Failure Makes Us Fearsome (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Khiara on February 9th, 2011, 10:43 am

Khiara jumped at the sudden growl, unsure why on earth a simple comment about books would make someone so defensive. This Isur had issues! Sipping her wine, the young woman shook her head a little. Such a strange evening.

Lowering the mug, she contemplated the words, running a finger around the rim languidly as the alcohol lightened her head. Her eyes looked at the wine, shifting to a soft lavender. How far would she go? It was an interesting question to answer.

"I think, to understand my answer you have to understand how far I've come to find him. I left Avanthal with no desire to live, searching for my death without care. I walked for miles and miles. I lost myself, and couldn't find my way back. When I met Vanator, he helped me to come back, to cope with..." Pausing, she looked at the man, leaning forward slightly, eyes intense.

"I owe him my life tenfold, and I would go as far again for him. I would give up my life, my everything, to save him if need be. I gave up being with him once, because I thought it was right..and Goddess if I had to I would do it again." Sitting back, she drank again quietly.

"You warn me about life making us follow through on or words? I need no warning because I give myself wholey for him."

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Trios on February 10th, 2011, 4:42 am

“Aye didn’t want your life story kid, just wanted to see how far ya’d be willin to go.” Said Trios in his emotionless voice as his blue eyes bore into the now lavender eyes of the female. People sometimes shocked the Isur, it was funny how among the slew of races and masses a few characters were different.

Trios wasn’t a fan of races, cultures or religion, especially the latter. They made people weak, single minded drones with no cause but to promote their own. But what Trios was a fan of was people in the singular. Give one enough cause and they’d be burning down kingdoms screaming to the heavens.

Not wanting to show how glad he actually was Trios tried to remain stone like. He didn’t want to admit it but he needed a bit of hope that a single passion could do anything. The only part of the girls little speech that Trios didn’t enjoy was the thought of dying for another, it was a slightly disturbing thought. Plus who ever this “Vanator” was he’d be a poor excuse of a Drykas as well as a human to let someone else die for him.

“I hope you remember your words missy, if that day comes” Chuckled Trios for he certainly remembered his. Looking at his books for a few moments Trios grabbed his drink after a few moments of contemplation. Then with a slight distain at the conclusion of his thoughts, Trios emptied the one mug of ale in a single pull.

“And since I be a man of my words, I’ll let you ask me one question. And it’s only cus ya’ve been such a interestin human-er-nondryaks …Vanthan whatever!?” said Trios waving the empty mug at the last part. Trios wasn’t a fan of giving away information let alone be willing to give away information. It was here Trios was glad he at least had some booze to get rid of that distasteful feeling.

“Just make it a good question! I swear to god if its what type of breed of strider I like I will actually hit you!” Trios mumbled to the girl angrily. This was better off to reason partially on the boozes influence the other being how much Trios hated horse riding.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Khiara on February 17th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Khiara smiled as she sipped her wine, become used to the gruffly spoken outbursts in their conversation. It seemed he almost battled with himself to ensure he was tough and to the point. Leaning back in her chair, the vantha tapped her mug as she thought. She was sure any question would be regarded with some frame of distain, and there was obviously a sore spot in the discussion of books. He already explained what he was, and how he came to be...stuck...in Endrykas.

"One question...okay. You've travelled, from one who has journeyed also, its obvious. Particularly as you are clearly not drykas. You seem to be stuck here, or at least rolled into the nomad life by no fault of your own. Your reading as a favour, and your not going to let me ask about that. I would ask your name, but judging from our conversation to date, I think that could be a stupid question. So, Isur, why have you travelled? Adventure, escape, duty? What put you in Endrykas?"

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Previous