Aeli

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Aeli

Postby Aeli on February 22nd, 2011, 5:55 am

I embrace my desire to
Feel the rhythm, to feel connected
Enough to step aside and weep like a widow;
To feel inspired, to fathom the power,
To witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
To swing on the spiral
Of our divinity and still be alive.

With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself
Between the sounds, and open wide to suck it in,
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end, and may just go where no one's been.

Race: Konti.
Height: 5'3
Weight: 120 lbs.

Like all Konti, Aeli has a very small frame and seems quite fragile. She appears to be about sixteen, and maintains a reserved demeanor. Her eyes are mostly a vivid cerulean, but have flecks of violet that become brighter in the sunlight. She has a thin, longish face framed by long white hair that drops down to her waist. She has an average-sized frame but is fairly curvy. Her scales are small and delicate, and wind swirl patterns from the tops of her hands and feet, winding up her arms and legs and swooping across her torso. There are none on her face but they do make a rim around her neck, almost like a necklace. They're silvery blue-violet in color, the intensity depends on how the sun is hitting them. She keeps herself clean and taken care of.

Her clothes are always very colorful, and she prefers dresses and things that are long and flowing. She is always wearing black riding boots for travel, even if they don't quite go with her outfit.

INFP Personality Type.

Aeli is a complicated being. Although altruistic and deeply compassionate, she has trouble opening up to people and sharing herself with them emotionally. When she was younger she was very reserved and sheltered, and didn't have very many friends. She avoided large crowds and people altogether if she could help it. Now that she has left Mura, she is starting to get used to and even like interacting with others, she feels as though she missed out in her youth. This is partly why she left Mura in the first place, aside from her cravings for adventure.

One of her favorite activities is taking psychedelics. Being an introvert, she loves to explore the vastness of her mind and be enlightened to universal truths. She doesn't drink, but if she gets her hands on a hallucinogen she will take it. She also loves to meditate and read. Being the calm person that she is, she hates arguments and confrontation and would rather solve a conflict than become a part of the problem. She generally likes everybody and is very docile in nature, maintaining her open-minded acceptance of people regardless where they come from.

Her favorite thing to do is entertain through music. She has a purple violin that her mother created and taught her to play from a young age, and she's had it since. It doesn't make her too much money on the streets, but she affords food for herself and Oledrennis. She isn't too sure what she wants to do with her life yet, but she loves to explore and, having a Dryka father, she loves horses.

Pre-Creation -
Aeli had a sheltered upbringing. Her mother was gifted with the ability to sense how and when people will die, which left her in a severely depressed emotional state. This was exacerbated when she fell in love with Aeli's father, and he refused to settle with her and marry. Because of this, she knows very little about her father other than the fact that he was a Drydek. Aeli's mother was slowly going insane, although she denied it vehemently. The last year has been the absolute worst. Growing up, she was mostly taken care of and taught by her aunt, but was forbidden to leave the house most of the time. Many women knew of her mother's condition and thought her a very strange child. She never got the social interaction she needed or made any real friends. She became very distrusting of people because of the things her mother had told her of them and disconnects from those who try to get close to her. After twenty long years, Aeli couldn't handle it anymore and left Mura to start her life as an adventurer.

Post Creation -
Unavailable.

Skill Points
Play Musical Instrument (Violin): 15/100
Riding: 10/100
Rhetoric: 10/100
Meditation: 10/100
Medicine: 10/100
Astronomy: 5/100

Lore
Care of string instruments.

Gnosis
Sensing the intentions and desires of others.

-Violin. (Family Heirloom.)
-One set of clothing.
-One waterskin.
-One backpack.
-One set of toiletries.
-Food for a week.
-One eating knife.
-Flint and steel.
-One four-person tent.
-One large tarp.
-100 ft of rope.
-Lantern.
-Two torches.
-Bedroll.
-Blanket.
-Fishing tackle and hooks.
-Tack.
-Saddlebags.

Sex: Stallion.
Breed: Gilding.
Size: 14'5hh.
Acquired: Starting package.
Personality: Oledrennis is a typical Gilding troublemaker, and his three short years have done nothing to calm him. He is very loyal to Aeli, as she has taken care of him since he was a young colt and tends to pamper him. He enjoys pranking complete strangers and has little regard for their feelings on the matter. When Aeli gains more Riding skill he will be trained in dressage.

100 gold mizas.

8th of Spring, 511: The Gaping Maw.
Aeli and Oledrennis find themselves at the gate to Alvadas, ready to begin their adventure.
Complete.

9th of Spring, 511: Bathing in the Streets.
Aeli and Oledrennis meet Dlight on their first day in Alvadas. Hilarity ensues.
Ongoing.
Last edited by Aeli on March 11th, 2011, 6:39 am, edited 17 times in total.
Aeli
Step into my looking glass.

Words: 14577
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2011, 2:44 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Aeli [Work in progress - 50%]

Postby Aeli on February 23rd, 2011, 12:13 am

An interview.

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Aeli.

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Not really, my name is short enough.

3. How old are you?
I am twenty years old.

4. What is your height?
5'3.

5. What is your weight?
120 pounds.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I have a thin, longish face framed by long white hair that drops down to my waist.. Of course my skin is nearly white since I am Konti, and my eyes are a dark cerulean color with violet in the mix. I have an average-size frame but am fairly curvy. My scales are small and delicate, and wind swirl patterns from the tops of my hands and feet, winding up my arms and legs and swooping across my torso. There are none on my face but they do make a rim around my neck, almost like a necklace. They're silvery blue-violet in color, the intensity depends on how the sun is hitting them. I keep myself tidy and taken care of.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Others see me as quite inhuman. They are sometimes taken aback at how bleached I look, especially if they aren't from around the White Isle. I am very obviously Konti.

3. What is your favorite body feature?
My favorite body feature is my scales. I adore the colors and I like to watch them gleam while I swim.

4. How physically fit are you?
I am more of a lover than a fighter. I am not incredibly strong, but I keep myself in shape. My fighting style uses the enemy's weight against them to lay them flat on their back rather than a full-offensive approach. I would rather disable them and flee than cause them harm or death, so I don't focus on my muscles so much.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
I like dresses a lot. Anything long and flowy and colorful suits me fine. I like things that are out of the ordinary, that you wouldn't typically see people wearing. I am very mistrusting of people so I tend to keep my clothes less revealing.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
Well, my father is a Dryka, which probably explains my deep love for horses. Although I never met him, my mother says he is a tall, strong wanderer. I would much like to meet him one day, but the road would be very dangerous, indeed. My mother hasn't told me anything more about him; she was heartbroken when he refused to settle with her. My mother is a very intelligent, persuasive woman and a ruthless salesperson. She has love but she is often very bitter since the end of her relationship with my father. I feel sorry for her, but she lets her emotions get in the way.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
No, I'm an only child.

3. What is your extended family like?
Very loving and accepting. I grew up living with them all, and it was rough sometimes, but I learned a lot and they are all very wonderful women.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
I don't really have any close friends. It's very difficult for me to get close to people, I'm very mistrusting. My family is very, very important to me.

5. Do you treat animals like family?
Yes! I can feel their intentions just as I can with any other creature. Animals are so wonderful and strange, they deserve to be treated with the same respect that people do.

Mura, of course.

2. Where do you live now?
Wherever the road takes me. I am looking for traveling companions so that I might be able to travel through more dangerous territory.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Abura, but unfortunately I do not have wings so I couldn't experience it fully.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
No place in particular, but I love the water.

5. Where do you fear to be?
The desert. It is such a dry wastelandish place.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
Fortunately I am healthy as of right now. I am young and I was a sheltered child so I never got into too much trouble.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Left-handed.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
Kontinese and Common, although my Common has a pretty fair accent to it. My voice is soft and quiet, most find it to be rather soothing.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I meditate a lot, and I also stop to think before I speak, which gets on the nerves of some faster-paced people. I am a logical thinker and I require a lot of evidence before I'll believe something to be true.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)?
I do enjoy tattoos and piercings, but I have none yet as I would rather save my money.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
I am a musician, although it's not very profitable. I am working on becoming a traveling saleswoman, although it requires quite an investment.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I love my work! I wouldn't do something that I didn't enjoy doing. The money just isn't that important to me.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
A planet. =]

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
I most admire artists and architects. What they do is so very beautiful and it requires so much talent.

5. What occupation do you least like? Why?
Thieves. It shouldn't even be considered an occupation.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
I was very quiet and reserved. I was a shy child and I didn't talk to very many people. I've grown out of that, though.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
My favorite childhood memory is swimming with wild seahorses. I didn't have many friends at all, and I always felt more at home with animals.

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
My worst memory is my mother being emotionally unstable. It's not really one memory, but that was by far the worst part of my upbringing. It's hard to watch someone you love being in pain.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
I had an okay relationship with my mom, but she was pretty closed off most of the time and I think I get that from her. I don't know my father.

5. Who was your most influential role model?
My most influential role model is my aunt. She saw the state my mother was in and took care of me herself when my mother was unable. She taught me to think logically and to analyze everything. I am a fair, just, intelligent person thanks to her.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
Nothing formal. I am well-versed in people because I've always been the silent observer. I like watching their behavior. I can sense their desires and intentions so it's very easy for me to persuade them. I am also good with astronomy, I like learning about stars and constellations.

2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I absolutely love learning. I like to travel because I want to learn as much as I possibly can.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
Through personal experience, my mother, and my aunt.

4. How do you learn best?
I learn best by doing. I find it hard to believe people when they tell me something, I like to go out and make sure for myself.

5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I just want to learn as much as I can about everything. I'd like to become a well-rounded person.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
No, absolutely not. I think a lot of it has to do with my mother. Some people say she is insane... but I don't think so. A lot of my time growing up was spent taking care of her and she always taught me never to trust people, especially if they say they love me, unless they're family members.

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
No, for the reason listed above.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
I consider myself pansexual because I am physically attracted to everyone. I tend to lean more toward women aesthetically, but I think that's because of my upbringing. I've never had any romantic experience though, as I have just left the White Isle.

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Nope, never.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
I haven't had sex yet, either.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
Yes, I didn't like it at all. It makes me feel sick and I trip and fall all over the place.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
Nope, I think it's gross.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
None.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
I love anything that causes me to hallucinate or have visuals. Mind-expanding psychedelics are my absolute favorite, and I'll take them any time I can get my hands on them.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
I think that drugs are okay, as long as they don't take over your life or harm your body. I don't like alcohol at all, it makes people stupid.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
Playing music, meditating, riding, people watching.

2. Do you like to read?
Yes, I love to read. It allows me to learn and explore a whole different universe.

3. What annoys you more than anything else?
People who are willfully ignorant.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Meditate or sing.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
It's very hard to embarrass me, although I am quite shy about my body.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
I love every single color there is. I come from a place of pure white, so it's nice to look at things that are colorful.

2. What is your favorite time of day?
I like the nighttime, when it's warm and calm.

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
The most beautiful thing I've ever seen is a Cyphrus Strider running at sunset.

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I love to eat fish and any other type of meat.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
I love clear warm nights that allow me to see the sky, but thunderstorms and heavy rain are so amazing to be a part of. I am afraid of tornados, however.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
I am a realist, but I am very positive so I tend to lean more toward the optimistic side.

2. What are your religious views?
As most Konti, I am a follower of Avalis and Laviku. I hold a slight bit of resentment toward Avalis, however, because it is her gift to my mother that has caused her to go slowly insane. No one needs to forsee death.

3. Would you be able to kill?
Only if I couldn't get away and my life absolutely depended on it.

4. What are your views on sex?
It's a part of life, I don't mind it. I've never experienced it, though.

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Being happy and fulfilled.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
The best thing I have ever done was to save Oledrennis. His mother died birthing him and I weaned him until he was healthy. The worst thing I have ever done was leave my mother at home for her sister to take care of her; I feel that she was my burden to bear, but I just had to get out of there.

2. What is your greatest regret?
I regret not pushing my mother to tell me where my father is. I would dearly like to meet him.

3. What is your best/worst memory?
I believe I mentioned those above.

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
I would change my mother's mental health. Maybe I would have come out more normal had she been happier.

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
I am most proud of gathering the courage to leave home.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
Very honest, when I do state my opinion. I have no reason to lie.

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I am very open-minded, so no.

3. What makes you happy?
Psychedelics, making music, making other people happy.

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
If I ever fall in love I would die for them, I imagine. I would die if it meant saving good people.

5. What makes you angry?
People who are evil and angry and treat others poorly.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
With respect and dignity. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly.

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
The most important person in my life is myself. I'm the only one who won't let me down.

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
The person I respect the most is my aunt, for taking care of my mother and I and asking nothing in return.

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
I never have. I'm not sure exactly what I want in a lover, but I would imagine they would have to be attractive to me, very sweet, caring, and positive. They'd have to be willing to adventure with me.

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
No, I don't. I've learned that I'm the only one who should be trusted to take care of myself, although I know Oledrennis would protect me if it came down to it.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I like to resolve conflicts. I don't really argue and I avoid confrontation whenever possible.

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I am getting better at being a good leader, as I'm breaking out of my timid shell.

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
I'm getting used to it. I actually rather like it now, it's kind of thrilling after having such a quiet childhood.

4. Do you care what others think of you?
Not in the least.

5. What do you think of others, in general?
I like them, but I don't trust them at all and I keep my distance emotionally.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
My greatest strength is my compassion. I care deeply about everyone and everything... I guess that could also be considered a weakness, especially since I don't like to let people get close to me.

2. What is your greatest weakness?
My greatest weakness is my distrust of people. I push them far away because I fear getting hurt or betrayed and turning out like my mother.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would change my race. Sometimes, it is just better not to know things.

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
I am generally introverted.

5. Are you generally organized or messy?
I tend to be very organized.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
Laviku. He has given me my beautiful scales and the power to experience the world beneath the water's surface.

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
I do not fear them, per-se, but I don't trust them.

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
No, but I have the Avalis' gift.

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
It depends on whom. They gave me life, so I would go a considerable way to please them, especially if they required me for something important. I do not turn my back on people.

5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
Too much would be giving my life for a silly cause.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
I absolutely live for learning and exploration. I love to experience the world.

2. What is the best part of life?
The best part of life is the mystery of it all.

3. What is the best part of death?
The best part of death is reincarnation.

4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
I would want to die in the ocean reef.

5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
I would want to be remembered for contributing knowledge to the world.
Aeli
Step into my looking glass.

Words: 14577
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2011, 2:44 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet