New Things (Amon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

New Things (Amon)

Postby Sade on February 17th, 2011, 8:25 am

76th Winter 510AV

Sade was sitting on her brother's bed in the Eagle Aeries. She had her kit resting on her lap, with strips of a dark teak wood on the floor beside her. They were extremely long, each of them, two meters in length. She had several selections, all smooth and with a slight curvature. Each were varying shades of teak. Amon would surely be picky about exactly what colour he wanted,and so to prevent any sibling arguments, she had brought him a selection. She had her knife already out, ready to shape whichever piece of wood he chose. Sade was tapping it against her wrist with the flat of the blade, not quite realising the potential dangers that could come from that situation. Oh well. She was a bowyer, her hands were riddled with scars where she had slipped before. Another would be no drama.

"You really are an idiot, sometimes, brother dear," she spoke mildly, a laugh under pinning her words. "Who throws their bow against a wall? What were you so angry about? I made that bow too, Amon. You could at least be a bit more careful. Then you wouldn't need another." Sade looked over to her brother, who was standing in the room, leaning against the wall. He looked moody, as he did so much lately. "Come and choose a piece you like. I refuse to be doing all the work here, just because you're a moody loser." She grinned cheekily at him. The man really did mope sometimes, and it was annoying her. But no, she was being a caring considerate sister and not saying anything. If he kept it up though, he couldn't expect her to keep silent. She missed the old, playful Amon.
Sade
Player

Words: 15735
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 9:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

New Things (Amon)

Postby Amon on February 21st, 2011, 9:00 am

Amon had a lot on his mind. He had been getting better the one chance he had reunited with Chemar, but not several days after the intimate appointment consisting of delving into the deepest corners of his mind did he get into a fight so vicious it left him without sight in one eye. Now his once striking golden iris was covered with fresh bandages that wrapped around his forehead and over his right eye. It had been difficult, as well, overcoming the fact that he was now essentially crippled. No longer was he able to use his complete peripheral vision so another abrupt fight could prove fatal. Luckily, however, his effectiveness with his bow had hardly been hindered, therefore his responsibilities would still be met headlong.

His anger, however, had not subsided. This time the victim was his bow. Amon hadn’t meant to break it, but the weapon had weakened over the years he’s used it, as old as it was, and he knew the time came when the strain would snap the body. Luckily, Sade was there to replace it, with her usual devious self.

“Well, let’s look at the reasons, shall we, Sade, love?” Amon retorted, moving over to a bowl filled with clean water to splash his cheeks with the cold liquid. He wiped his face down with a small towel. “I got into a fight to save your ass from a horny petch. I lose an eye. Shall I restate it? I can’t see in my right field of vision. I’m crippled, I can’t see. I’m blind. The list goes on. Is not your dear brother allowed to be angry?”

Regardless of his own subtle teasing he sat down beside his sister on the bed, scrutinizing the wood she laid out. “I’m drawn to this hard maple. A buffalo horn would go good with this. Or maybe the horn of that rare creature from the Misty Peaks. Okomos were they called?” He winked slyly at his sister, “A mighty gift so I can bring us honor once more.”
Amon
Team One-Eye

Words: 68449
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New Things (Amon)

Postby Sade on February 23rd, 2011, 7:49 am

She rolled her eyes as he listed off every single little thing that was wrong with him. The biggest complaint he had was about the loss of his eye. Now, it was not that Sade thought he was complaining. She did indeed understand just how difficult it must be for him. Losing an eye was something Sade could not even contemplate, the sheer pain, and then the disbelief - and then having to adjust. It was difficult and she knew that. She was also extremely grateful, not that he had lost an eye, but that he had stepped in. She still shuddered to think what might have happened if he hadn't.

"Amon, you are such a drama queen. You're blind, yes. In one eye. You have another perfectly good one. Move on and shut the petch up." She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek quickly, to show him she wasn't being completely serious. She just thought that if he focused on something else, if the pain and his recently acquired disability did not occupy his every thought, he might get used to it quicker.

Sade picked up the piece of wood he indicated, shrugging. Probably not the colour she would have chosen, but Amon was stubborn as she. If she expressed her dislike of it, it would just make him all the more focused on it. She picked it up and scrutinised it closely, looking at the wood with a talented eye. Good. No bumps or knots in the wood, and there was a slight curve to the material. She flicked out her fletching knife, running a finger lightly across the blade - feeling the sharp metal but not pressing hard enough to cut her finger open. Putting the blade to wood, she started shaving off the wood at the center. She needed it to be smooth, sturdy and thick. She scraped away as she spoke. "Honor is all well and good, Amon, but an okomo horn is just showy and pretentious."
Sade
Player

Words: 15735
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 9:22 am
Character sheet