assumption a mistake?" Ariel inquired, raising her right brow quizzically, awaiting Eldon's answer. She took her right hand off the reins and placed it on her hip. She was still waiting, and rapidly growing impatient.

Ohh that was enough waiting Ariel thought as she launched into another portion of her speech. "Well, perhaps it could be a very small pot, surely the plant wouldn't grow to be too large, and too much of a hindrance within a short amount of time? Or perhaps it depends on the plant itself? Surely they grow at different rates and to be different heights, just as all of the races of Mizahar do." Ariel sighed, "and you could always learn about plants from the friend you have mentioned, or perhaps, even a rather detailed book. Books are always a good place to start, aren't they?" Ariel's voice trailed off for a moment, as she cast her gaze down to her hands and then back up to Eldon's face again.

The drykas sounded so strange sometimes, she thought, not at all sensible, at least, not in Ariel's opinion. Of course, it was good to travel, but dying young? That was certainly not something she wished to do. No, she wanted to make sure she saw all of the world before that happened to her.
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Treasure Hunting [Open]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 12th, 2011, 3:21 am

Eldon leaned backwards as Ariel seemed to snap at him, his words thoroughly soaking in sarcasm as she interrogated him about being shocked about her breathing. He, in turn, sighed quite dramatically. Women, even when they were made of clay, always had some kind of attitude about them. "Alright, I'm sorry. I've never met... well, never held a conversation with a Pycon before. I've only been attacked by them, and, well." Eldon shook his head, he was certain Ariel didn't want to know about all the various deeds he felt like doing to those Pycon. Kayiri was even worse than him. Eldon stroked his clean shaven face for a moment as he sat there.

Eldon smiled as Ariel went on again about the pot, the plant, the gardening. She already admitted that she knew very little about plants, Eldon was no different. He couldn't imagine why she would be suggesting the idea so heavily. "Yes, yes, a small pot. I'll get right on that. I'll find a put, pack it with dirt, put a plant on top, and carry it around with me everywhere I go. I'll feed it water daily and whisper loving words to it at knight." Eldon yawned lightly. His intrigue of the Pycon was starting to fade, since all the many answers he had about Pycon would not be answered. "Books are also a hassle to carry around. My friend would be more than happy to show me about plants I'm sure, but I'm not sure I have the patience to learn. Besides, I have other things to preoccupy my time. Very consuming things." Eldon realized that it sounded like no more than a weak excuse, since he was caught merely digging at the dirt with his bare hands without a reason to do it for the most part. Still, it was a unique situation. It was his father's orders to take a break from making water. If his father was concerned, Eldon knew it was only a good idea to likewise be concerned about his health.

"Where'd you find the cat?"
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Treasure Hunting [Open]

Postby Ariel on February 12th, 2011, 3:34 pm

Sensing that Eldon no longer wished to speak of plants, she allowed him to quickly change the subject. She patted Raphael behind the ears as he mewed impatiently, "found him around here actually. For the longest time he thought I was a chew toy, but he seems somewhat more tame nowadays. Sure beats traveling on foot sometimes, at least for a pycon, it tends to be a far faster mode of transportation. Not only that but it provides for some level of companionship and protection," Ariel paused for a moment, as if considering her words. "Taller people are far less likely to step on cat than a pycon, right?" she inquired, even though the question was somewhat rhetorical.

"So what about your horse? Did you find it around here? Raise it yourself? What breed is it?" Ariel asked. "Do you have more than one or is she it?" Ariel added, raising one hand from the reins to gesture towards Eldon's horse, which was lazily grazing a few feet away in the grass, and then quickly returning it to the reins. Raphael was pawing at the ground, kicking up small clods of dirt. Ariel sighed, she had a funny feeling he wanted to get a move on, but wouldn't be able to any time soon. After all, at least from what she had already figured out about the Drykas, having lived among them for a bit of time now, as soon as you so much as mentioned horses, you were in for a long long conversation. Or perhaps lecture was a better word.

OOCSorry this post is somewhat short!
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Treasure Hunting [Open]

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on February 22nd, 2011, 2:57 am

Vanah snorted lightly as she prodded Eldon in the back, causing the squatting man to nearly stumble. Luckily his hand were swift enough to brace himself on the ground. Being embarrassed like that would certainly make him explode in a bloody mess. He cocked his head to the side, peering up at Vanah. "Easy girl, I got yah." Eldon chuckled lightly as he stood up, swatting at his legs to cast away any lingering dust that might have collected on him. "Well Missus Fun-Size, Vanah tells me that we need to get back home. I can't allow my father to pick up all of my slack. Work must be done. The Drykas is never truly finished, not until we die." Eldon made a fist in his hand and beat it against his pectoral twice, some sort of personal sign of vigor or strength probably.

"I truly am sorry for my first impressions. I certainly did not expect to see a Pycon so soon after... Anyway, you have opened my eyes to who you really are. Unique individuals, like myself and my own people. Perhaps, if you are around much longer, we'll meet again. I'll show you around Endrykas, show you the clans, their jobs. Who knows, you might learn more of my people than you truly want." Eldon chuckled heartily as he jumped back up on Vanah's back. He was confident that nobody could really get enough Drykas. As far as he was concerned, once you tasted the Drykas Culture, you wouldn't settle for anything else.

"Fairwell Ariel." And just like that, Eldon and Vanah moved towards the tents and pavilions in the distance. They would reach there in no time, even at just a simple trot they had taken on. Ariel and the cat, perhaps not so much.

End
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Treasure Hunting [Open]

Postby Ganmedo on February 22nd, 2011, 5:12 am

Blessings from the Cupbearer

Eldon Sunkiss

XP:

Herbalism + 1
Teaching + 1
Riding + 1

Lore:

Digging like a madman
Accepting that one sucks at digging
Being scared by tiny women
Giving second chances
Ariel
An explanation on Pycon
Thinking of amazingly thoughtful gifts

Ariel

XP:

Riding + 1 (Kittens)
Teaching + 2
Auristics + 1

Lore:

The many uses of kittens
Being judged unfairly
Eldon Sunkiss
Being wary of stinky Drykas
Drykas suspicion
Kittens are safe!

COMMENTS:

For the record, Denen would love a potted plant. He would carry it everywhere.

Also, this was an excellent and enjoyable read!
Ganmedo
The Cupbearer

Words: 7348
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous