March's Featured Thread - Tragedy Repeated!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Gossamer on March 1st, 2011, 7:09 pm

It's that time of the year again! Congrats to the Featured Thread Winner of March, selected by Satu and Stitch who won February's Featured Thread. Jaeden will now be responsible for picking April's Featured Thread and submitting his review by March 15th!

It is simple, at first. A matured Wildlands ranger tracks down his old mentor, just to reconnect after a too much time spent away. The evening goes fine at first, with amusing banter between the two men. It is almost a sweet scene, as if it is an elderly father finally getting to see how his son has matured after a long time away. Just a little time spent watching the scene will give you the idea that these two men are family, even if they aren't. They are about as close as you can get.

But this is Mizahar, right? Nothing is safe for long, especially not within the untamed Wildlands.

An alien creature strikes, and takes a thing most precious to the young ranger. This creature is one that cannot be explained by the minds of mortal men, and why he would seek to bring tragedy crashing down on a once peaceful scene... no one can explain.

The ranger doesn't want an explanation. In the end, he only wants one thing.

Revenge.

Come and read an enthralling tale, one filled with a heartwarming companionship between mentor and student. Read a story filled with heartbreak and tragedy, one that will put you right there with the stricken ranger. Find out about one of the original creatures of Mizahar, and just how horrifying their methodical minds can be.

Just hope that this won't be a Tragedy Repeated.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jilitse on March 1st, 2011, 9:44 pm

Congrats Jaeden!

I love this thread as well. One of my Jaeden favorites, because he showed a lot of Jaeden's serious side - the hunter, the student, the man.

PS. Your charm totally didn't work on Caiyha on this one ;)
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)