Itchy, scratchy and so [Mizuriel]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Brian Gregoric on March 1st, 2011, 7:58 pm

Itchy, scratchy and so

painting-002.jpg
painting-002.jpg (80.33 KiB) Viewed 405 times

1st day of Spring, 511 AV

Brian was standing in the middle of the street of Riverfall, with his left hand on his hip and the right one scratching the back of his tiny neck. An unusual scene indeed, especially in the earliest bell of the dawn.
Wonder why? One word would explain it all- insomnia.

Ever since he had gone through the hell and fire with that damn Papaver Somniferum, Brian was having some serious troubles with sleeping. To be precise- no sleeping. It often made him jittery, and almost never could he stay in his round little room, just sitting in the dark..No, no sir! Even those pointless auroral hikes were more admissible to him.

So, there he was, in the middle of the street, itchy and scratchy, cursing the whole flora for his misery.

Suddenly, he heard some steps behind him and realized he wasn't alone in this obscured dawn of woe. He turned around, with his right hand still glued to the back of his neck, staring at the newcomers- a man (an ugly one, must say) with a horse and a child. For a moment there he was quite confused.

"And I thought I am the one being absurd", he said with a half-giggle in his tone. For all he knew, the man could had been a murderer, a psycho, or whatever. The man could had felt insulted or teased by Brian's words, but he hadn't thought of that. All he had in mind was that there actually had been a living being looking funnier than himself.

"Aren't you a happy little trio! Ha-ha!"
Brian Gregoric
What if I say I'm not like the others?

Words: 13879
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mizuriel on March 1st, 2011, 9:22 pm

It was the day after the celebration of the New Year, morning actually. While they were slowly tracing down the road, he could see that Samantha was in a good mood, and that got him somewhat curious.
It was not usual for her to be all up and jumpy while the other two cornerstones of their group were worn out.

Still even with the current state of things, and the new place he could call a home for now, Mizuriel still needed some alone time every now and then. He slided out of the bed just before the dawn, and was a bit shocked when he found Sam already up and awake. Not really wasting too much time, he was quick to disappear into the streets, brining Beldred along as well. The pony was still young and was restless at times, and even while he did not have much of an appreciation towards morning lights, this was probably the best chance for a walk he could possibly get in the next few days.

At the sudden words of a yet unseen stranger, the man stopped, and shortly after the other two did as well. Samantha turned around first, slight annoyance present on her face as she glared at the adult, sticking her tongue out at him and moving slightly behind Mizuriel as she did. She was a bit afraid, that much was for sure, still the this newfound pest held little interest, and even the pony seemed to dislike him, so Mizuriel was not really trying to be too nice when he spoke back: “I guess we truly are a strange sight. What about you, are you usually this annoying or is this our lucky day?” a hint of sarcasm was present in his voice as he became silent again.

Slowly analyzing the man, he wondered if he should just walk away this very instant and leave the annoyance behind. Still, what he had learned in his short days at The Sanctuary, was that companionship was a good thing, and if nothing else, he could hardly push people away forever
Mizuriel
The ugliest around, and quite proud of it xD

Words: 63255
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2011, 8:59 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brian Gregoric on March 1st, 2011, 10:00 pm

Not knowing what to expect, or whether to expect anything, Brian found himself quite amused by the sarcastic response of the early riser. In fact, so amused that he forgot all about the annoying scratch and unglued the hand from the back of his neck. For one moment there he was actually thinking of offering a handshake to that unusually ugly man, but he changed his mind after realizing how awkward it would be, since they had had a not very perfect encounter.

He noticed how conspicuously the stranger was staring at him, and he fought back, glowering at him as prominent as he could. Seeing the little slobbering brat's tongue sticking out made him laugh a bit, but he also felt a little sting of annoyance.

"Annoying? I like to associate myself with slightly different adjectives. Diverting, perhaps?", he replied to the poignant question. Maybe under some different circumstances Brian might had been slightly more polite, but not that day. Not with that hideous neck scratch coming back again.

Still, he wasn't intending to start a fight with the man he had never seen before and who had never done him harm. Why make a fuss about one merely sudden meeting.

"Well, one way or another... Diverting, annoying, as you wish... I can't not wonder what brings you here, at this early bell?"

Brian turned his way to a bit friendlier, not wanting to chase the potential company away, treating them with one of his most compelling grins.
Brian Gregoric

Character sheet

Postby Mizuriel on March 2nd, 2011, 2:12 am

The stranger shifted moods quickly, almost as if he was glad that Mizuriel had written him off as a pest. That made him wonder was the boy even sane, well that might have been a bit overboard, but he seemed a bit ticked off in the head. When he spoke again, the pest seemed to try and appeal himself to the trio, while playing what looked like a jester. Samantha still seemed to dislike the fellow, as she was still glaring at him. The fear however, was evidently gone from her mind, as she was stepping in front the man.

Mizuriel disliked the girl being so close to such a conspicuous man, so he stepped up in front of her, barely pulling her small hand backwards. He had decided he would deplete a few more moments with the man before moving onward, after all, it was a stupid thing to make enemies. Pretty much anyone would nod at his thoughts, but even more so, it was not a good idea to treat strangers roughly, even if they were a little tipped off.

“I think I will stick with annoying for now, thank you. In any case, what might your name be?” Mizuriel spoke softly, looking at Sam the entire time. He simply did not feel comfortable answering the questions of strangers, but there was no reason to make his resolution so obvious. The way he figured it, the newcomer would linger around a while longer, until his patience runs out.

Looking at the man again, a bit better this time, he could notice a couple of things about his appearance. The man was shorter than him, he looked a bit like a girl, and a bit like a boy; All in all he looked like the wind could blow him off his feet, even more so if it had Mizuriel’s fist to support it. Sighing to himself, he was now relinquished of worrisome thoughts, as in his eyes, the man was slightly a bit more than completely harmless. He wondered should he return to The Sanctuary yet, because even with the lengthy party, someone was bound to wake up soon, and it was not the smartest of ideas to simply vanish like he did.
Mizuriel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brian Gregoric on March 2nd, 2011, 3:12 pm

The stranger seemed too mysterious for Brian's taste. Not the fact he hadn't heard his name, but something else - there was no single thing, no emotion nor a hint of one that he could read of the man's face. And that exaggeration over the little brat of him. Brian knew how he looked, so it was reasonable to asume that others didn't see him as a danger. Or a brat-eater.
So that's why he decided to stay on the safe side and not get too close to the leader of a happy trio.

"I'm Brian."

He pronounced his own name with a bit too loud, with an overdose of pride, not offering a handshake, staying in the very same spot the whole time.
"And I am honored with the presence of...who, if I may ask?"

Brian noticed how conceited and ridged the stranger looked. He was glaring at Brian with a spark of non deserved superiority, and it was driving him insane. Who the hell was he? And who the hell gave him the right to look down to Brian?
But one thing, one thought held in Brian's brain- he hoped the freak had found his last question as sarcastic as intended.
Brian Gregoric

Character sheet

Postby Mizuriel on March 2nd, 2011, 10:56 pm

So the stranger’s name was Brian, well one thing was for sure, the name itself hardly suited the man. A smirk appeared on his face as he was fighting to choke up the laughter that was born from thoughts of names more fitting for the being in front of him. Not wanting it to look like he was mocking the man, he spoke up briefly: “That name has a mild tone to it, Brian” he did not try to be sarcastic, but was trying to make a note to himself. He was bad at these things, and there was no need to pretend it was otherwise.

Even while Brian seemed to come off as well tempered at best, it was his possible worst that got Mizuriel ready on his toes. When the man shot sarcasm at him, it took him a couple of moments to figure out what the man had implied, but once he did, he was quite ready to make Brian reap the fruits of his demeanor.

“Honored? It hardly does you justice to belittle yourself the way you do, after all, there is more to life than just height.” as he ended the sentence, he coughed a bit on purpose, just to make a more obvious statement. “People call me Mizuriel, I am yet to obtain a nickname I guess. She is Samantha, people usually call her Sam, I can’t warrant that she will respond to most people. The pony standing behind us is Beldred, he however will probably not notice you unless you feed him.” He did his best not to be hostile even while provoked, but it was hard not to poke at a man with so many obvious ego issues.

“What might your business here be in this fine hour?” Mizuriel figured it was probably not too late to salvage what little was left of contact between them. While poking at the man could amuse him momentarily, it was not a healthy habit, so he was trying to drop it now that he had the chance.
Mizuriel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brian Gregoric on March 4th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Note number one - sarcastic insults go both ways.
Brian believed that pointing out the fact early-riser's name could had easily been associated with misery would be pointless, for it would cause nothing more than a series of mutual bickering, so he dropped the thought.
However, something appeared on stranger's, now known as Mizuriel, face - refraining.

Brian took a chime or two to straighten things in his mind, and he came to the following conclusion - he was bestowing his time to a gringo, with some obvious issues (according to the overly possessive way he treated the little girl besides him), to the same brat who had recently presented him with the inside of her mouth hole, and to a horse, who didn't find him at least interesting without sugar cubes in his hands. Not just was he giving away time, but he was giving away his patience, words and attention. And yet, he did find it somewhat entertaining. He couldn't had not wondered whether Mizuriel was the one with issues.
Oh, the sweetness of the sacred irony.

Becoming aware of the sudden silence he caused while taking a trip to the corners of his own mind, he raised his head and noticed the man still looking at him. And the girl. And...the horse.

"Oh, excuse me. I wandered off."
He smiled and blinked a few times before answering Mizuriel's question.

"Strange story it may be. And a long one. Lets just say that the sleep wasn't exhilarated to regale me this time."
Nor the many nights before, he could'd easily added.

"What about you, Mizuriel? Headed somewhere special?"
Brian Gregoric

Character sheet

Postby Mizuriel on March 6th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Tired of all the fighting, and all the thinking, Mizuriel was slowly throwing away any thoughts he might have had that went against the man. Stretching his facial expression from a stern smirk to an all around grin, he tried his best to make up for his previous, possibly too harsh words. Brian seemed to be even more crept out as the silence progressed between the two, well actually four.

Suddenly the man spoke again, and this time he was more civil than before, maybe it was indeed time for a truce? Samantha however seemed to harbor different thoughts, as she kept glaring at Brian almost as if he had stolen her toys. Not really looking down towards Sam now, Mizuriel spoke slowly, as if he was hesitating: “You could say we had trouble sleeping too” he spoke looking down at Samantha, finally seeing her unapproving grimace.

“We are not heading anywhere special, as of yet. Maybe that will change if she pulls on my arm though” he laughed lightly to himself before continuing.

“I needed some time alone, i guess... even if it does not look like I’m alone now. I am not sure if that even makes sense to me, so I won’t blame you for having strange thoughts” he shrugged indifferently.

“How about you? Are you sure you aren’t some crazy stalker who has been following us for some time now? Planning to torture and kill us even?” he added briefly as he shot the man a playful grin.
Mizuriel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brian Gregoric on March 8th, 2011, 9:15 pm

Brian was starting to notice the walls between him and Mizuriel crashing down. It gave him some more confidence and glee to speak to the man, then knowing the fight was unlikely to begin.

"Argh, you saw right through me, haven't you? I knew I should have been more careful."
He joked back.

"If it's any comfort to you, I wasn't intending to be too brutal. No eyes being taken out and eaten was on my mind, so I guess I can be considered an amateur."
He started laughing, to make sure Mizuriel didn't take him seriously.

The girl still seemed cold, or scared, though. Brian didn't really care for her company, but he still felt it was his duty to befriend with her, for she wasn't showing any possibility of unhooking from Mizuriel's leg.

"Well, aren't you a cute little girl, Sam."
He tried to break the ice by speaking to the girl in a way adults do to children, quite sure she wasn't going to buy that.

"Here I am, blabbing myself out here, and I haven't heard a word from you yet."
He said, looking at Samantha, with a friendly smile to prevent himself from looking pushy.
It was sort of comical scene, a grown up person sucking up to a two feet brat. A horse made a sound, a neigh, making it all more ridiculous than it already was.
Brian Gregoric

Character sheet