Deadly Dance [Solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Deadly Dance [Solo]

Postby Noya on February 26th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Timestamp: 10th Winter, 510 AV

Noya's mother, Lirath, was furious. She was fed up with Noya's lack of interest in anything but training and fighting. Flipping a table and getting in eachother's face was common at the Crimson Storm's household but today was different. Lirath wasn't feeling well and she didn't even have the strength to get out of bed. Something was going on inside her system but she didn't know what, and she'd be damned to show weakness to anyone, including her daughter.

Noya knew her mother well enough to spot a lie though, so as Lirath told her that she was tired and wanted to stay in bed today, she got furious aswell. Telling her mother not to lie to her and to get strong again soon so that they could fight properly. It was her way of telling her mother to get well soon because she was worried. Passionate personalities often clash, and for those 2 it wasn't any different. After bringing her mother food on a platter, which she left on the cabinet next to her bed, she left Lirath's room and started to clean the house.

She wanted to take care of her mother, she was the most precious thing in her life afterall, even if she didn't say it to her face. Noya worked for hours on end, making sure everything was clean as a whistle and no dust could be found anywhere. She finished it by opening the windows to air out the house.

Not sure what to do next she went to read in her room but quickly got bored with that. She desired practicing with her precious axes but at the same time she resented herself for it. Her mother was ill in the next room and she wanted to go practice. She decided against it, in case her mother needed something and called out to her.

She decided to start practicing her movements, to further expand her acrobatic agility and balance. Luckily her room was perfect for that, large and empty. She stood in the center of her room and started to slowly move her body, like as she was moving to a song that was slowly increasing the tempo and ferocity of the beat. She stretched out her arms to make a cross-shape before slashing them diagonally inwards, twisting her palms she did the same movement but now outwards.

In a muscle-stressed pose she stood, silently, before moving her legs and creating vertical spinning kicks intertwined with wild armmovements as if she was slashing and kicking an unseen target with all her might. Balancing herself on one leg she crouched and slashed her arms horizontally as if she separated a man's torso from his waist.

Again standing still for a moment, she broke the silence by placing the palms of her hands on the floor and pushing herself up. She walked on her hands around the room in a circle 'till she graciously made a bridge and in one fluid motion she was back on her feet.

Suddenly a snickering could be heard from the doorway. Her mother had been watching her as Noya was practicing her movements.
Last edited by Noya on February 26th, 2011, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noya
Player

Words: 7208
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2011, 12:28 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Deadly Dance [Solo]

Postby Noya on February 26th, 2011, 11:08 pm

" What are you doing out of bed?! "

Her concern for her mother overtook her anger at being mocked. She looked in her mother's amused eyes, crossed her arms and lightly tapped her foot on the floor, waiting for an answer.

" I'm feeling much better, thanks to your care. I felt like telling you this but as I entered you were moving in such a trance that I couldn't resist to watch. You really do have improved, even if it's only slightly. "

Noya's face lit up as she sensed no lie from Lirath and she went over to hug her mother. Embracing her tightly before breaking apart, she smiled. Eventhough they have their disagreements, they're a loving family nonetheless. And having only eachother bonded them even more so.

Then she suddenly remembered what her mother told her.

" Oi, I could take you on any day of the week, armed or unarmed. "

She said smiling, she hadn't fought her mother in a long time and she remembered feeling her mother holding back everytime they did fight, which infuriated her and always caused her to lose her cool and go in a frenzy. Swinging wildly can give you the edge, but against a skilled opponent, it's usually an equivalent to defeat.

" Ohohooo, is that so ? I think you need to be taught a lesson, young Myrian. "

Noya knew that her mother called her a Myrian whenever she wanted to get things done or to get her fired up, it was a sureshot way of making her proud and ready for work and battle.
Noya
Player

Character sheet

Deadly Dance [Solo]

Postby Noya on February 28th, 2011, 12:33 pm

" Tsk, like you still have it in you to teach me a lesson, old woman! "

Regardless of that statement, Noya's blood started to boil. She was anxious to get in a spar with her mother as there was no better Crimson Storm trainer for her.
In an attempt to get her mother riled up, she added:

" Can your frail little arms even hold up an axe?! "

Grinning as she asked that, she turned around and walked over to the placeholders on the wall where their axes were placed. She grabbed her standard battleaxe and her mother's specially decorated battleaxe effortlessly before walking back, swinging her arms lightly as the axeblades swung inches from the floor.

" Watch it. Don't go messing up the floor, arrogant child. "

Her mother reprimanded, clearly agitated by her child's comments.
Lirath accepted her battleaxe with one arm and swung it over her shoulder, in a clear sign that she had no trouble holding up an axe nor pounding a lesson in her child.

" Let's go outside, to your grave. " She said mockingly, as she stepped onto the large terras, which held a bedazzling paronamic view. Which was completely lost on these two warriors ready for battle. Noya quickly went up to the wall again to pick up her second battleaxe and turned around to see if her mother wanted one aswell, but she was already waiting on the terras.

" Tsk, you're not going to fight me with two ? " She asked, pouting.

" One is enough for the likes of you. " Lirath said as she stood in her stance. Slightly crouched and leaning back with one leg nearly stretched, in front of her, while her free arm pointed towards Noya, palm facing the ground. Her axe was stationed in a diagonal pose with the blade underneath her free arm, guarding her body while she waited for Noya to get ready. Lirath's eyes were watching her every move while a light smile decorated her face. Noya's blood was boiling even more as she saw the mocking smile on her mother's lips.

" Don't come crying to me when I cut that hand off. " She said, pointing one her axes at Lirath's stretched out hand.

" And what is that stance? I haven't seen it before. " She asked, slightly worried about it. She got in her own stance, sort of like a boxer's open stance but with the fists more apart and at a higher stance. She realized her mother wasn't going to reply, she was too into it and too focused. Noya couldn't help but swallow her tension away, she had no doubth her mother wasn't going to hold back this time.
Noya
Player

Character sheet

Deadly Dance [Solo]

Postby Noya on February 28th, 2011, 3:54 pm

If eyes could shoot lightning, there'd be a storm brewing between the eyes of mother and daughter. Without warning the storm dissapated as Noya swung her most upward arm down in the blink of an eye, following by a lunge forward as her downward slash, aimed at her mother's outstretched arm, was evaded by Lirath's armretraction. The axelunge was parried by a horizontal slash of Lirath's large battleaxe.

A large clank could be heard as the two blades met, Lirath swiftly turned on her feet, positioning herself near the rightside of Noya as she grabbed her by the collar and threw her backwards onto her back. Followed up immediatly by a downward slash aimed for Noya's torso, which was promptly hatled by the top of Noya's twin axes.

Lirath pushed on with all her might though, forcing the blades of the Noya's axes closer to her stomach. Just as flesh and blade were about to connect she bend a leg and stomped straight into Lirath's stomach. Lirath wouldn't budge at first but due to the pressure of the repeated kicks at her stomach and the increasing resistance of her daughter she was nearing the end of her attack and was finally pushed back. Staggering and stepping backwards so she wouldn't fall, Lirath growled. Her eyes burning with passion and rage.

She gave Noya barely enough time to stand back up before propelling herself forward, slashing fast and fiercely at her daughter. This wasn't a spar, this was a brutal fight. Her daughter started to panic at her mother's ferocity which seemed to be going out of control. Parrying and deflecting blows with all her might and concentration she was getting pushed back near the stone border of the terras.

She didn't have time to retalliate as the blows kept coming, with each and every single parry she felt her stamina and power drain. She was so strong, stronger than she had ever imagined.

Feinting a blow to Noya's side, she caused her to leap back and lose momentum and balance in which she held her axes up and to the side, leaving herself completely open. Lirath took the opportunity with a clenched fist, which she slammed fast and repeatedly in Noya's face, before finishing it with a kick to the plexus.

The fight was over. Noya had dropped both her axes and clutched her chest while attempting to breath as all the air had been kicked out of her lungs.

Lirath dropped her axe aswell and crouched down to tend to her daughter, placing her on her knees as she sat behind her head. Stroking her hair and face she waited for her to regain her breathe completely.

" You fought well, Noya, as a true Myrian you gave it your all. "

She kept stroking her hair and face as she comforted Noya who started to well up. She had lost, badly and without question. It hurt her more mentally than it did physically.

" I'll get stronger, I'll get stronger! " She said as she looked up to her mother with tears in her eyes.

" Don't cry, you fought well, you can't expect to beat everyone while you're still in training. I will guide you, you will become a whilwind of power once I'm done with you! "

Lirath smiled upon her daughter with pride, she really did fight well. She just never stood a chance against someone with so much more experience than her.
Noya stood up and wiped the tears from her eyes before turning around to face her mother. Hugging her tightly before speaking.

" Thank you! "

Together they picked up the axes and went back inside and after placing the axes on the placeholders again, Noya sat down at the table while her mother poured her some tea.

They were quite a pair those two, strong and passionate but with a kind heart. Filled with love for eachother.
Noya
Player

Character sheet

Deadly Dance [Solo]

Postby Ophelia on March 2nd, 2011, 7:43 am

Thread Award. ‎‎<3

EXPERIENCE.
‎+1 Unarmed Combat‎
‎+1 Acrobatics‎
+1 Dual Wield
‎+2 Weapon (Axe)‎‎

LORES.
Passionate personalities clash
Practising the moves
Riling up your mother
Feinting

ADDITIONAL NOTES.
Good thread! Light hearted read that I genuinely enjoyed <3

Couple of notes:
  • To make Lirath an NPC you'll need to post in the HD. I have no control over this <33
  • You need to post your CS under your avatar. Go to User Control Panel, and under "Profile", there'll be a place to link your CS.

EDIT: Sorry about the miss!

Don't hesitate to pm me with questions, queries, or anything else!

Love,‎
Ophelia <3
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook