[SS Tavern]Games and drinks[OPEN, and others from thread]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Robert Cithon on February 25th, 2011, 5:32 am

63rd of Winter

The night was growing late. The sun had long since disappeared into it’s hiding place allowing the cold winter night to take hold of Ravok, cradled in the middle of the lake. The floating city some had called it, Robert just knew it as another stop along his way to greatness. He would not stop until he was considered a great General of his era. The city itsself was a maze, as any city large enough to house so many people. It was quite easy to loose yourself in the canals and bridges of the mystifying city. Robert himself had been lost on a dozen occasion since his arrival, usually stumbling into a familiar area long after he had ventured out.

But it had been months since he had hunkered down for winter in this dark city. He was not a religious man, but he had yet to grasp the idea of an entire city worshiping Rhysol. And the devout Black Sun actually govern the city, Robert found himself confused as to how that came about. But he knew better than to voice his opinions allowed, near any citizens anyways.

Robert was leading the way toward the Silver Sliver, a well known tavern in the city. He was leading the small group from the alleyway. Those who wanted to be led anyways, he would pay no mind to any who slipped into the shadows and decided they had better things to do. But for those who remained, they would be welcomed with drinks and a good game of cards or dice. It had been nearly half an hour since they departed from the original meeting place, where Robert had encountered several new people. And came face to face with two races he had never laid eye upon. It was the beginning to what had to be an eventful night.

“We are nearly there” Robert spoke softly, barley audible to those behind him. He was trying to make the trip in good time. He himself wanted to sit down and share a few stories, maybe he could make some friends this night. He was severely lacking in that department as of late. Robert had left everyone he knew behind years ago when he left what remained of his fathers army.

After several more moments of walking hastily through the streets, they had arrived at their destination. It was easy enough place to miss. The Silver Sliver Tavern was nothing spectacular, just another average sized building. One of the only things that stuck out about the location was the tables outside of the building, allowing for a relaxing view of the canals. And the traffic, it was a very popular place amongst the city. “Ahh, we have arrived my friends.” Robert spoke loudly now, so that everyone could hear him. He then turned and looked toward Scezha. “Whenever we are finished here I will lead you to a relatively cheap place to stay. Not much in comfort, but the prices are reasonable and roof doesn’t leak.” He gave a little laugh and began to walk toward the entrance of the tavern.

OOCSorry not quite as good as I wanted, people showed up earlier than expected.
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Scezha on February 25th, 2011, 10:14 am

A dark night, lit only by a partial moon behind the cloud, the lanterns of the streets reflected on the canals, and flowing torch held by city guards. Within the streets of Ravok, Scezha walk slowly on its paved streets and bridges, careful as not to make his first day in the city a drench and embarrasing one. He have heard stories of how this city was built on top of a river, and how he thought that was impossible, but it's clear now that he was mistaken.

Scezha's steps echoes on the wall and buildings around them. His footsteps alone did not make so loud of a noise, but together with the nice and friendly strangers he just met, they echoes so loudly Scezha could swear they were the main attention of the guards that night. Not to mention him carrying Nanta through all the streets and bridges. Her footsteps only attracts more eyes from the streets. Scezha can only hope this does not lead to a bad night for them.

The guards... Scezha only realizes their presence recently. Aside from the guards who stands firm and ready at the dock, and a few at the magnificent tower on the other side of the lake, Scezha can't really tell when they're watching him or not. They look somewhat shady and misterious when Scezha take a better look at them. He knew that guards are supposed to watch over a suspicious party, and his party right now are enough to be classified as mysterious, but it's as if they were expecting him to make a mistake or something.

Or it could be just his overactive imagination. And this cold night is certainly not the night to play with a vivid imagination. Not when he have enough people for a company and desperately in need for a warm drink or two. Scezha turns his gaze to Nanta, asking for her opinion in silence, but she only shook her head. That is enough answer for Scezha. He continues to follow Robert to one busy part of the dock, where Scezha can see peoples from different races and origins passes by.

It seems like they've arrived at the place. The warm drink and game of cards to spend the night. Robert turns toward Scezha and told him that he will take Scezha to a reasonable inn after the're done here. Robert doesn't say an inn, but Scezha hope it was. He can't think of any other comfortable place to spend the night for him and Nanta. Nanta looks so happy when she saw the place. Scezha only hope that they have something for her.

"Much obliged, Sir Robert. I guess I have to play a good card to pay for your generosity." Scezha tied Nanta up on a stable beside the tavern, then follows Robert inside.
"No living things in Mizahar are truly dead. They simply change from corporeal beings, into ethereal, then reincarnate as corporeal again"
- Deciphered from Scezha's Master's parchment.
Scezha
In search for master

Words: 27976
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2011, 4:43 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on February 25th, 2011, 4:27 pm

(( Whoop, wasn't paying attention. Missed that we changed threads. X( ))

Reaver made his way behind his new collection of associates. He was proud for how the start of this night chose to carry out. Noting the discomfort of his companions, he wondered what made this place so strange. Dark, yes, but isn't everywhere? As for Robert's discomfort, he could only guess. Scezha, on the other hand, was easier to read. He was constantly looking at the guard. Maybe he's a shady man, and doesn't like their attention, or maybe he's not used to them all staring in his general direction. They weren't looking at him all that much, though. A person following behind a group of people, and a bit further back on top of that, was always suspicious... especially for a Nuit. Reaver felt he was almost stopped by a couple of said guard, but they let him through.

Upon reaching the tavern, the guard were especially wary, seeing as a Nuit has little need for anything a bar has to offer. Well, they didn't feel like asking him any questions, he guessed. So he got through just fine. Oh, Reaver just remembered that they mentioned a game of cards. ...on Scezha's reminder.

Reaver reluctantly replied, "I'm sorry if it's a bother, but I'm not one to invoke in the willing loss of my coin, be it food or gambling. I would love to stay at the table, however. I do enjoy learning. Who knows, I may play a small hand or two later."
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Robert Cithon on February 28th, 2011, 4:53 am

The place smelled of old ale and musky bodies. Robert spent most of his time avoiding places like this. He much preferred activities that involved fresh air and sunlight. But since it was no longer daylight, and he had not searched for a job in some time he decided tonight was a perfect night for a visit.

He made his way through the crowded room, attempting to not interrupt anyone by bumping or shoving their table with his movements. A rude gesture like that would instigate a fight among drunken men, and a small fight would consume a small tavern like this in a matter of seconds, But he eventually found a corner table where two men had just departed from. Robert made a quick move and snagged a chair at the table. “This table is taken kind sir” Robert spoke to a glazed eye man who had been attempting to sit down at the same table. The man stared at him for a brief moment, then lazily got up and grumbled his way into the crowd.

After seating himself Robert turned toward the others. “Reaver, no man likes to willingly loose his coin. But everyone enjoys the chance to forcibly take in a good game of cards.” He gave a small laugh at his remark, Robert rarely lost at cards. But he would not make any high stake bets in this game, he was amongst friends tonight. “Which game would yall prefer?” He asked, Robert knew a few. He also knew that every game had various rules depending on the region you were used to playing.

Robert looked around the room, searching for a barmaid to tend to their needs. H spotted a young women who seemed to be staring in his direction. So he lifted a hand and waved getting her attention. She smiled in response and began walking to the table. “What can I get you boys?” She asked with a flirty voice, no doubt trying to pry a decent tip out of the men. Robert just smiled and responded in a usually tone “I will have a glass of water for the moment, and put whatever they want on my bill this night.” He waved at the group signaling which ones where with him. “Have whatever you like tonight my friends.”

OOCI guess the others left the forum. They havnt been on in a bit.
Robert Cithon

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Scezha on March 2nd, 2011, 12:53 pm

When he enters the tavern, Scezha realizes how thin their group has become. There was more of them when they met somewhere in the dark alley, but now it seems there are only three of them; he himself, the good Robert, and of course Nanta. Oh yeah, that one particular guy was coming along too. The small, dark, half-alive guy. Who was his name again? Scezha didn't remember and realizes that was a mistake. It would be easier to find out more about this guy if he knew his name.

But that needs to be put aside first. Scezha was still wary and cautious of the small man, but he has to show sir Robert his gratitude before attending to any other matters. He follow Robert closely behind, making good use of Robert's bulky figure to steer clear of all the barbarian muscles that fills the place. Scezha's height was pretty average for a guy his age, and as such he would be thrown away easily should he made contact with any of these guys.

Before long, Robert found themself a good place to sit down. A nice table and chairs in a corner. Scezha usually doesn't mind where he sat down in a tavern, but right in a corner is the best place for him. It's the last place any fight in a tavern would harm or break. Except, of course, the fight happens to start at the very corner.

Scezha sat on a chair right next to Robert, trying to act warm and friendly to the guy who help him. Two seconds later, that same guy calls upon a barmaid and orders his first drink. Curiously, he only ask for water. Scezha had always thought that a guy like him would prefer a stronger drink all the time. But it's not the time and place for his dark curiosity to pops up. Right now, it's time to show friendship.

"I will have water too. Anything stronger than that would be bad to start a game of card." He said to the barmaid,before turning to the other guy on the table. "What game? Well, I don't know that much but there is one game we Benshiras usually play with any travelers we met. It's a game called blackjack, and I have been told that this game is quite famous outside the desert. Perhaps we could play that game first as a start?" Scezha make a warm smile towards Robert, completely ignoring the other guy at their company.
"No living things in Mizahar are truly dead. They simply change from corporeal beings, into ethereal, then reincarnate as corporeal again"
Scezha
In search for master

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on March 3rd, 2011, 2:48 am

Upon hearing Robert's retort, he mutters under his breath. "Every man but me." Reaver made his way to the table. He mused to himself as the people who would run into his companions ahead seamed to altogether avoid him. The many strange glances being quite expected, and he figured deserved. Not often someone like him enters such a place.

Fortunate enough not to have an 'outsider' killer among the bar's current patrons, he made his way to the table just fine. After he sat down, he noticed even the barmaid didn't look him directly, despite trying to be closer to his company. Odd choice. Reaver simply stated nothing until she left. He also noted the many looks he now had trained on him, particularly of those who look for trouble.

((The game closest to blackjack is called Portraits. Card Game Thread))

Having heard the choice in card game, Reaver realized he had never played any card game before. Well, he could learn now, nothing to stop him. He spoke calmly, hoping not to draw any unwanted emotions from those uncomfortable nearby. "I'm not familiar with the rules. Perhaps a few practice rounds before we start up? I'm afraid I'd need the help, I don't have much in the way of coin anyway. Hard to keep work with my... condition."

((Uncomfortable including those not at this table.))
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Robert Cithon on March 3rd, 2011, 6:05 am

Robert may not be as in tuned with others feelings as most people were, but even he could pick up the waves of emotions his companions were throwing off. Scezha obviously had bitter feelings toward Reaver, who seemed to pick up the bitter and hateful looks from around the room. He was reacting very well to them though. Robert himself would have been in a fist fight by now if the situation was reversed.

But they made it peacefully to the table, and ordered thee drinks. His companions seemed to be able to stand each other at the very least. Neither being outwardly rude or disrespectful. Robert avoided taking sides, he was not going to wind up in the middle of anything between the two. He honestly hoped that they could put their differences aside tilt e night was through.

“That sounds like a good idea. How about you walk us through one round Scezha, and if we don’t pick up on it by then. Well you will just have to take our money.” Robert said in a joking voice. Robert eyes strayed from the table and scanned the surrounding room. Their table had become the center of attention. People were glancing their way repeatedly and many were downright glaring at them.

Robert took a throwing knife out of his coat and slammed it into the table, blade buried half an inch into the wood. His was hoping to discourage some of the bad attention they were getting, just a slight warning saying “Hey we are armed and dangerous”. That was his hope anyways, how they took it was a different story.

OOCSorry the post is kinda blahh, just got off work and wont have time tomorrow. But what do you guys think about having a big bar fight? With an AS playing the NPC's ofcourse. Havnt had any action threads in a good minute.
Robert Cithon

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Scezha on March 4th, 2011, 4:12 pm

Much to his surprise, Scezha found out that the two other men on the table with him right now doesn't know a game of portrait. And when he was a kid he thought that this game was widely known outside the desert! It was very common for people of his caravan to play this game to travelers as a show of friendship. Maybe right now, it's his turn to teach other people a little game of portrait. Scezha take a quick breath and explains.

"Alright, I can show you two how to play it. It's a simple game, anyway. You just need to add the value of one card with the other to make the highest point between players. Sir Robert, if you have the deck, I can show you exactly how."

Scezha opens his hand to Robert. It would be normal to assume he has the deck. After all, he IS the one who offers a game of cards. Surely, it's not just blades he kept within his pocket, right? Or perhaps Scezha was mistaken? That, probably, this bar have a deck or two available for any of its patrons willing to spare a few coins to play it? Whatever that is, they can't play without a deck and he would like to have one in his hand right now.

But before Robert can give his answer, a quick chill runs down Scezha's spine, alarming him of unearthly danger. This feeling. This familiar, cold feeling. Scezha haven't felt it again since his master's disappearance. There's a ghost nearby, not too far from them but also far enough he didn't realize it when first entering the bar. Slowly, with each passing seconds, Scezha became certain of the ghost's whereabouts.

Above. Right above the ceiling. A wandering spirit watch over him, as if he knew Scezha was a spiritist. That he knew Scezha knows of his presence and how he looks upon Scezha right now. Giggling like a little girl. It was not a hostile one, that Scezha can tell. But he also feels a mysterious feeling from this ghost, as if the ghost have some attachment to the bar or something.

That shouldn't shocked Scezha. A ghost that refuses to reincarnate are either have an unfinished business while living, or have a strong emotional attachment to something, someplace, that he would stay long after he passed away. Probably the latter was the case for this one. Scezha tried so heart not to make a wide grin. He knew it wasn't so hard to find a ghost in this city.

OOC: I didn't know there was a card game thread >.< Just consider I said "portrait" up there. And, this thread was supposed to be grandfathered, anyway. I won't mind to end it with a "bang"! :)
Scezha
In search for master

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on March 4th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Reaver turned suddenly to the blade now in their table. Stretching a few muscles, he relaxed a little. Trying to focus on the group in front of him, he did his best to learn as he intended to. "So, what about the cards that don't have numbers on them?"

((@Robert: I haven't HAD a good action thread. Woo! In fact, Reaver is the worst-equipped for action I could make him. XD Just makes it more fun. @Scezha: I didn't know there was one, either. I found it by chance.))
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Robert Cithon on March 6th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Robert listened to Scezha explain the game to him and Reaver. It sounded simple enough. More of a game of luck than a game of skill. But Robert would give it a try, whatever the outcome was. Scezha then put his hand out forth seeking a deck of cards.

Robert paused a moment, he had nearly forgotten the old deck he had stowed away in his coat somewhere. But he began to search threw his pockets, avoiding nicking his hands on his own blades. “It is in here somewhere..” He said under hi breath. Then his fingertips brushed the worn edges of what he was seeking. With a little maneuvering he managed to free the deck without any difficulty. “Ahh, here they are” He pulled the old deck out and handed them to Scezha.

The deck was black, with red trimming around the edges. It was a older style deck. One his father had given to him when he was of age to gamble with his own coin. He rarely got the chance to use them anymore. “Careful with those. They are likely older than any of us at the table” He said in a joking but serious voice. “Well Scezha, let us begin with the game.”
Robert Cithon

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next