The Riverfall Calendar Thread: Summer 520 AV

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Riverfall Calendar Thread: Summer 520 AV

Postby Surreal on June 13th, 2020, 5:11 am

Welcome citizens of Riverfall! Summer’s theme is desire.

de·sire

noun: desire; plural noun: desires
a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen.

This Summer, I want people to explore what their characters want out of life, and how willing they are to do what is needed to get those things. Of course, there are a lot of ways to go about this, so I’m going to try and narrow it down for you while leaving plenty of room for experimentation. To start, there should be at least one major goal that your character has identified and is working towards. A major goal can further be broken down into something that your PC strongly desires, but cannot be achieved in just a handful of days. This is something that is going to require a lot of effort from your PC. I.E. Leveling up a skill, entertain at a popular location, opening a business, ect. Now there is a lot of room to maneuver here. What matters most is that your goal be significant to your character, and something you can work at over the course of several threads. If their desire is unattainable, I want you to go into why that is? What is your character doing about it? How does this affect their mental state? Even if your character can’t accomplish their main goal, there might be other goals that will build up to that.

Additionally, there are also daily goals I’d like people to work into their threads as well. These can be simple, and something that your PC routinely savors each day. For example, maybe their is a favorite meal your pc has been craving all week, and treats themselves after all their hard work. It could also be a part of their morning routine, like an exercise that they need to get their head right about the day. While you are writing in these moments, I want their to be a focus on why they savor this part of their day, and how it feels to satiate this desire.

What I want people to get out of this is a firm idea of their characters direction in life, and the satisfaction of working towards those goals. I’d also like for this to facillitate cooperation between player characters, as well as open a dialogged between myself and you. Whether you just want someone to bounce ideas off of, or you need something done, don’t hesitate to PM me. I will get to you ASAP.

Weather

Things start heating up this Summer as temperatures soar to the 90’s and strong winds blow warm air across the city. Those that can seek a brief respite from the hottest part of the day in the numerous shady alcoves spread throughout the city. Free time is frequently spent cooling off in the sea as people shift their lifestyles around to account for the heat that plagues the city. Holidays continue on as normal, in spite of the oppressive heat, and most of Riverfall makes a good showing. Now that more people spending time at sea, the defense of the coast has been made a priority. With the Spring deluge of rainfall behind them, citizens of Riverfall can expect scattered showers, with it only rarely raining the whole day through.

Riverfall guide to Summer fun

The following is a collection of prompts that you can feel free to try an incorporate into your threads as you engage with this season’s theme.

- Find a way to cool off from the heat
    - Enjoy one of Riverfall’s Summer Holidays
    - Spend time reflecting on one thing your character savors about their day
    - Confess your goal to someone
    - Think of a way to ingratiate yourself to the community
    - Rope someone into working with you towards a goal
    - Make a detailed plan in thread about how your character plans to attain their ambitions
    - Find something new for your character to enjoy
    - Build up trust with a character
    - Have your character try a new food or beverage

In closing, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to read this, and I hope you enjoy this seasons theme. If you have any suggestions, or questions, feel free to pm me. Also, make sure to check out the Riverfall codex. It is extremely detailed and contains fun information about the city. I look forward to your participation this season.
Surreal
Retired Staff

Words: 47731
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2020, 11:04 pm
Race: Staff account