Orion Lorgan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Orion Lorgan

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 23rd, 2009, 11:09 pm

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Physical Information

Race: Human
Birthday & Age : Unknown (guess is Winter), around his early 20's
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 170 lbs

Physical Description

Tall and lean, Orion is a example of any person who has gone through years of near-starvation and hard-work. With short black hair and usually a thin amount of stubble always along his chin, he is a decently handsome man, if you can get him to have a bath and shave. His eyes are bright emerald in color and his teeth are straight and mostly white. He has several scars along his hands, cheek and chin from years of cuts and brawling. in particular, he has a long scar along his cheek, acquired from a blade weapon.

Also, he has a few tattoos, a black snake with ruby-red eyes twisting around his right arm, a savage-looking wolf along his back and shoulder that is howling, and lastly, a small heart that is broken in half with a dagger going straight through it, with both the tip of the dagger and its hilt (which is in the shape of a skull) clearly seen. All three are normally hidden underneath his usual clothing, so rarely seen by the common eye.

Character Concept

Personality: While considered a thief, liar, cheater and con artist, Orion is a near-honorable person. Any agreements that he agrees to he follows carefully. Normally Orion is a quiet and secluded person, usually letting others talk while he just listens. He likes to talk with the few friends he has, though as he has nearly none, he rarely speaks unless it pertains to business.

While he trusts nearly nobady, he has learned to trusts a couple differant individuals. While rare, it is possible for him to trust. And when he does trust somebody, he trusts them with his life.

Ethics: Always follows a set agreement, doesn't like to kill unless needed (unless its part of a job or if they threaten his person). When on a mission, he never leaves anybody behind, even if its somebody he hates to his inner being. Also women he consider equals in all ways as men, except in tiny little ways.

Likes: Tricking people, completing a job, wine, a occasional woman, cool/cold places, and weaponry of (almost) all kinds.

Dislikes: Failing a mission/getting caught, swimming, silly or talkative people, killing people, and hot days.

He also hates most governments and laws as they are a way of confining/control and a way to just do whatever corrupt officials want. He especially hates Syliras and it's government, and those who enforce it's corrupt (in his eyes) laws.

Character History

Born in the streets of Sylira to only his mother (as his father had left them), Orion was given over to the care of a nearby orphanage after the first few months. He never saw his mother again. Raised by the owners of the orphanage, who didn't really appreciate him among the dozen other orphans.

Due to their lack of attention, he grew to start stealing and sneaking off. Over the years, he grew to love sneaking off into the city and pick-pocketing (failing several times and nearly getting caught several times). Eventually he ran away, joining a small gang of other urchins who worked together to live.

On one occasion, he was nearly caught by a noble and his personal guard. While coming up on him, he saw a medium-sized bag which was filled obviously with coins, probably golden mizas. Starving at the time and bored, Orion decided to try. Behind both of their backs, he sneaked up on them among the crowd's noise. Sneaking his hand into the noble's purse, he grabbed hold of the pouch and began pulling it out, when the noble suddenly turned. Found out, he was caught by the shoulder and shaken several times. Frightened beyond belief, Orion pulled out a small, sharp piece of metal he used to defend himself at times and stabbed it into the noble's hand. Releasing him as he cried out in pain, Orion ran for his life, barely escaping the chasing guardsman.

At the age of 15 though, he came under the wing of a master thief and con-artist, learning from him. Over the years, he learned many things from his new teacher, both normal and abnormal skills. To name several would be reading, trading, mathematics, identifying poisons both common and rare, how to use daggers, and many others. On numerous occasions, his 'master' would train him on a certain topic for a period of time then suddenly thrust him into a real life situation where he must use the newly learned skills.

Also on several occasions, his master put him under private tutors of different skills, a couple being art, manners, cleaning, and others. Over time, his master began having him help in real life missions of his own. On one occasion, he disguised Orion as a young noble's son. Letting him infiltrate a minor, yet rich household, he spent a week under the families care, gaining their trust and learning where everything was. Their target was a small stash of information under the nobles protection, hidden somewhere. With Orion's help, they both eventually found and stole the information, taking it to their employer (and being payed handsomely for it).

After years of training, he went away and began working for himself. Finding he loved his work, he went into business as a highly skilled thief, con artist, assassin, and many other jobs. While keeping mainly to himself (except when it pertains to business), he occasionally saw a woman and saw her for a time, showing her a good time and putting his attentions on her. With one woman though, he found he actually liked her, maybe even loved her. Her name being Jasmine, she was a beautiful young lady with skin the color of coffee and brown eyes. He saw her for several months before he finally revealed his feelings in a surprising change-of-events to Jasmine, who had grown accustomed to his non-revealing nature.

Finding that his feelings were returned, Orion began to slowly pull away from his 'career' and put more attention into her. Sadly, it didn't last long. On one dark night, a squad of guardsmen assaulted his home, with both of them inside in the middle of dinner. Taken by surprise, Orion protected her from the guardsmen as best as he could with what weapons he could acquire (being only a dagger on his person).

Overwelmed, they ran upstairs and locked the door. Hugging each other in desperation, Orion quickly led her to the window and prepared to escape. Just then the guards got through the door. A crossbowman quickly took aim and fired, trying to kill Orion. Fate being unkind at times, the bolt instead hit Jasmine. Orion being shocked and numb at what had happened barely pulled her near-dead body out the window to drop down onto a pile of soft trashed materials. Picking her up as gently as possible, he quickly escaped down the dark alleyway before the guards could get to them. Just a hour later, Jasmine died in Orion's now-bloody arms. For the first time in years, Orion cried.

Giving her to a nearby undertaker and paying for her to have a good grave hours later, he quickly went to nearby stores and traded in his bloody garments for new, clean clothing, weapons, and a cloak. He immediately went back into his previous 'career', finding a tiniest bit of joy in his older life.

Nowadays, he mostly lives outside the city of Syliras in the surrounding wilderness, sneaking into the city to find jobs, gear, food, whatever he needs. His home is a hidden cave, where he has stashed all his possessions and such, making it is own place. As it is loaded with tunnels, it is also a great place to escape from when needed. He also likes it due to its cool interior during the hot seasons and its slightly warm interior during the colder seasons (and not having to pay rent is a plus in his book).

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore)

Starting Package:
Stealth (10)
Daggers (15)
Climbing (15, Racial Bonus)
Larceny (10)
Unarmed Combat (15)

Equipment and Possessions
Tough Leather Gloves (Black)
Hard Leather Boots (Black)
Tent
Horse
Woolen Cloak (Dark Gray)
Linen Shirt (Black)
Leather Breeches (Black)
Long Dagger (From his Teacher)

Late Fall, 509 AV
Assassin's Dagger
2 Throwing Daggers
Knuckleduster

Ledger
93gm 5sm

Thread List
Last edited by Orion Lorgan on February 15th, 2010, 1:54 am, edited 19 times in total.
"A good defense is a good offense." -General George S. Patton

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Words: 9507
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Character sheet

Re: Orion Lorgan

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 25th, 2009, 12:12 am

Finished... Any comments are welcomed and possibly where to start... Maybe him sneaking back into the city? COMMENT STILL WELCOME! :D

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 26th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Ok decided Im gonna revise this CS a bit. Will have same stuff as before mostly, but I want to add a bit more detail to it, especially in history and his physical description. Anyways Ill be doing it a little bit over time today and the next couple of days till I say Im satisfied. Just to anyone interested.

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on December 1st, 2009, 2:14 am

Ok finished revising, should be staying this way for a long while. :)

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet