Completed [Valkalah Library] Lessons

Martini finally takes the advanced/proper courses.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Valkalah Library] Lessons

Postby Martini Elwood on June 28th, 2018, 3:01 am

7th, Summer, 518

When Martini had first met Alice, she hadn’t the faintest clue where she wanted to go with her classes, there for for the past few seasons she been training with only her known skills. So she couldn’t blame Alice for being surprised when she said she wanted to try other crafts. She had been denying it for so long after all. Martini was technically getting schooled for free, as Alice hadn’t thought to charge her for not knowing what she wanted.

At this point though she was to meet Alice at the Valkalah Library to discuss business matters… and numbers. And while this disappointed Martini, she couldn’t be mad at Alice for requesting payment. She was teaching her something valuable after all.

So Martini sat in the library with only her dagger strapped to her waist and her usual attire. She took her time in getting there, but Alice had yet to arrive so she observed the her surroundings. There was no denying that the library was huge… The rows of books seemingly endless as the oak shelves spread out around her. There were tables and places to sit, and the head librarian seemed content to continue jotting down… whatever he was writing.

When Alice did arrive, she immediately set across from Martini with a small notebook in her hands. She began to jot down some notes as she spoke to the younger woman. “You’re sure you want the advanced courses?”

Martini hummed her acknowledgment as she nodded along. She asked her a few questions, some repeats of what she had agreed to in the beginning. Alice asked a question she answered, nd that’s how it was for the next few chimes. Final the question she was anticipating arrived. What was she looking to learn?

“Well, I’m more interested in the arts as you know. I want to learn to paint to start, I want to start coloring my works. I hear you can make your own paint? Maybe learning that would come into handy. I’d love music classes but maybe later. Finally I’d like to see myself trying carving… Noting to drastic, just small figures that could possibly be painted later.”

Alice inclined her head as she took notes, Martini fidgeting in her seat from the obvious concentration stretching Alice’s face. She seemed to be doing something after her quill ceased it’s movements, but she hadn’t looked up yet.

“Mm,” She hummed finally, causing Martini to jump at the sudden conversation. “I see us getting real work done here now that I know what you want. Though now that we’re having serious classes there is a fee for lessons.”

Martini inclined her head cautiously. She and Alice got along very well, she hoped the price wouldn’t put a wedge in between them. Not that she was unwilling to pay it was just -

“Three gold mizas a lesson?” Alice suggested calmly, watching Martini’s face scrunch into a frown. The was a little much per lesson… Maybe she could strike a deal with Alice since they were familiar.

“That’s a bit much… Maybe one gold miza and a two silver tip if you work overtime? I know it’s a bit off but it’s the best I can offer right now.”Alice seemed to look Martini straight I the eye, the latter fidgeting in her seat trying to feign confidence as she prepared for the rejection of her price proposal. Just then Alice hummed and tucked a strand of hair behind her head before nodding.

“Okay, yeah - I can work with that.” And it took all of Martini’s restraint not to jump from her seat and announce her triumph. She smiled gratefully at the other brunette either way, thanking her profusely both aloud and in her head. After discussing a bit more and having addressed the concerns that Alice had voiced, the ladies packed up and parted ways.

Graders NoteThe amount for Vakalah school lessons cost has been determined with Solstice.
3/3 Threads
If you are grading a thread I participated in I'd love feedback or improvement notes on the writing itself <3
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Words: 133955
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

[Valkalah Library] Lessons

Postby Ruvya on October 4th, 2018, 4:14 pm

G R A D E
Observation +1
Rhetoric +1
Negotiation +1
Planning +1

Riverfall location: Valkalah Library
Rhetoric: Succinctly expressing what you want
Martini: Wishes to learn to make her own paint
Martini: Wishes to learn to carve figurines
Negotiation: Offering your best price upfront

If you have any queries about your grade please let me know via PM.
Ruvya
Player

Words: 40558
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2018, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets