Travel Question.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Travel Question.

Postby Malkur on February 15th, 2011, 1:57 am

Lets say I wanted to travel from Ravok to Denval sometime in the near future.

The most logical path is from Ravok to Novallas to Spires to Denval.

Sadly, Novallas doesn't exist yet as far as I can tell. So, how would I deal with stopping there for supplies while at the same time having no place to actually post my stopping at?

Also, what do you think kind of time frame would that take? Rovak to Denval? A long time, no doubt.

I don't intend to do this RIGHT NOW, but it is a possible plan for my character so it would be good to know.
"It is easier to ask for forgiveness then it is permission."
Malkur
Player

Words: 8452
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2011, 2:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Travel Question.

Postby Jilitse on February 21st, 2011, 7:32 am

Hi Malkur, from what I know, Denval had been discovered by sea, and so entrance to the City would be through a port, otherwise you're scaling mountains. Try to send a message to Tabarnac, he's the DS of Denval, and would be better able to assist you. (I'll try to point this thread his way as well)

As for your travel woes, there are many ways to beat around the bush, one is to buy enough supplies for your journey (hence no stop overs, problem solved). Based on experience, assuming that a certain unopened place will accept travelers or could be a stop over for a journey is wrong... I have recently gotten a nudge from storyteller because I mentioned that we were heading towards an unopened city in my travels for a stopover (I just got away with it by saying I'm staying on the road).

My best bet, based from this map, from Ravok to Avanthal alone you need about two seasons of traveling and make sure it isn't winter. So maybe a Ravok-Avanthal-Denval route instead?

I just got word from Tabarnac that:

Tabarnac (whispers): He could travel by land to the Spires, but then he'd have to take a ship to Denval because it's hedged in by "impassable" rockfalls and debris.

So yeah, maybe choose to go to Avanthal and ride a ship to Denval.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)