Bumping into you (Zvi)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Sulavik on February 15th, 2011, 6:52 am

51 Winter, 510AV

This is boring, you are boring, life is boring, why am I here?

Sulavik had spent the morning wandering around Ravok, a task that he was quite pleased he had managed to do without being stabbed. Having woken up with a desire to see more of Ravok, rather than the skulking around he had done at Makil's insistance (lectures of You'll get stolen, you'll get eaten blah blah blah ran through his head almost constantly the past few days), he had dressed to go outside in the biting Ravokian winter. Of course, the problem with sharing your head with a nosy second soul meant that you could never hide anything from them.

You idiot! Why are you going outside? Didn't Murmur say you were a target?

YOU'RE the reason I haven't been outside. I'll go outside if I wanna go outside - and guess what?! I wanna.

Ignoring Makil, Sulavik had set off around the Docks. This had been the only place he had really ventured the past couple of days, and he had a desire to see more than the same old places he had been to. HE might as well get to know the city, seeing as he would be here a while. He still wasn't entirely sure why he had come to Ravok - the idea had simply came into his head and stuck there.

Sulavik had wandered through the Docks and finally out to the city beyond. He was walking along a street in what he had heard referred to as the 'Merchant's Ring' by two passing locals - and yes, he did listen to other people's conversations - when he literally ran headlong into someone quite a bit shorter than him. Grabbing onto their shoulders, attempting to hold them upright - he thought it best to not make any lasting enemies here (they wouldn't be lasting, as he'd be dead) - he beagn to apologise profusely. "Petch, my apologies. You alright?" He could only hope he didn't have any lasting retributions from this.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Zvi on February 16th, 2011, 5:34 am

He had done his very best to behave for the past few days and nights, even when his moods became short. He needed the sun. His Master had locked him up in the basement for three days after his last outburst, and he didn't want to experience it again. Was it so wrong of him to not want to sleep with customers? The shop wasn't a brothel, was it? He hated the way those men and women pawed at him, touched him like he was filth. He hated, too, how he truly felt like it when they had finished with him. Tainted. Unworthy of his sweet Goddess.

He felt unworthy now, and his head ducked down beneath the hood of his cloak as he walked. The fabric was drawn so that his features couldn't quite be seen. He wanted his time with Syna to be private. There was a place, a little alcove, where he would go and sit, alone, and watch her. But his time was precious. If he did not return within the hour, he knew he'd be sent for, and further punishment would follow. His walk was quick, and his head was bowed. He glanced up every now and then, attempting to make sure he didn't run into anyone.

He didn't have the best of luck.

He grunted as his body collided with that of the blue man. He stumbled back, only to feel strong hands take hold of his shoulders and pull him upright. His dusky eyes went wide, and his hood fell back, and his skin immediately took up a glorious, rosy glimmer, glistening in the sun. But as the hood fell, so too was his thick, leather collar bared. He inhaled sharply, almost grimacing, and reached up to the man's arms.

"Please," he whispered, "I'm fine...I..." He tried to pull himself free, and scrambled to draw up his hood. "You needn't...hold me so. I'm fine."
Zvi
I Am Falling Now

Words: 15430
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2011, 12:00 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Sulavik on February 17th, 2011, 2:05 am

Sulavik supposed any other person might be shocked at the copper glimmer, almost like a sheen on the man's skin. He supposed, even one might be shocked at the horns that protruded from the man's head. However, Sulavik was an Akalak. Strange physical characteristics was almost a given, being practically a giant, and blue to boot. What Sulavik was surprised about, however, was the thick leather collar that adorned the man's throat. A slave, he supposed. A slave, or a man with really strange fetishes.

You're ogling the man again. What is it with you and ogling?

Makil, I am NOT ogling. I am observing the differences between our physical characteristics. There is a difference.

I still say ogling.

Sulavik quickly let go when the man before him tugged on his arms, and begged with a hoarse voice to be let go. He was ever so willing to comply, but there was something about the strange man before him, so different, alien almost, yet with an endearing innocence, that Sulavik wanted to find out more about. He watched as the boy hastily scrambled to pull up his hood, and before he could stop himself, he blurted out his thoughts.

"Don't."

You idiot, if the man wants to put on his hood, let him put on his damn hood. Ignoring Makil, Sulavik hastened to explain himself. After all, he did not want to look like a crazy perveted giant. (Which you are.)

"It's just that, you're so different. And not in a bad way. I'm sorry if this is impertinent, but what are you?"
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Zvi on February 19th, 2011, 5:31 am

Zvi fidgeted, wanting to cover his head. He felt ridiculous, being looked at like he was some sort of freak. He didn't like being looked at like this, even if it was by someone who stuck out just as much as he did. His hood caught on one of his horns, and he sighed in irritation, wishing the man would just leave him be for a moment. His cheeks flushed and he let the fabric drop. He could put it up later. Perhaps if he cooperated with this man, he'd let him go sooner.

His hair was light in the winter, a pale, soft brown, but his horns had taken on the colors of evergreens, a deep, rich brown. His dusky eyes turned up to Sulavik's face, and he took a step back. His heart hammered in his chest. Why on earth did he want to look at him? The rosy hue to his pretty cheeks deepened, and he looked away, as if demurely.

"If you wish to...to look upon me, Sir, my Master keeps me in the shop window for that purpose. But I..."

He was cut off at the question. He did not know what Zvi was? His lips drew into a line, and he bowed his head to answer.

"I am Ethaefal, Sir. Fallen from the realms above." For a moment, he looked up from beneath thick lashes. "You have...never seen one of my brothers and sisters?"
Zvi
I Am Falling Now

Character sheet

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Sulavik on February 20th, 2011, 8:28 am

Sulavik suddenly felt bad for the younger man before him as he demurely let his hood drop, acquiescing instantly to what Sulavik was saying. His eyes looked down demurely, but he was clearly uncomfortable to be in such a situation. Sulavik released him and even took another step away from the man, just as he took as step away from Sulavik. Sulavik scrutinised the man, feeling guilty for doing so the entire time but still undeniably curious.

The boy was attractive, Sulavik would give him that, and he was certainly an enigma with the dusty brown hair and the even browner horns that protruded from his skull. Sulavik, or rather Makil, really wanted to reach out and feel what the horns were made of, but he had a feeling the kid would not take kindly to it.

The boy's response to Sul's request made his guilt sink even deeper. His master? Suddenly the collar and the humility of the boy, so uncommon in a young man, made startling sense. He was fragile and demure because if he was not, he would be punished.

The description of the boy's race was a strange one. He had heard of the Ethaefal, his uncle being a scholar maniac as he was, but he had never heard of one walking freely throughout the streets of the world. Though, from the boy's declaration of his 'master', he guessed it was not so freely. Sulavik smiled encouragingly at the boy when they locked eyes. "No, I have not seen any of your race before today. I am glad to finally see an Ethaefal, for I have heard much of their majestic nature and their beauty. It seems such statements are not entirely made up." Sulavik was not trying to flirt with the boy, merely to boost his evidently lacking confidence. His race may enlist Nakivaks, but he most certainly did not approve of slaves. The slaves Riverfall purchased were never treated as such, and were never treated as harshly as the boy before him had probably been in his lifetime on this realm, however short.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Zvi on February 27th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Zvi twisted his hands together, his eyes locked on his feet. There were many ways to view this current situation. The man was a potential customer, even though he wasn't human, and if word got back to his Master that he'd denied potential money, he'd never hear the end of it, and he couldn't abide the thought of being locked away in the basement again. He could feel Sulavik's eyes on him, but he did not protest. To do so was foolish. He knew this. What was he but a slave?

He hated this. Being property to another man when he ought to have his liberty. He had fallen from amongst celestial beings, and to linger here, subjected to the taint of those who had not yet reached divinity was devastating. He could not protest against what he now was. Fight was strangled out of him at the very first sign.

Those dusky eyes met Sulavik's, and he managed a soft smile. The sun seemed more radiant on his face than others, as though drawn there. He took what warmth he could from it, feeling his hunger for Syna's beams slowly sated. He flushed at the Akalak's words, bowing his head respectfully. "You speak too kindly, sir," he answered, his voice soft. His gut twisted, and he bit back the revulsion that came with the next statement. "If it pleases you, sir, my Master offers my...company for a small price." His voice trembled, and his fingers curled into fists. It was hardly pleasant for him to offer, but money was money.
Zvi
I Am Falling Now

Character sheet

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Sulavik on February 28th, 2011, 6:20 am

Sulavik almost retched as he saw just how uncomfortable the boy was. He stood before Sulavik, eyes down, hands twisting. The boy was an Ethaefal, having touched the divine, gentle and probably wiser than Sulavik would ever be, but there was something gentle about the boy that made him want to reach out and hug him. He seemed broken by the world and Sulavik wanted to fix that. Someone as sullied as he couldn't do that, though. A murderer could not free an Ethaefal.

Sulavik felt guilty when his eyes connected with the boy's, and he smiled a pure smile. Sulavik felt his lips curling upwards, gently, almost unwillingly. The kid was getting an impression that Sulavik was a nice person, but he couldn't pretend with someone so fragile. He'd find out soon enough that he had murdered his uncle viciously, and planned to do the same with his father, and there was no telling how the kid would react to that - but he was sure it wouldn't be good.
Dude, it's just a kid. You might not even see him again.

I want to see him again. He's a kid, yeah, but he's pure. More than we can say about ourselves, Makil. Don't you just want to help him?

Don't you want to help yourself?

Not when it comes to this kid.

Suck it up.

The boy spat out the word 'company', as if it was everything disgusting and foul in his life. Sulavik knew that word. He had heard some of the girls at work refer to 'company' in the exact same tone, and though the Ethaefal was attractive, Sulavik would never take his company from him like his was taken from himself. Sulavik knew the word, knew how it applied to others, and though he willingly (well, kind of) entered into the service himself, he knew that 'company' too. Knowing what the boy had gone through, he finally had something to say of substance. "Kid. My company is for sale too. I know how you feel, and I wouldn't take yours from you."

Why must you tell him that? Idiot.

Because it matters, Makil. And because it could help the kid.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Zvi on March 24th, 2011, 11:51 pm

Zvi didn't want to linger. In fact, he was doing his best to savor the sun while he was standing here. His dusky eyes studied Sulavik, wondering how he had come to be in this situation. Zvi's own capture had been a violent one, painful and harsh. It lingered with him, still, no matter how hard he tried to pretend otherwise. He drew his lips into a line and bowed his head. If this man was forced to do similar things, perhaps...

After a moment, he lifted his eyes, and uttering a soft sigh, glanced in the direction he had intended to walk. "Would you like to join me?" He asked in little more than a whisper. "I...I only have a little while, and I must...use it as much as I can." He needed this time in the sun. If his Master locked him away again, he would be devoid of Syna for too long, and even the thought was unbearable. What little sun he got during the day was precious to him.

"Do you mind if I...if I put my hood back up? I don't like the way people look at me." His looks were exotic, after all, and they tended to draw more attention than he liked to have.
Zvi
I Am Falling Now

Character sheet

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Sulavik on March 28th, 2011, 11:04 am

Sulavik was more than a little shocked when the Ethaefal asked him to join him with a breathy sigh. It seemed strange that such a beautiful creature could want a murderer to join him on his daily walk - though it was not like he could know what Sulavik had done. But it seemed odd that a creature who had touched the divine, who had ascended past what any mortal had and returned, would want to spend time with Sulavik. He supposed he had always thought they would automatically know, like he had it written in ink across his face.

He smiled gently at the boy, nodding. "I would love to join you." Makil was disapproving, as he so often was. He simply could not understand this gentleness that had been awoken inside of Sulavik. It was like Sulavik simply wanted to hug the Ethaefal and never let go. Sulavik gestured, as if telling him to lead the way and Sulavik would follow.

Sulavik shook his head at the boy's request, understanding precisely what he meant. "By all means, put your hood up. I understand the dislike of staring, too. My skin is blue, after all." Sulavik too hated the stares he got. Perhaps he should invest in a hood. He dismissed the thought almost instantly; he knew Makil would likely get irritated with it.

Sulavik took a couple of steps in the direction the boy had glanced in, walking slowly in the assumption the Ethaefal would hurry to meet up with him. "You coming, ...." He trailed off, realising he did not know the Ethaefal's name yet. "I'm Sulavik..." He did not press him further. If he wanted to offer up his name, he could do so. Sulavik was not going to pressure someone who already had an insane amount of pressure on him in other aspects of life. He may not be too comfortable telling a complete stranger his name. He probably didn't do that too often - Sulavik never told his clients his name.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Bumping into you (Zvi)

Postby Zvi on April 9th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Zvi's heart ached for Syna. He did not care with whom he associated on the face of the earth, as he felt himself as low as any of them. It wasn't true, of course, but what else was a creature to think, having been ripped from purity to find himself thrust into the filth of slavery. He didn't like thinking about what he was compelled to do. As such, he often pretended—or attempted to pretend—that it hadn't happened. It was better to live in denial of what he was forced to be than to accept it as reality. He held, in a deep, secret place in his heart, the hope that he might one day find a savior from his predicament.

He thought, too, that it might be nice to have company, especially since it appeared that the Akalak knew what it was that he was going through. He managed a small, soft smile, and bowed his head. Perhaps, then, there would be someone to talk to. He wasn't sure what he had to talk about; perhaps Sulavik would have answers to questions he had. There was so much that he did not understand.

“Thank you,” he offered quietly to Sulavik's acceptance of his request. He drew the hood up over his head, so that only his glistening face, nose and full lips, peered out past the brim of the hood. He smiled again, and turned, as if to go. “I spend all of my time sitting in a window, where people may look at me as it pleases them. I...cherish the moments in which I might hide my face.”

Zvi followed after Sulavik. His dusky eyes rose to meet the Akalak's face, and he smiled again. A name was given, and he politely bowed his head. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Sulavik,” he informed genuinely. He hesitated, though, in giving his own name. What if Sulavik wasn't really as understanding as he claimed to be? But he thought better of it. There was no lie in the man's face. “My name is Zvi,” he informed. He had named himself for the stag in the sky. He walked in the direction of the alcove, expecting Sulavik to keep pace. “Your name is beautiful, Sulavik,” he informed. “Does it mean something special?”
Zvi
I Am Falling Now

Character sheet

Next