Heya, new member here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Heya, new member here!

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 23rd, 2009, 7:19 pm

Hello everyone! Well been looking into this site the last day or so and it appears awesome. Been looking for a good old fantasy RP forum based in medieval time that wasn't WoW or LOTR. Anyways, hope to get posting on here today or in a couple days... Matters how long it takes to get settled and learn the site. Hope to meet some of you guys soon and to start having some fun!

Orion Lorgan
"A good defense is a good offense." -General George S. Patton

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Words: 9507
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Re: Heya, new member here!

Postby Malia on November 23rd, 2009, 8:36 pm

Welcome, Orion! I hope that you'll have fun here and get used to our couple of rules soon.

So did you play pbp RPGs before or not? I don't know if there are such boards for Wow or LotR, and you don't have to be experienced to join - I'm just being curious. :)
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 23rd, 2009, 9:12 pm

Welcome Orion. Love your name. Anyhow, its a tad quiet around here because of NaNo, but trust us we'll all be back in full posting madness in a few days (though I'll be one handed!) with the wrap-up of the month of Novel Writing! If you have any questions, let us know... but in the mean time, how about telling us a bit more about yourself? We're informal here, and joining Mizahar is sorta like getting a new online family... so tell us a bit about yourself!

And ask any questions! Make comments. Demand changes, etc. :)

Jen
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 23rd, 2009, 10:09 pm

Hmmm where to start where to start....

Well my RPing career started about two years ago. I started out on a RP server on World of Warcraft. Was fun... obviously. I did that for like a year before I stopped and decided to start doing forum RP's. Started out on Starwars Universe, or SWU, then I joined a friend's custom WoW RP forum. They were more like stories then games, so this kind of RPing is SLIGHTLY differant, but not by much. Anyways I love to RP, thats the whole basic idea of my lecture... haha. And yes, there are WoW and LOTR forums, they're just not big like this one. Anyways, I love fantasy and sci-fi, but been doing sci-fi RPing for a while now that I want some good old-fashioned fantasy RPing.

Oh, and thanks about my name. I thought it up for a previous charecter name once and decided to use it again. :D Now, where was I? Oh yes, I do lots of PBP RP's, but the game part is slightly new... Should be interesting. Anyways been reading up on everything I can find, and one thing thats a TINY bit confusing is the Magic section. Im used to a differant version of magic, so a little enlightening would be nice. Just a little.... >.> <.< Anyways, Im kind of a serious dude, at least in real life. Online, Im a comedian for some reason (probably cause I can do like, anything, I want on chatrooms.), though when posting on a RP, I follow what my charecters are like. Orion is gonna be a random mercenary/rogue hehe, jack-of-all-trades, master of none. Kind of a comedian, but serious when it comes to business. And his business would be the sneaky and underground kind. No magical interest at all.

You guys got any questions for me? Cause Im open to any if you have any. :)

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Abashai on November 23rd, 2009, 10:33 pm

Welcome Orion! I did a short stint in a Star Wars RPG online as well. But to be honest...Mizahar slaps it silly. I look forward to seeing your Character Sheet!
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 25th, 2009, 12:16 am

Heh I can guess. SWU though is one of the best EVER as it has around 600 members and has been around for about 2 to 3 years. Anyways thank you for welcoming me to this great site! :D Hope to RP with you really soon possibly! Oh and my CS is complete. I shall be putting up the link on my profile in just a sec...

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on November 25th, 2009, 9:16 am

Great CS, Orion. I enjoyed it enormously.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 26th, 2009, 2:33 am

Thank you. Thought it would only be satisfactory. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet