Heeey. New here! Should be exciting.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Heeey. New here! Should be exciting.

Postby Blair on November 17th, 2009, 1:25 pm

Hey! I'm Blair... or atleast that's about the only thing I've ever been called online. It would be hard to break tradition. Unfortunately I stopped roleplaying in total about two years ago to focus on school and real life (sigh) and I've just decided to come back! If I'm not being too full of myself, I think I would've considered myself advanced - but we'll wait and see where that takes us! Haha. Recently I've been missing all the online friends I had, the almost comradery I had with other roleplayers and decided to come back. The results? A quick google search and I hit the 'Best roleplay sites a something-something' and obviously (!) this site was on the list. From what I can remember I was a mainly third-person roleplayer, which Mizahar seems to be, so I hope I'll fit in well. We'll see where my writing takes me because I'm positive my writing style has changed for the better, as well as my interests. I can't wait! Mizahar seems so full of possibilities.
:idea:
So I've done a little character brainstorming, and I'm stuck between the Pycon, Kelvic, and Benshira races. Any suggestions? (:
Blair
Player

Words: 193
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2009, 12:41 pm
Race: Human

Re: Heeey. New here! Should be exciting.

Postby Abashai on November 17th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Welcome Blair! Mizahar is indeed a great place full of possibilities. I look forward to seeing you in play!

As far as the races...the are all good! The designers have come up with a great collection of original races, each so unique. You can hardly go wrong with any of them, if you are faithful to their lore.

So jump in and have fun!!!
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Liminal on November 17th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! I hope you enjoy it here.

As for races...I'm not really sure. Like Abashai said, they're all good. I'm partial to the idea of Pycons myself, but it depends on the character concept.
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 18th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! It's nice to meet you Blair, and truthfully I feel privileged you picked Mizahar to come out of your roleplay hiatus with. We're richer for it, for sure. If you find us a little quiet in the next weekish it is because quite a few of us are winding down NaNoWriMo and trying to finish it up. So take the time to really develop a great character concept - read the lore carefully - and ask a ton of questions...

And expect with Nov 1st we will all be full force and highly active again. Taking the whole month to write a 50,000 word novel is an incredible experience, but one that is really only a great thing one month out of the year!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on November 18th, 2009, 9:36 pm

Welcome, Blair! Mizahar certainly is a good place to find some friends, people who share similar interests with you. :)

My advice would be: Decide on your own which race you would like to play most. I, for example, don't like playing tiny people like the Pycons because a lot of daily tasks are different for them, but it really depends on your writing style (I tend to be realistic). And take your time with the decision.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)