Fabell's Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Fabell's Plotnotes

Postby Fabell on October 5th, 2019, 6:44 am

Introductory post to plotnotes for Fabell.

Will be more agreeably designed in the future once I have more here.
Fabell
For in true love music doth sweetly dwell

Words: 11145
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2019, 9:13 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Fabell's Plotnotes

Postby Fabell on October 5th, 2019, 6:46 am

CHARACTER DEMOGRAPHICS AND FAMILY
1. What is your name? My name is Fabel, or Fabil, or alternately Fabell (although my mother often called me Fabi when I was a child). In our tongue, my name means "falling rain", which when you think about it, is quite funny (my grandmother named me - she says it has something to do with where I was born, but she won't say anything more about this). My father's name is Asan, and my mother's tribe is the Selban. She never married into my father's tribe, and I don't blame her. So my full name would be Fabell Asan Selban.

2. How old are you? Normally at my age in my tribe, I would be at the age to be selected for a bride, but my mother persisted to the others for me to remain alone for now until I can complete my training. Personally, I don't have any intention of being married soon, as I don't intend to return home soon. My mother strictly told me I was to come back when I was ready, and I am in no rush. If anything, I wish to outdo her, if such a thing is possible.

3. Where were you born? In the eye of the Eyktol, near the dunes of my grandmothers, as my mother so aptly tells me often. Although she has never taken me there, and refuses to speak of the matter to others in our tribe. I have wisely kept myself from asking too many questions, but I believe she wasn't with the tribe when it did happen, and I don't believe my father was aware of my birth, so it must have been quite traumatic for my mother to never speak of it with much detail.

4. What did your father and mother do for a living? My father... I do not know him well. I believe he is a smith of some renown for the Beldra tribe, but we do not often meet them during the traveling of the spokes. I can count on one hand the number times we have spent any significant amount of time together, and during that time he sought to be a teacher for me in the arts of war, although to be honest his brash nature and fiery temper were not agreeable to my own. I did on one occasion happen to see the works of his hands, and they were quite beautiful, if the story of the flute my mother gave me for my travels is any indication of my father's gift in bending metal. My mother, on the other hand, well, we served the tribe our whole lives. Not so well off, but never starving or in need of anything. My mother's family has carried on a tradition from her ancestors of telling stories, and so we were well taken care of, and my mother's suitors also often served us well. She never revealed to me the secrets of our family's sustenance however, preferring me to stick to my studies.

5. Were you well off? Middle class? Impoverished? As I said, we were fed among the tribe as others in the tribe who also served the tribe. My mother's job was to not only entertain but also to remind others of where they came from, and she passed this to me, her only child. My mother and grandmother, they are very strong women and care for their own with a fierce devotion and love. If ever our family were hungry, we were not for long.

6. Do you have siblings? If so, what are their names and ages? I am my mother's only child, although she did tell me my father Asan has many children as well as several wives. I have never met any of them, and don't desire to, given how he is more a stranger to us than anything. He could have married into my mother's family as he was of the right age to then, but I believe he was too proud and did not want to live only with one woman. That is just my opinion though, as I have never discussed this matter with him. I believe his children are as boorish and uncultured as he is. Perhaps we would be good friends, although I don't believe they would support my own disposition.

7. Where do you fall in the birth order? The oldest, youngest? I am the eldest of all the children, born first among the dunes. My mother never chose to marry or have more children. I believe she is still in love with Asan, although I haven't a clue why, as she has had many suitors and even more couplings over the years and has never considered them his equal. Perhaps she considers herself an informal wife of his; I love my mother, but her fortitude and strength are not only in body but also mind, and I believe there is a dark side to them that inflicts loneliness upon herself in uncertain ways. Although to be honest, I have not found any of her suitors to be worthy of her skill or heart.

8. Which one of you is your mother’s favorite? Perhaps the only one loved more than me would be Jaln (he is my mother's oryx), although over the years he has become quite lazy and a little fat. My mother spoils him, sneaking in handfuls of opal berries when the other oryx have finished their meals. She also whispers secrets to him that she refuses to even tell grandmother or myself, and sometimes I wake in the morning to find her riding him far off near the edge of the dunewall, her hair undone unceremoniously, which I have never seen unless she were sleeping.

9. Why? I have asked myself that same question many times. She forbids me from riding Jaln. To be quite honest, I have not found a single oryx I have been comfortable with, not like the others of my tribe, a great shame they all put on me (I do not care though, I am happy with my legs when possible). Perhaps I am uncertain about adopting an oryx because of my mother's attachment to Jaln, which is in some sense I feel unkind towards myself, but I am not so selfish as to hold that against her. Though perhaps, now that you have asked this, my feelings have manifested in other ways that have made me a little strange (if I wasn't already) to my fellow Selban.

10. How did you feel about that? I believe your original question was regarding siblings. I do not consider Jaln to be a sibling (although many of my acquaintances and friends take their oryx partners in that relationship). I have never been allowed to ride him, nor play with him, and only rarely touch him. I know my mother loves me dearly, but I do believe my father's absence in her life has had unforeseen affects on her own, and her relationship with Jaln has had an affect on myself and her potential suitors. I should also state for the record, I do not believe it is unhealthy for her to have a close relationship with Jaln. He deserves as much respect any anyone in our tribe. Jaln also responds to her love in kind, as only he could. Their bond cannot last forever, and my mother knows this. Jaln is getting old and cannot run as fast as he used to, and eventually she will need to find a new oryx to ride or join me in being riderless, relying on the kindness of others in our tribe. I don't wish to stay on this topic for much longer though, as I barely think of it, and I am only reminded because of your incessant questioning. This is the longest I have ever spoken of this particular aspect of my life, ever.

CHILDHOOD AND EDUCATION
11. When you were a child, what was one thing you could always be sure of?
12. What was something you were never sure of?
13. Where did you grow up? Is this a place you’d go back to now? Or avoid?
14. Do you still have friends there? Or family?
15. How did you do in school?
16. What was your favorite subject?
17. What was your greatest talent?
18. What did you do badly?
19. If you did not do well in school, why not? Were you not interested, or did something interfere with your ability to work hard?
20. How far did you advance in your education?
21. If you went to college, where did you go? If you didn’t go, what were you doing in those years?
22. If you went to college, what kind of school was it?
23. How did you pay for it?
24. What was your course of study?
25. Is that what you wanted to do, or did someone influence you to follow that course?
26. How do you feel about those years now? Do you look back with pride or regret?

CURRENT HOUSEHOLD AND RELATIONSHIPS
27. What is your life like at the moment?
28. Are you married, single, or in a relationship?
29. What is that person’s name and occupation?
30. How are things going with him or her?
31. Where do you live now?
32. What are your physical surroundings like? Are they comfortable, safe, or dangerous?
33. How do you feel about the place where you are now? Is there something you are particularly attached to, or particularly repelled by, in this place?
34. Who lives with you?
35. How do you get along with them? If you don’t get along, what is the source of conflict?
36. Do you have children?
37. If so, do you have a good relationship with them?
38. If not, what caused the rift?
39. How do they feel about you?
40. When is the last time you saw them?
41. What about the rest of your family? Are you close to them now or distant?
42. If you are distant, why? What has gotten in the way?

OCCUPATION
43. What do you do for a living? Are you self-employed, or do you work for someone else?
44. How long have you done this job?
45. Is this what you always planned to do, or did you fall into it?
46. How do you feel about it?
47. Would you rather be doing something else? If so, what would it be?
48. If you’d rather be doing something else, what stops you? Is it money? Is it pressure from your family? Is it your own lack of self-confidence? Or does some other thing prevent you from doing what you want to do?
49. What would you have to change in your life in order to do that thing you’d rather do?
50. Does this change depend on someone else, or does it depend on you?

RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY
51. What is your religious belief currently?
52. Do you still practice the religion of your youth, or have you left it behind?
53. If you left it behind, what caused you to do so?
54. Do you think you have the answers, or are you still searching?
55. If you are searching, where or how are you looking?

OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
56. How do you deal with stress?
57. If you use drugs or alcohol, how do you feel about it? Do you brag about it? Try to hide it? Try to give it up and fail? Have no problem with it?
58. What do you do to entertain yourself?
59. What is your idea of a really fun time?
60. What do you consider to be your most admirable personal quality?
61. What is your greatest personal failing, in your view?
62. Do you think others see it that way, or would they say something different about your strengths and weaknesses?
63. How do you handle conflict with someone else? Do you avoid fights, or are you aggressive? Or are you passive aggressive and only give the appearance of cooperation?
64. What are your politics? Are you conservative, liberal, or something else? Do you have no interest in politics?

LOVE LIFE
65. What is your sexual orientation? Are you comfortable with it?
66. If you are not comfortable with it, why not?
67. What do you do about those negative feelings?
68. Do you have love in your life right now?
69. Is there someone you once loved but no longer do?
70. If so, what happened to make that love go away?
71. What kind of problems do you face because of it?

PARENTAL BONDS
72. Are your parents still living?
73. If so, where are they now? Nearby or far away?
74. How often do you see them?
75. Do you want to see more of them or less?
76. If you want to see more of them, or less, why don’t you?
77. If your parents are critical of you, what choices have you made that displeased them? Was it your job, education, marriage, life partner, or political views?
78. Did their displeasure influence your decision? Did you decide to go ahead in order to show them up? Or did you change your mind because they disliked your choice?
79. If you changed your mind in order to please your parents, how do you feel about that now?
80. How did they raise you as a child? Were they strict or lenient? Did they pay attention to you, or were they more interested in other things?
81. How did this affect your relationship with them then?
82. How does it affect your relationship now?
83. Does it affect your relationship with your own children?
84. If one or more of your parents are deceased, when did they die?
85. How did their death affect you? Did it change your life fortune? Were you forced to leave school? To give up a job? To abandon a plan? Or did you come into an inheritance?

FEARS, CHALLENGES, AND OBSTACLES
86. Where are you in your life right now? What are you most pleased with right now?
87. What keeps you awake at night?
88. What is the most pressing problem you have at the moment?
89. Is there something that you need or want that you don’t have? For yourself or for someone important to you?
90. Why don’t you have it? What is in the way?
91. What do you have to do in order to get the thing you need?
92. What is stopping you from taking this step?
93. Is there something else that must happen first in order for you to take this step?
94. Is there someone else who needs or wants the same thing?
95. Can they help you get it?
96. Are they one of the things in the way?
97. What happens if you don’t get it? What do you stand to lose?
98. How will your life change if you do get this thing or solve this problem?
99. Will someone else suffer if you succeed?
Fabell
For in true love music doth sweetly dwell

Words: 11145
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2019, 9:13 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Fabell's Plotnotes

Postby Fabell on October 31st, 2019, 5:43 am