[Flashback]Yellow Eyes (solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Flashback]Yellow Eyes (solo)

Postby Nina P Lily on February 13th, 2011, 6:12 am

This is my first solo, and I'm actually quite proud of it, consider this is the first thread I have ever done on my own, come up with the idea, or even start.
43 of Winter 509AV

My soft footsteps echoed through the night as I walked. The streets were mostly empty, only the occasional traveler or someone who had no where to go, like myself. The moon glistened off the dark water which rippled in the slight wind. I sighed, wondering where would be a good place to take shealter for the night, turning off into an empty alleyway and deciding to rest for a while. I removed my backpack and placed it on the ground to use as a pillow before laying on the ground myself. It wasn't the soft velvet I craved, but sadly, didn't feel I deserved. That thought alone brought tears I refused to cry to my eyes.

I caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of my eye. The fact that my world was blurred didn't quite help. I wiped the tears angrily from my eyes, telling myself to grow up. A new place, a new life. I can't be sitting around moping, I have to take it as a restart... Though even those come at a price, mine being my family... My home... I took a shakey breath, my thoughts not really pulling me out of my depression but getting the message across. It's a big world. Too big of one for someone to be holding your hand though the hardships and dangers.'

The movement came again, closer and with a soft padding sound. An animal maybe? My mind ran wild, filled with pictures of tigers, forest, sharks. Almost everything threatening, the next more deadly than the last and each image only lasting a second. The sound came again but this time I couldn't see the movement, which scared me. I used my legs to push me away, effectively causing me to slide a few inches before hitting a wall and cornering myself between said wall and a few large trash cans to my right that I had no intention of getting any closer to. The padding stopped and turned to hissing, probably because of the slight screeching sound my lightwieght armor had made from my failed attempt at escape.

"Hello?" I was greeted with more padding, growing louder and louder. I shut my eyes and curled into a ball, the last thing I saw was a pair or big, bright yellow eyes. I started rocking back and forth, the farthest thing from my mind the blowgun and poisoned needles in my backpack only a few meters away. Has Viratas himself come to claim my blood back? Has he decided that I was as worthless as my family has lead me to believe? I knew all blood came from Viratas and must one day return to him, but I never knew it would be so soon, and I wasn't ready, probably never would be. Tears filled my eyes once more, this time falling onto my cheeks, as I held my knees tighter against my chest. My sobbing grew louder, one of pure pain. It even surprised me by how pitiful it sounded, yet that dreadful pitter patter that mocked me didn't seem to care, just came closer, faster. It was running now, the sound echoed in my head, teasing me, causing me to want death to come faster, to be over with. Then I felt it... Then I screamed...
Within each Orange Lily, there is a hint of yellow, unknowing to the fact of wanting it to spread, so that it may begin to shine, as bright as the Sun ~Nina P. Lily
Nina P Lily
Confiding with a Shadow

Words: 7120
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2011, 3:19 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet