Looking for Something Pretty (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Nisana Curare on February 22nd, 2011, 4:54 pm

Season of Winter, Day 15, 510 AV

Walking along the streets of Riverfall Nisana had a faint hint of a smile on her lips, but she was not feeling as pleasant as she was appearing. She knew that a Harvest was not an easy task, her Mother had told her as much many times, but she had not expected so little luck to befall her. The only woman of any interest she had found so far was Iredeth, and not only was the woman a half blood, but she had turned out to be Nisana’s sister. Even had they not been related Nisana would not stoop to bringing back a half blood surrogate on her first Harvest.

So she was searching the city for someone else. Even without the looks she occasionally got she knew that others did not trust the Symenestra, and so she was trying to appear pleasant and friendly. She had even contemplated not wearing her armor, but with the many brutish, musclebound giants that populated the city she did not feel comfortable without the protection the black shells gave her.

Pausing for a moment at an intersection of streets she moved to the side and let her amethyst eyes wander over the people passing by. Maybe a little patience was needed to find someone of interest? It did work sometimes while hunting. It certainly would not hurt at least. So she watched the crowd, looking for someone who was pretty enough to provide Serena with a child.
"Moz seh krevas dav'ene obris zhevat."

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare
Alt of Alenias, Proud Huntress

Words: 74590
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Brian Gregoric on February 26th, 2011, 5:59 pm

The day had started ordinarily, and was passing really slow. Not often could Brian say he was bored, but that time it was more than appropriate.
He was taking a long hike through Riverfall, hoping to catch a few worthy moments of glee, but nothing. Nothing at all. Slight waste of time.

Then he saw her. A beautiful female Symenestra, standing just a few feet away from him, gazing around.

There was something about her... Brian couldn't explain it, but he did see something unusual about her. For a start, she was alone. And she was standing still, in the middle of the crowd. For a moment there, he thought it was merely a withdraw, from that condemned Papaver Somniferum, but when he saw others traversing her, he realized she was actually real.

He made a few steps forward, and put his hand out towards the belle.
"Well, hi there." He said, still keeping his hand in front, waiting and offering a handshake, with an overpowering grin on his pale face.
Brian Gregoric
What if I say I'm not like the others?

Words: 13879
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on March 5th, 2011, 10:00 am

Out of the corner of her eye Nisana noticed a figure, and for a moment she hoped that perhaps good luck had found her. When she turned to look at the slight and pale figure though she realized that it was just a man. Among the Akalak he certainly seemed feminine at least, but such a thing wouldn't help her. Before she could return to her search though the man approached her and offered his hand and a greeting.

For a moment she contemplated ignoring him, she had a sacred duty to uphold after all, but she quickly decided against the idea. Even if this man could not be a target he could be useful, and it would not do to have him spread around that she had been rude and distant.

Returning the man's grin with a pleasant smile she took his hand and gave it a friendly shake, "Hello to you as well. Is there something I do for you?"

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Brian Gregoric on March 5th, 2011, 3:10 pm

The pretty Symenestra replied with a smile. A lot more that he had expected, for he gained a feeling she might be hostile, during the few seconds of silence before she spoke. But she wasn't, as it appeared at that moment.

"I apologize for this sudden interruption, but I couldn't help noticing your unusual presence. This is a small place, you know, and a beautiful Symenestra such as you, standing alone and glaring at the crowd is quite a strange sight."
He started small-talking, to break the ice, and start some conversation with the stranger.

"By the way, the name is Brian."
He added, with a playful grin on his face.
Brian wasn't sure whether he seemed friendly or weird to Symenestra, but it was too late to walk away. After all, he was Brian, the one who never felt the fear of rejection, nor failure.
He blinked a few times, biting his bottom lip, still holding stranger's hand.
Brian Gregoric
What if I say I'm not like the others?

Words: 13879
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on March 8th, 2011, 6:28 pm

The man's response caused Nisana to blink in surprise. Not because he called her beautiful, that was something she knew well already, but because he said she had been glaring. She most certainly had not! The desire to snap at the man and correct him was strong, but Nisana settled with just a slight twitch of her lip. Should would not be riled up so easily.

"I am Nisana," she said while still maintaining her smile, despite Brian's continued insistance in holding her hand, "I did not realize I was glaring though. I can't imagine why it would seem so, for all I was doing was watching everyone go by. You see, I am traveling the world to learn more of it, and Riverfall is the first place I have journeyed to."

She wanted nothing more than this man to leave quickly, but she was getting the feeling that he would not. So she would simply bide her time and wait until she could find a way to politely excuse herself. No matter how strange he might be she would not risk tarnishing her reputation so early into her Harvest.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet