A Hunter Is Born -- Part 1 (Dark Beginnings) [Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

A Hunter Is Born -- Part 1 (Dark Beginnings) [Closed]

Postby Kalim on February 27th, 2011, 4:46 am

Kalim
Hunter of Men

17th of Spring 510AV

This past week had been a nightmare for Kalim, his entire world had been shattered in a single moment of time. Three days ago he had been hunting outside of Ravok when he had met a soldier of the city. He had quickly moved on, the ebonsryfe were not to be toyed with, and even someone as green as Kalim knew that. After a few minutes of walking he had dismissed the incident. The surrounding greenery and life was enough to fill his imaginings with peace and joy. The shadows danced with the movement of the trees, and the light shone gently upon his back as he moved through the forest.

As he walked along oblivious to the danger coming up behind him, Kalim thought of where the deer were most likely to travel next, where the herds would probably head. What he didn’t think of were the subtle tapping noises, they came from ahead of him and behind to the right. So that when a man dressed in black armor stepped into the light, Kalim was almost too shocked to move. He stood staring at the man unable to comprehend what was being said. But he shook his head and cleared his mind managing to catch the last few words. “How dare you attempt to hide from the Ebonstryfe, servants of the lord Rhysol, defenders of Ravok! What were you trying to hide huntsman? Speak now and lie not.”

“I hide nothing my lord…” cried Kalim falling on his knees. “I am but a simple hunter, and mean nothing against the lord Rhysol or his servants. Allow me walk free and in peace”

The man seemed to consider the words of Kalim for a time before he responded. ”I like to believe that I am a reasonable man, and I wish to believe you. However my duty as a sworn protector of the city of my lord Rhysol binds me from taking any chances. Now if you were to prove yourself to be without falsehood, I may be able to release you to your woods again. But for now… you will come with me.”

As these words dropped from the lips of the soldier a blow was struck upon Kalim’s head from behind. Another soldier had been hiding in the trees behind Kalim as the conversation had taken place. At a signal from his companion he had leapt out and clubbed Kalim over the head with a sturdy stave of oak wood.

The two men looked over the body for a few seconds before picking it up and dragging it behind them as they returned to their barracks. What plans they had for the hunter would be revealed when and if he were to wake.
Kalim
Hunter of Men

Words: 1690
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2011, 5:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet