[Unverified] Warren Smith

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Warren Smith

Postby Warren Smith on March 27th, 2020, 12:13 am

Warren Smith

Date of Birth: Winter - 17th - 502 AV
Place of Birth: Sunberth
Race: Human
Current Location: Sunberth
Physical Attributes:
    Brown Hair
    Brown Eyes
    Thin short beard
    Approximately 5'10" tall
    Rough and dry tanned skin
    Burn scarring on back (only visible when not clothed)
    Lean and muscled from his work though underfed with very little fat resulting in a more unhealthy than attractive look
Noticeable Features and Traits:
    He often has a small object like a rock that he will fiddle with and rub
    Almost always visibly tense/nervous except when he is working
    Cleanliness is important to him and he does his best to keep presentable
    Deep and raspy voice

Character Concept :
Warren is a reclusive and touchy young man most comfortable inside his own head. Abandonment and loss have marred his early life and when combined with the confusing often near bipolar nature of his Uncle he lost his sense of trust in people, even those closest to him. In stark contrast to this, or perhaps due to his unwillingness to vocally communicate he is very honest in his physical expression, with his eyes, facial expressions and general body language often portraying his general moods to even the least observant of people.

As is the norm for many Sunberthians he is commonly accompanied by a small measure of paranoia. Death and cruelty are a part of life and Warren has learned to deal with it by ignoring it or attempting to stay as far from it as possible. He is neither violent nor confrontational by nature unless pushed to emotional extremes.

A strong work ethic has been instilled into Warren through his training as a blacksmith and he has come to find true comfort in the craft. It is an escape in which the world and all his concerns seem to fade away. This work ethic has extended into his personal life in such ways as an obsession with cleanliness and the desire to push himself to his physical extremes.

Character History Synopsis :
Warren grew up in Sunberth, orphaned at the age of 6. His mother passed as she was malnourished, sick and had very little care provided for her. Upon her death a family friend took him to his estranged Uncle, a blacksmith of less than average skill and wealth. He was raised by his Uncle who showed him a strange mixture of affection and hate. Providing him with the training and skills to become a blacksmith while also berating and beating him at times. Unable to make sense of his Uncle, Warren began to retreat into himself, working hard to avoid beatings and simply struggling to leave the life he was born into. Though he was provided adequate food and shelter from his Uncle he chose to leave at the age of sixteen seeking a better, happier life and failing that at the very least an escape.

First Impressions: (Third Party Perspective) :
A sharp clang pierced the veil of Sunberth’s familiar sounds, the bustling of citizens, the cries and desperate pleas for attention from trader’s, the grunt’s originating from the beasts of burden pulling along small wagons and goods. I had arrived at this small shabby smithy my Master had ordered from and spoken to whom he assumed was the master smith only moments ago. The older man had retreated to a small room in search of his order ledger, leaving me alone aside from the young man working at the far anvil. Another resounding clang filled the store front pulling my attention from the tools and obvious works in progress and instead towards the young man silent and focused upon his task. I watched as the young man raised his arm and with it the hammer, he exposed lean muscular arms, the skin taught as if it was a canvas pulled tight along a rough surface. He was young but he looked the part of a smith, as if he was born for the job. The moment was intense, clarity and focus radiated in the young man’s eyes, it was not a common sight to behold, in fact he’d even call it serene. He flinched as the inevitable near deafening almost painfully loud noise of metal being smashed and distorted forcefully filled the room and nearby street again+.

“BOY!” the older smith shouted with an obvious vitriolic undertone as he returned from grabbing his sales records.

The man grimaced, grumbled and stomped over to the young man. The boy was lost to the world in his work and it must’ve been a common occurence from the way the master was acting.

“Dammit Warren!” the smith raised his hand, in it a thick leathery glove and brought it down upon the back of the young boy’s head “You’ll listen when I speak, you hear me! Now put that blasted hammer down and help me with this order.” The old smith continued to grumble as he walked back towards me. “Sorry bout that sir, he’s a rude brat but he does decent work. Ma sista’s son y’see and I’m all he’s got left.”

The younger smith, Warren, walked over almost without a sound and the contrast between the boy at work and the boy in front of him was quite shocking. I would’ve bet 100 gold miza’s that the young man was a bundle of confidence and passion but it seemed to be the polar opposite. Visibly tense, his shoulders pulled slightly forward and with his head down he seemed to be unconsciously trying to make himself smaller, which was unfortunate as he was a rather tall lad. His previously soft brown eyes that moments before were full of focus now gave off a nervous and sharp feeling, they darted from master smith to me as if unsure who needed his attention. Seemingly he finally decided that it was his master he should address.

“What order is it, Uncle?” a quiet, deep and raspy voice emanated from Warren.

The boy’s Uncle grunted “10 hoops, the large’uns for the cooper”

With a nod Warren turned away. He gave a final short glance over his shoulder as he slipped around the back of the building, as if to ensure I was not pulling any funny business. The young man disappeared and it was only then that I began to relax. In Sunberth danger was a part of life and you learned to live with it, he and I both were no exception. Paranoia was no stranger here and yet that boy gave off such a tense and unsettling feeling, as if I’d just faced down a wild animal desperately backed into a corner. Unsure if it's going to spring at you with a beast’s strong desire to live, or if it’s searching for somewhere to run, to escape as far and as fast as it can.

“Odd kid” I exhaled deeply, releasing my own tension and mumbled, not intending to be heard.

“Tell me about it” the older man, Garret he believed his name was, sighed “But family is family” and with that final statement the subject was put to rest.
Last edited by Warren Smith on March 27th, 2020, 7:50 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Warren Smith
Player

Words: 5206
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2020, 12:17 am
Character sheet

Warren Smith

Postby Warren Smith on March 27th, 2020, 12:27 am

Personal Skills and Knowledge

Skill List

Skill Earned XP Total
Blacksmithing 15 (SP) , 15 (RB) 30 Competent
Body Building 5 (SP) 5 Novice
Brawling 5 (SP) 5 Novice
Organization 5 (SP) 5 Novice
Weapon: Dagger 10 (SP) 10 Novice
Weaponsmithing 10 (SP) 10 Novice

Languages

-Common (Fluent)

Lore List
Blacksmithing: How to strike heated iron
Brawling: Throwing a proper punch
Last edited by Warren Smith on March 27th, 2020, 7:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Warren Smith
Player

Character sheet

Warren Smith

Postby Warren Smith on March 27th, 2020, 1:08 am

Possessions and Housing

Housing:

Warren lives in the Sunset Quarter in a small dingy apartment. While the building itself is ramshackle his own personal space is as well kept and clean as can be, it is not much but it is home and a place to call his own. It is sparsely furnished with only a bed, hearth and chest for any spare items he has. The bed consists of old hay or other scraps of soft materials and a sheet to lay upon in the summer or for warmth in the cold winter months. Hidden below a cracked floorboard under his bed he keeps a small additional chest which contains a keepsake from his mother and the majority of any money he earns.

Possessions:

Item Quantity Usage Thread
Set of clothing 1 On person Starting Package
Waterskin 1 Chest Starting Package
Set of toiletries 1 Chest Starting Package
Eating knife 1 Chest Starting Package
Flint & steel 1 Chest Starting Package
Dagger 1 On person Starting Package
Small chest 1 Hidden under hearth Starting Package
Small ironworked flower (family heirloom) 1 Small Chest Starting Package

Ledger:

Total Gained/Lost Thread
100 GM (+100 GM) Starting Package
99 GM Purchased Small chest (-1 GM) Starting Package
97 GM Purchased Dagger (-2 GM) Starting Package
Last edited by Warren Smith on March 27th, 2020, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warren Smith
Player

Character sheet

Warren Smith

Postby Warren Smith on March 27th, 2020, 6:00 pm

Stationary NPC's

Family

Garret Smith (Uncle) :
Name: Garret Smith
DoB: 22nd of Summer 486 AV
Profession: Blacksmith
Skills: Blacksmithing 30, Mathematics 5, Brawling 15

Additional Information: Garret is a coarse individual at best. A life of struggle and hardship has left him with little but his work, notably though he retains a strong sense of responsibility and loyalty to family. Garret grew up with his older sister whom he loved dearly as they were all each other had. After many years of hard work and struggle his sister fell in love with a man who was in Garret's eyes no more than a ruffian and scoundrel, the man even stole some of their savings to gamble away. Infuriated this sparked the beginning of a growing rift between Garret and his sister. Years later a friend informed him of his sister's death and the existence of his nephew, and a testament to his love and loyalty he took the child in. To his dismay and frustration the boy looked very much like his father, the man Garret viewed as the reason for her death. He raised the boy, his love and hate for the child warring in him all the while.
Warren Smith
Player

Character sheet