Closed It's Time To Celebrate (Savis Maren)

The Moon Festival is tonight, and people are celebrating with every intention.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

It's Time To Celebrate (Savis Maren)

Postby Teeryian Khohen on October 8th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Fall 22nd 518AV
Night
Summary: The Moon Festival is upon us once more and Lhavitians take this moment with all good intentions to celebrate and meet new people.

~~~~~~

The night sky of Lhavit was beaming with the night stars of the sky. Causing the dank sky to illuminate a gorgeous blue. Which gave sight to those who might have trouble seeing in the dark, but that wasn't the only thing that was lit up this night. Twenty two days into Fall, and it seemed like a very long twenty two days. Working at The Catholicon day in and our was tiresome, and there were new challenges almost every day. Senri said he would stay at The Catholicon to keep an eye on the patients who still resided there with their injuries or illnesses. Teeryian wanted to make it up to the nice man, but she didn't have much money on her at this moment. She needed to save it, and hopefully soon she could offer the man something geneeous for all he's done. He's a kind man, and Teeryian was glad to have him as a co-worker, and possibly even a friend. She needed friends right now, being alone in her own home didn't get her the attention that she desired most of the time.

She did some reading here and there, but that was it; asise from that though... she did check on her herbs and berries. They were growing quite well, her mother wanted her to come out tonight and enjoy the festivities that we're being held within the city. The fun games to enjoy, and more people to meet. Her mother explained to Teeryian how it was very important to be a part of the community and meet new people. She could learn things about stuff she never knew about. That's what mother said, and she also advised Teeryian to make the best out of her life. Her father was only Human, and he was already 50 years of age. Time was valuable for them, and a relationship seemed quite fathomable.

What better to meet new people than a Moon Festival, and there was no sarcasm in that thought. Teeryian was more than glad to get out and enjoy the fresh air of Lhavit.

All activity of the Midnight Rest migrated over to the Zinitia Peak, where more people gathered all around celebrating and chit-chatting. Faces beamed up and a few drunkards wandered the street, elated and nearly worn out. Teeryian was trying to find her family, they could be anywhere here in this Peak. If they were having fun, maybe she should as well. Teeryian didn't have to spend every waking moment worrying about her family. Her parents were tough and knew what they were doing.

As Teeryian thought about her family, she didn't watch where she was going and had accidentally bumped into another woman. "Och, I'm so sorry ma'am." Teeryian apologized as she nearly tripped herself. "Truly, I'm really sorry. I-I wasn't watching where I was going."

Thank you so much Gossamer!
WEDNESDAYS, THURSDAYS, FRIDAYS UPDATE POSTS.

Teeryian works at the Catholicon for 8 Kina/day. *APPROVED BY LUMINESCENCE*

Teeryians CS || Plotnotes || Healing || Konti || The Okomo Estates || Lhavit
Teeryian Khohen
Player

Words: 23476
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2018, 4:38 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savis Maren on October 11th, 2018, 4:47 pm

It was the night of the Moon Festival, and all throughout the daytime, there were preparations to consider. Savis purchased a set of cosmetics before the shops closed with the midday rest, but upon their return to business the Nuit immediately entered the Silk Palace. In anticipation of the Moon Festival, the Nuit visited the Palace in search of an ensemble to wear. Of course, one couldn't go to festivities dressed in sterile grays. For lack of a better term, she wouldn't be caught dead in her attire post body transfer. The Nuit scoffed at the idea as she approached the countertop. It was uncommon for patrons to order their full ensemble at the Silk Palace, but for Savis there was simply nowhere better. She waited for the twins with an expectant glare settled upon her visage. The Inarta children didn't make eye contact with the Nuit, instead hurriedly assembling the next order in the queue before they called out.

"One black silk dress. One black silk sash. One black, silk hood and half-cape." emerged with a heavy droll. Clearly, the Inarta didn't look forward to exchanging pleasantries with dead. Savis Maren approached the register's desk with her funds secured in a burlap sack, splaying the coins along the surface with no regard for the ease of transaction. The Inarta hurriedly counted out the funds, a full 73ki and 5 jade ki sorted out for the pair to throw into the til. When they were satisfied that the Nuit wasn't shortchanging them, they nodded, dismissing her. Savis Maren didn't consider their nod, instead of letting a merry whistle escape her lips. The sound was chafed, with her lack of saliva to make the process easier, and she quickly fell out of the habit in favor of humming.

Savis Maren scaled the city of Lhavit as quickly as her lagging legs could carry her, an untempered excitement in her expression as she approached, drawing closer and closer to her apartment. When she arrived, she threw herself into her bedroom, eager to begin the ritualistic demands of her body's cleansing. Quickly, she shed her pallid, ugly attire before unfurling the bandages from her graying corpse. The body she carried herself in continued to be in pristine condition, the easy Lhavitian lifestyle and stale bite of the cold doing wonders for the preservation. The Nuit breached into the power that lay dormant within her soul. Djed welled throughout her core before she directed the flow of the internalized died within her arm. Slowly, she wrapped her died about the astral arm. Slowly, steadily, she pulled it forth, shivers of pleasure welling throughout as the manifestation of djed caused her eyes to widen. Savis Maren unfurled her astral arm from the real and her djed connected her mind to the astral body. Her physical arm fell limp as she steered her spectral arm towards the bandages on her legs. Those bandages unraveled, falling to the floor. The undead stretched her astral arm, pilfering through her rucksack. She opened her surgery toolkit, producing from it replacement bandages. She'd pull back on the limb, placing the bandages in her right hand, which remained unused until that point.

Next, Savis Maren reached for her bottle of embalming fluid. The liquid held a heavy, chemical scent to it, which she couldn't for the life of her smell. She utilized her astral arm in combination with a bristled brush to scrub clean her physical form. When her djed strained from the usage of the astral body, she withdrew, latching her physical and astral limbs together anew. She'd continue her efforts with physical strength, scrubbing clean her body before applying a layer of the chemical mixture. She'd wrap her shins with bandages before doing so with her shoulders, forearms, and breasts. Savis applied a second layer of bandages at her legs before she was satisfied with her efforts.

Once the Nuit was confident her form was protected from the elements, she noted that bells passed. Savis was, however, satisfied with her rituals of maintenance and continued next with cloaking herself in the beautiful ensemble she'd purchased. The dress and hooded cape went first, thrown over her limbs with meticulous care before she continued on with applying the make up she'd purchased. Savis reached into her shopping bag to find her purchase of 3 ounces of rouge, kohl, face powder, and silvery lip pomade. The Nuit was floored with the extent of her purchases, but had no intention of arriving at the Moon Festival looking like a corpse. The Nuit dressed her cheeks with the rosey coloration of the rouge, followed with the implementation of kohl above and beneath her eyelashes. Next, Savis brushed face powder lightly along her features to soften the gray pallor of her skin before applying her lip pomade over black lips. Silver stared back at her, her eyes hovering along her lips. She used a towel to dab off any excess and once satisfied with her efforts she left her home just in time for the Festival.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

A slow, steady pace carried the Nuit through Lhavit, drinking in the sights and sounds of the evening. Of course, Savis Maren did not eat or drink, and as such, she was content to wander the Festival as primarily a spectator. Her dress caught eyes as she walked throughout, but clearly not enough so to avoid the fate of being bumped into. The Nuit's balance was set off center, and she flapped her arms like a madwoman as she kicked out a leg. She stumbled, but did not fall and thank the gods that she did not.

The stare she fixed at the Konti was akin to daggers, her pale silver eyes encompassing the breadth of her as scathing words began to form in her throat. Savis Maren's lips vibrated together with a snarl as those silver eyes narrowed with contempt.

"As you should be, you inattentive wench," poured from her lips, a scowl fixed upon her features as she placed a single hand at her hips. The other motioned to the marvelous dress she wore before she said,

"If I had fallen, who would pay for this replacement, hm? The Silk Palace isn't cheap, child," she seethed, venom dripping from every word. She'd come to enjoy herself and found that enjoyment materialized in full. The spectacle that was Savis Maren sustained itself off of the displeasure she could throw at others.

Ledger Changes :
-73 kina, 5 jade kina for outfit. -7 topaz kina, 5 jade kina for high boots. - 1kina, 2 topaz kina for makeup. Equates to three transactions valuing at a total of 75 kina.
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Words: 399286
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2018, 11:49 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Teeryian Khohen on October 14th, 2018, 2:07 am

Teeryian Khohen hugged herself tight within her cloak. She could pretend that the woman's arrogance was just the cool crispy wind blowing across her body, but it was difficult to ignore someone who's so rude. And it wasn't right for Teeryian to not watch where she was going, she felt like it was a poor excuse; and when she added her family as her excuse. It added tension. Teeryian sighed and took a step back, clearing up the space they were standing it. It felt odd, being held at. Her mother didn't really yell at her growing up, just admonished her most times when she was learning as a child. However, it seemed that this woman in front of her had many years of isolated anger and repent. It made Teeryian Khohen wonder about what she's been through.

"I know silk is a lot. That's why I avoid shopping there. I buy what I NEED." Teeryian frowned, "but why go through all this trouble, just to purchase a full ensemble of dark silk?" Teeryian asked, she was curious and wanted to know why such dark colors on this bright cheerful night when everyone else in this beloved city was celebrating. What was this woman planning on doing with the clothes she bought, and aside from wearing them... Perhaps Teeryian came to become a little skeptical of the woman, but it never hurt to ask.

"I'm really sorry about bumping into you. Please forgive me. I'll be better I promise!" Teeryian pleaded towards the woman. "I'll take you to eat?" Teeryian asked? "Or maybe I can pay for some festivities?" She asked again?

The mentioning g of her being a child was pushed aside for now. She didn't want to object the woman, but Teeryian was actually an adult for two years now. She's been living in the Okomo Estates by herself since the beginning of this Fall. She was excited to finally live free, but was glad that she didn't have to move elsewhere to do so. With a life time spent in Lhavit... You can grow up quick with the people that you side with. Teeryian still had a lot to learn, and sometime people need personal space, but for Teeryian she can't live a night without losing someone's respect for the night, and knowing she did something to cause it. She just couldn't bare worrying about it. Because it'll be the death of her if it doesn't get rectified.

Teeryian Khohen
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savis Maren on October 15th, 2018, 6:31 am

The wretched creature known as Savis Maren sustained herself on the misery of others. How she enjoyed watching the hope and light drain from the faces and eyes of her fellows. And yet as Teeryian spoke, she found the unbidden fury wilt away in favor of amusement. First, the Konti woman emphasized practicality, asking in turn why Savis saw fit to purchase such extravagant clothing. First, the Nuit gestured to the passerby. Many dressed in finery about them, perhaps in different colors but it was in her finery that Savis Maren sought distinction. Black was the color of her lips, the concealed bags beneath her eyes. and more importantly, the wretched soul that dwelled beneath her flesh. Not to say that the Nuit was violent, but certainly, there was little light to be found anywhere about her.

"Why not?" she mused aloud. Laughter escaped from her, unprovoked and certainly undeserved. But, she couldn't help herself. The absurdity of the Konti's question caught her off guard, and the laughter that flowed from her was as lovely and dark as the clothing she wore. In waves it escaped her before the calm set about the woman, her distinct silver eyes perusing the Konti like a book to be read and studied. Djed welled within the Nuit's eyes, pulled forth from the depths of her soul as she sought to forge a link between aura and eyes. The laughter was but a ruse, used as incantation and disguise in the same unnecessary breaths. Smoke billowed about the Konti as her aura flared to life. She seemed, understandably so, uneasy. Savis Maren's presence did that to others, it seemed. She couldn't for the life of her imagine why.

"This night isn't meant to be practical. Festivity is in the air, is it not? Should I return my lovely silk dress because it displeases you?" she mused, holding back laughter as she took another indulgence into mockery. Savis then allowed the tone to dissipate when the Konti appealed to her sensibilities, promising her nourishment? It amused the Nuit to think that the Konti couldn't see her for what she was. Perhaps the face powder has its uses after all, she thought to herself before answering anew,

"Oh, food is unnecessary. But, the festivities? Perhaps I can find it in my heart to forgive you. However, first, I'll need your name. Or should I assign one to you?" Savis Maren thought back to her meeting with Mauriel, and the choice that lovely Ethaefal never had. She realized the mockery was an extension of herself, and enjoyed it tremendously. The Nuit's focus returned to the woman's aura, and with it the textures of her flesh flecked along the Nuit's fingertips. The subtle scales became clearer to her, gills hidden from her immediate sight. Envy bubbled at the surface of her thoughts, and it took a great effort on the undead's behalf to not roll her eyes.

"What have you in mind, then? Certainly such a savvy woman such as yourself," yet another snide mockery. Savis Maren simply couldn't help herself, it seemed. "Knows the ins and outs of the Moon Festival? It's my first one, I'm afraid to admit."
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Teeryian Khohen on October 27th, 2018, 3:05 am

The gentle fall breeze chilled Teeryian to the bone. A sheer tone of disgust encased the woman's words as Teeryian could only think of apologies and nothing else. She didn't enjoy being clumsy when it comes to events like one such as this. Especially when it's a celebration that begins relationships. This one would have probably finished through poorly if Teeryian wasn't a good innocent person like she was raised to be. She didn't want the weight of worrying about what the strange woman was feeling towards her. She wanted to leave this encounter on a positive note. More or less. More is better though.

She chuckled at the name comment, and she grimaced a friendly smile towards Savis. "My name is Teeryian. Teeryian Khohen." She replied cordially and held her head up right and proud. Proud and loud. Just like her mother taught her. Always show your pride with your name. Name's are important she said. "Calling me a child is really too close of a call for a stranger like you." She kept the thought of her being an adult for a couple of years aside from the conversation. She didn't want to dig her hole any deeper than when she had already first bumped into the strange woman. "And what about you? I don't like calling you 'strabge woman,' in my head... Is there a name that you'd prefer me to call you?" Savis smiled jokingly of course. She was being funny like she was naturally.

"I know we got off the wrong foot." Literally. "But I can definitely show you some fun festivities here around Lhavit. I'm sure you'll.... enjoy them." She stumbled in her speech a bit as she wanted to think of the right word to say, but ended up using another different word in replace of the one she had probably wanted to say, but was glad in the end that she didn't because she really did not want to dig her hole any deeper than she had done so.

"There's a play, one that's held during every Moon Festival that honours Leth every year. I would watch it a hundred times if I could. That's always entertaining. Even if you're not in the mood to drink, or eat." She said cheerfully and stood her ground with a little more confidence. "I can show you where it is? You know where the Surya Plaza is right? If you don't know it all that well, that's fine! I can take you there?" She suggested that they should go there, but if Savis isn't interested in a play of sorts there is plenty of stuff to do here in Lhavit.

The city had lit candles all over. Igniting the darkness with a warming sensation as the lights whisked about throughout the light breezes of the fall night, of this glorious fall night. When Savis was ready to go, Teeryian lead the way. They stopped at a very detailed flower shop with flowers of all sorts surrounding the building, known as the Prismatic Pedals. The scent of flowers were heavenly soothing and more so quite satisfying. There were also a booth or two set up for flowers and a booth specifically for peonies at the Surya Plaza. Nothing smelled better than a fresh batch of flowers and a cool night breeze on this glorious fall night. And an encounter like this is definitely not going to end on a bad note tonight. Not tonight.

"Do you like flowers?" Teeryian asked, even though she felt like a little girl asking a stranger if they liked flowers. Who wouldn't. Plus, a little color won't hurt the woman wearing all dark clothes. "I can get you a peony or two for your hair? You'd look gorgeous!" She didn't want to say "pretty," sometimes it can be the wrong word to use and can be quite offensive. Especially in Teeryian's perspective; she knew the woman liked dark clothing. She had a past of some sort that she probably didn't want to talk about. It was alright with Teeryian; the world was always full of secrets and the mysterious.

Teeryian lead Savis down to one of the booths. A girl asked how many, Teeryian said two peonies in response and fished out two golden kinas. "Could I get one plue peony and one pink one please?" Teeryian asked. "Yes you can, and as a reminder blue represents serenity, calmness, and sympathy. While the pink one represents playful, general love, and gentleness." Teeryian smiled.

"Thanks for the reminder." She smiled at the girl as she handed Teeryian the peonies. Teeryian waved to the girl happily and hand ushured Savis to follow her into the plaza. And it looked like the show that honoured Leth every year was about to start as well. "Here," Teeryian said with a gentle smile. "For your hair. And for you. As a token of friendship and relations. To a new start." And to a new style of color choices as well. "May we both live happy lives."

OOC: COST OF X2 PEONY FLOWERS. 2 KINA.

Teeryian Khohen
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savis Maren on October 30th, 2018, 4:46 am

It wasn't of the mind of Savis Maren to issue apologies. She believed that giving ground to another - asking for forgiveness - was pure folly. Perhaps, in the moment of true atrocity, Savis might issue an apology out of spite. The Nuit listened to the Konti's reply, introducing herself with an earnest friendliness in her tone. It seemed that Teeryian Khohen was a bright, shining soul and the radiance struck Savis like a torch in the midst of darkness. Savis chuckled, the dulcet notes fleeing from her lips as the Konti again pushed against the attribution "child". The Nuit shrugged her shoulders, her lips parted before she answered the Konti's query with an introduction of her own.

"Strange woman would be rather... odd. Not entirely unsuited, but we can address each other with proper names, dear Teeryian. My name is Savis Maren," she introduced with an ease in her tone. The Nuit nodded in agreement once the Konti invited her about for festivities. Savis Maren emerged for the Moon Festival, intent on indulging herself in the sights and sounds of the city she'd come to know as her home. The principle Gods of the place, Syna, Leth, and Zintila were very much foreign entities to the Nuit, who knew them by name and reputation only. The idea of attending a play in honour of Leth appealed to the undead tremendously. Having someone to show her the way, attend with her... it was odd to think, but the Nuit enjoyed the idea of it all.

"Surya Plaza, hm? I've been once or twice in my walks along the city, but I've never found cause to linger," she answered quite honestly. Based on Teeryian's admissions, it seemed that this woman lived within Lhavit for, at the very least, most of her life. The idea of having a companion within the city, who knew the ins and outs of it, and moreso with a gentle heart... seemed perfect.

This Teeryian Khohen could, perhaps, be a useful asset if I draw back the teeth of unpleasantness... she mused within her thoughts. The Sight remained active within the Nuit's gaze. She watched the billowing smoke of her presence wax and wane as she seemed to gain confidence, growing, perhaps, more comfortable with her? Lhavit offered an easy smile, careful to keep her lips covering her blackened gums as she chose to withhold her nature for a time longer.

"I'd love to attend a play with you, Teeryian. The idea of learning more about Leth and the city itself... is lovely."

The smile widened just slightly before Savis covered her mouth and the two advanced through the city proper. The Nuit slowly allowed the Sight to flicker away from her senses, the billowing smoke rising into the air and withering into nothingness once djed seeped from her eyes. The Nuit's pace slowed for a moment as she collected herself. Once she was able to advance in earnest, she stepped quickly, holding her dress as she caught up to Teeryian in time for the question to sift through the air.

Flowers? she mused, a curiosity cast within her gaze as she listened to the Konti. More and more, the Konti's invitations and pleasant demeanor were pulling the Nuit in. More and more, Savis Maren came to truly like the Konti, whose immeasurably bubbly, pleasant personality was difficult to brush aside.

"I do like flowers! I often carry a perfume made from the flowers of the mountains... But a peony or two sounds lovely, Teeryian," she admitted. Little by little, Savis Maren felt the cold, harsh nature of her undeath brush aside. Little by little, Teeryian Khohen exposed the vestiges of her humanity, and the Nuit's smile was wide but carefully placed. She wondered to herself... should she be honest with Teeryian? The idea of lying to a woman like this struck her as odd and perhaps even unnecessary... but she couldn't know until she tested the waters.

Once Teeryian passed Savis the peonies, Savis let easy laughter brush past her lips. She placed both peonies into her hair, dipped into her dark tresses so that only the pink and blue petals were visible to the eye.

"A token of friendship, hmm? Do you truly wish to be friends with someone like me, Teeryian?" she mused aloud. Savis Maren decided that the honesty was better served for the moment. She took hold of Teeryian's hand and the Konti, if she allowed the contact, would immediately feel the frigid digits interlocking with her own. She stared intently at the Konti, her silver eyes brought to life as she asked,

"A... thing like me? I've misled you, my... friend. I'm not, as you might believe, a human," she told her. Savis Maren did not yet divulge everything, instead letting the slow revelation catch the Konti bit by bit. Perhaps, if she said it slowly, it might not bite as hard? There really was no way to know.

"Before we step into the Plaza and start this endeavor... I want you to tell me that we can truly be friends," she said. It was odd, for Savis Maren to seek approval from another, but Teeryian Khohen was a special soul. So pure, so bright, it was as if the darkness within Savis Maren's non-existent heart wished to flee from the very presence of such a lovely person.
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Teeryian Khohen on November 19th, 2018, 4:39 am

When Savis Maren stopped Teeryian and grabbed the Konti by the arm to talk to her. Savis Maren was asking a lot of disturbing questions, but the elated mind of Teeryian Khohen had a feeling that she just hasn't been around people much in her life. Hence the dark clothing. Some cultures might regard dark clothing as someone losing a family member, or something very dear to them. Maybe she lost something a long time ago? Or maybe wearing dark clothes might mean that she wants to hide something and she's afraid of showing what she's hiding, but Teeryian. She has nothing to hide, well... for the most part little to nothing to hide.

"For someone who wears dark clothing, talks pretty gloomy about themselves, I think we can make it work out Savis Maren. And if there's something you'd like to tell me, I'm all ears. No need to conceal your feelings under your dark appearance." She smiled and nodded in reassurance to the woman. She would wait a moment or two for Savis Maren to respond to her answer if it was adaquet enough. After those moments were up, Teeryian gently grabbed Savis' hand and led her into the plaza. "Hurry it's about to start!" Teeryian called behind her new acquaintance, that she could soon call a friend. Without a doubt.

A large wooden stage was moved in one end of the plaza leaving the rest of the plaza room for the audience to stand or sit and watch the puppet show that takes place here every year. "It's a puppet show, but different. They use a magic that manipulates objects... I think it can with people, but I can't remember the name." Teeryian explained to Savis Maren.

The Puppeteers portrayed Leth as a "Wild Beast" it was a really random beast, not yet defined, but it was beautiful. Because Leth was beautiful and everyone (almost everyone) adored Leth and his beauty as he kept careful and great watch over their precious moon. Dira walked onto the stage, the puppeteers in the back of the stage were using their hands to control each and every movment. Ut took precision and great mental strength. Together, Dira and Leth took on some great adventures. Defeating evil creatures, entrapping souls, and many imagined nights of moonlight. However, as time passes Dira whisked away out of Leths life so to speak and Leth fell in love with Syna. The Sun Goddess and the handmaiden of Kihala.

Kihala was the Goddess of Life. Tanroa entered onto the stage. He wanted someone appointed for the moon. Dira suggested that Leth could be that person and Tanroa gave him that domain. The Moon. And because he was given the moon, the moon was portrayed in a very large sphere with detailed designs, glorious lighting. Thus becoming the God if the Moon, and Tanroa asked him to keep watch over the night as well.

Tanroa and Leth traded duties over time. During the twilight hours of love between the Gods, a sudden darkness would settle upon the stage which gave the Gods their time to be with each other for one day of the year.

That was until the great cataclysm caused total disaster among Mizahar. Leth had taken a hit that was meant for Syna. They both retreated and Syna was looking after Leth and healing him. Eventually, the realm locations shifted and when the time comes the moon glows red to honor the heroism and the loss of Leth and Syna as their world's will be forever apart, but at the same time working together to keep the light flowing and the night rolling.

Teeryian had tears flowing down her cheeks. The story was forever one to not forget and to always cherish. The pain that Leth has suffered had costed Mizahar greatly during his time of suffering. Then Syna and Leth managed to bring back the sun and the moon. But when they meet times will be rarer than a perfectly cooked steak.

"That..." Teeryian began as the audience clapped and cheered. "That's the story of Leth." Teeryian wiped away a tear. "I'm a sucker for love." Teeryian chuckled. She wasn't crying due to sadness, it was tears of joy and she was very glad to see the show take place. "What did you think Savis?" Time has certainly passed by and it was getting late, but Teeryian could stay up for hours if she wanted to.

Teeryian Khohen
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savis Maren on November 19th, 2018, 12:06 pm

The misgivings the Nuit had were gone, and as she watched the subtle disregard she gave in her utter elation to move forward and enjoy the reverie. How Savis envied the free-spiritedness of her companion and she even allowed herself to fall into that eagerness with Teeryian. The Konti's answer was more than acceptable, and she nodded in agreement at the idea that she need not conceal her feelings. Of course, her pallid expression and cold, piercing eyes did the job well enough, even if she didn't want them to. When Teeryian reached out to grab Savis' hand, she followed.

How rare it was for the Nuit to let another take the lead! Perhaps she'd allow herself to loosen her grasp on the reins of her own path, after all, the ideas Teeryian had were, in truth, quite good. She offered a new citizen to the city a companion to a performance that the Nuit might have skipped otherwise. However, an opportunity to learn of Leth was eagerly taken once presented to her. Savis did her best to keep up with Teeryian, but her sluggish pace had her struggling against the Konti. She followed her through the plaza, and the both of them found a place in the growing audience.

Savis took a seat, shifting her dress in its place as she listened to the explanation offered by the Konti. A puppet show orchestrated with magic? Is it Projection? Animation? I wonder... she mused. Her question was left by the wayside, for the event began shortly after. The portrayal of Leth caught the nuit by surprised, for she'd always heard of the God as the lord of the Moon and of Thought and Reflection. Never did she expect to see him and his sister, Dira, go about on wild adventures slaying evil creatures together.

How ugly, she thought, imagining the creatures to be cold undead beings such as herself, persecuted mercilessly by Dira and her brother. The play went through its acts, moving towards the part of the legend that Mauriel referred to just a handful of nights before this one. The play's romance of Syna and Leth was glossed over, mentioned through a single, brief scene before it moved forward. Tanroa, the Goddess of Time was a majestically designed puppet, standing tall and yet preserving an enigma about her. She commanded the appointment of a being to signal the passage of time, and Dira suggested her brother for the role. The play went on to enact the Valterrian, and the horrific injury meant for Syna that Leth took instead. Fascinating, Savis leaned forward in her seat, her fingers worrying at the fabric near her knees.

The story was a harrowing one, and Savis found a measure of admiration set within her at the portrayal of Leth, his transformation, and the sacrifice he made for love. While Savis Maren wasn't capable of tears, she certainly was moved, and when the play ended she joined in the thunderous applause offered to the ventriloquists. She'd not seen an instance of magic that the Konti mentioned, but nonetheless the story was beautifully told. her thoughts whirling before she looked towards Teeryian. The Konti wiped a tear from her eye and Savis offered her a smile, nodding in understanding.

Of course she is. Such a shining beacon of light, this one is, she thought before her mind settled on formulating an answer to the question the Konti asked next. What did she think?

"It was... riveting. Before you brought me here, I knew these Gods only by name. The appointment of Leth as the Moon God. The lovers and Leth's sacrifice for Syna... Then the pair leaving Mizahar in darkness as Leth's injuries healed? I never imagined the history of our world like that," she answered. The Nuit was grateful for the chance to see it, and to know of one of the prized and cherished Gods within Lhavit, the progenitor of half of the Ethaefal race, and the celestial timekeeper of Mizahar.

It didn't occur to Savis that bells passed in the exploration of history. She'd been captivated by the portrayals, the performance one she'd remember and surely come to attend in the years she planned to keep this city as her home. Savis offered Teeryian a smile before she said,

"Thank you," a phrase the Nuit very scarcely allowed to escape her blackened lips.

WC: 735
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Teeryian Khohen on November 28th, 2018, 2:33 pm

"Oh you're certainly welcome!" Teeryian replied happily as she watched the performers pack up and the audience disperse to complete the rest of their daily activities during the Moon Festival. A place she has not yet thought about crossed her mind, and maybe because it is the night of Moon Festival, there might not be a lot of people there.

The Konti looked at Savis Maren and smiled to her. "Hey want to go somewhere, where it's quiet?" Teeryian asked cordially with her thumbs resting on the insides of her cloak pockets and hands hanging on the side of them facing flat towards her body. Her silver white locks glimmered against Leths Moonlight and shined during this time. It could almost be so blinding at the thought as well, but only to their figment of imagination. Teeryian really wanted to visit the library she figured that she could learn a new recipe or something for her Herbalism practice and teaching or explaining to Savis about Herbalism would probably be fun too. She's not much of a teacher, but she's willing to share some information to the woman as long as she's up for it.

"I was thinking of the library. There's some books on Herbalism that I might want to check out, do you like to read? What are your thoughts about Herbalism?" Teeryian said. "One of these days you can come to my house at the Okomo Estates and I can show you my garden?" Teeryian explained with a high sense of enthusiasm. She was merely excited to share her experiences with someone else. Someone who might want to learn some new things too. "Are you free during the winter? I wouldn't mind some help with my garden... As long as your up to the task?" If she was talking to much for Savis, Teeryian can't stop herself. She's like a machine designed to talk, because being social was one of her favorite things to be other than being a Konti.

She just wants to show her new friend around Lhavit and what better to show her a library if she doesn't feel like eating or drinking?

Teeryian Khohen
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savis Maren on November 29th, 2018, 9:32 am

Teeryian Khohen continued to fascinate the undead witch beyond measure. Never in the Nuit's unnaturally long life had she met a being so utterly vibrant with delight and happiness. Even in her time in Lhavit, people showed the weariness that the world thrust upon them. The people were happier in Lhavit than she'd seen anywhere else, but the contentness seemed to waft about Teeryian's presence to the point that the vestiges of happiness steeped into the Nuit's awareness. It was palpable on her expression but the extent of it was felt through her aura, which was so very near to the Nuit. She hardly meant to clue herself in on the readings on the Konti, but it seemed that she didn't need to.

Savis Maren did not pluck on the string of understanding, but instead allowed a heart chuckle to escape her lips as she studied Teeryian for a moment longer. Did she wish to follow the Konti onward? It seemed the other woman felt little of the pull of night's fatigue, and Savis did not often find a soul willing to accompany her within the library. It never hurt to delve deeper into subject matter, and Savis Maren at last allowed a nod to shift her features before she answered the Konti in earnest,

"Reading is one of the things I do to pass the time when the world around me falls into slumber," she admitted. The Nuit was growing to be a prolific author in her time within the city, as well. She'd purchased several notebooks, with between the two of them dozens of pages about her notes and observations created for reviewing purposes. The tomes were likely, someday, going to be filled with relevant information, rife with knowledge for new practitioners and old alike. But it was not yet that day.

When Teeryian asked next about going to her house to view her personal garden, she perhaps felt a brief flicker of interest. Of course, the Nuit knew little of flora, but saw it in droves within the mountain-city of Lhavit. The place, moreso than anywhere else in the world, was a feast for the senses, a delight to the visual sensibilities of the Nuit who'd known nothing but ugliness for more than eighty years of undeath.

"I have no thoughts about Herbalism, in truth. The study of flora is certainly useful, but I've been quite occupied with my own subject matter as to delve into extraneous subjects without reason. My work," she began, using the term for lack of a better one. "Requires much of me. Deepening one's understanding is trying for even mundane tasks, but these silver eyes hardly venture into the mundane," she added. There was a pull to magic for the Nuit, whose eternal lifespan and the very nature of her existence lent well to the investigation of the arcane. She didn't blurt out the words, not wanting to divulge all of herself to Teeryian Khohen just yet.

However, some measure of intrigue cast into her tones, and she stopped for just long enough to muse on the nature of her request. Was it worth it for the Nuit to accompany her on these ventures into gardening and the study of plant life? She didn't know. Winter was so very far in the future for the Nuit's considerations, but certainly with how she never slept there were enough bells in the day to accommodate Teeryian's gracious offer.

"The library is a perfect place to go, next. What sort of plants do you grow? What do you use them for?" she asked the Konti. Unlike Teeryian, Savis was lighter with her words, moving straight to the point of conversation. She was certainly curious. Was the girl a medic? A poisoner? A philterer? There were many reasons to garden outside of professional use, but it was those uses that intrigued Savis the most.

WC: 649
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next