(Silver Silver Tavern) Give Me a Shot (Rysen)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Aello on March 4th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Spring 3, 511 AV

Aello had just settled into an empty seat at the Silver Silver. The wooden table she had chosen was situated in the corner; to the far left of the tavern, a quiet place in the rather loud tavern. Aello had just put her bow down on the table, and her bag beneath it as Yune hopped down the length of her arm from her left shoulder and onto the table.

Chirp! Chirp! Yune said.

Aello laughed. "Ah yes, we're in a good old tavern. Nothing quite like this one though- the ale is silver, and sure to make one drunk after the first glass or two." Aello paused for a moment and looked around the tavern before leaning into Yune so that her lips nearly touched the bird's beak. "Sometimes, I come in here just so I can watch the drunks. Sometimes, they get into fights and beat each other up. It's quite fun to watch... but then again, it's far more fun to join in," Aello whispered. She paused again before leaning in a little farther as the bird took a half hop back. "But the best part Yune, is what they say, because when they're drunk, they don't know what the heck is coming out of their mouths," Aello whispered, and with that, Aello placed the index finger of her right hand on her lips, and straightened herself up. "Just don't tell love," Aello added as she looked around the bar again.

It appeared just as she remembered- a bunch of wooden tables and chairs, stuffed with people drinking silver ale, and eating cheap food. Today's smelled like lamb. She wasn't in the mood for her own plate though. Much like she wasn't in the mood for a drink, at least right now. The drunks had consumed enough for each of them, she thought. Not only that, but they were so much fun to watch, she thought, as several stumbled as they tried to get up and leave the tavern. Something she would surely miss if any sort of brew had entered her system. The stuff truly did mess with one's mind.

Chirp! CHI-rp! Yune called.

"What is it Yune?" Aello asked as she extended her right hand and began to pet the bird's head. "What do you want love?" The bird continued to chip. "Guess you're hungry," Aello giggled as she reached into her bag and pulled out a few blades of grass. She placed them on the table, a birdie buffet. "Eat up love," Aello said as the bird began to peck at the pile of greens on the table.

A few moments later, a bar maid with dark red hair approached the table. "Can we get you anything?" she asked Aello.

"Nah, not right now, maybe a little later," Aello replied as the maid gave her a curt nod, and then returned to the kitchen.

Stupid barmaids. Can't she see that we're a little preoccupied over here? Aello's brain whispered as Aello watched her go. It was speaking for both of them- Yune and her keeper. The bird who was busy munching away in absolute bliss, and the woman who was stroking the bird's feathers, surveying the area. She was buying her time, waiting for something exciting to happen. Of course, if the process took a little more time than she'd like, she had no problem helping it along.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rysen Londell on March 4th, 2011, 8:37 pm

The morning light crept into Rysen's eyelids and he slowly opened his eyes to the new day. His vision was blurred slightly as he reached his arms behind his head and stretched. It was a little later in the day than he would have preferred to get up but that was most likely due to his lack of sleep. He wanted to lay there longer but he knew he couldn't waste time. Packing up camp needed to be his first priority as he didn't know how people would react if they found him camping around the edge of the lake. The tent was easy so he started there, he tore it down relatively quick and had it rolled and secured away in no time. His stomach roared with hunger so he grabbed his fishing pole. Wrapping the line around his rod he tied the knot securely make sure to wrap around seven times just as he was taught. Next he secured the hook to the line. As far as bait he didn't have much choices; he removed half a loaf of bread from his bag and tore a small piece off. The earlier morning would have been better to fish but that was his own fault. Nearly an hour later he had had enough. Nothing not even a bite. Naturally he blamed the lake for his misfortune today. His stomach reminded him of his failure. He stomped out any remaining coals from his fire the night before. It looked like he was headed back into town.

He went through the routine of entering the city; dealing with the guards and letting them search is bag. He was not in a good mood today he boarded the fairy tired and hungry. Usually he would have made a checklist of what he needed to do today but he didn't care right now. As he stepped back on the docks he looked around at all the people; he was beginning to hate this place. Maybe that was just the hunger talking. Food was first priority right now, nothing else mattered to him at the moment. The Silver Silver stood just ahead of him and that was as good a place as any. He didn't want to go in search of anything now and that was at least familiar to him.

The door flung open and he walked in. There were dark circles under his eyes and a thick layer of scruff covered his face. He tried to smooth out his short brown hair but it didn't help much. Most times when he walked into a room he would quickly analyze everyone for a moment but today he didn't bother. Straight to the bar he order a beer and a leg of lamb. He wasn't complaining about the quality of the food just so long as it was editable. After receiving his order he turned and walked over to a table. He threw his things down and took a seat. His hands swallowed his face as he covered his face a let out a long and heavy sigh. Suddenly through his fingers he noticed a bird on the table, Well that's...unusual, he thought to himself. His gazed continued upward to the woman sitting across from him. Again he sighed and then let slip a quick laugh. He cleared his throat, I'm terribly sorry ma'am I didn't see you there. He was embarrassed but he hid it well; he began to gather his things as he prepared to move to another table.
The greatest strength is having all the power and knowing how not to use it.
Rysen Londell
The Potential Paragon

Words: 35581
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 4:41 am
Character sheet

Postby Aello on March 4th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Aello extended her right hand. She pressed it on top of Rysen's right one. It felt cold, and slightly worn, as though his hands were dry. "It's quite alright," Aello said. Her eyes seemed to be glimmering playfully, "you should sit, it's not as though there are many open seats in the house." Aello smiled as she slid her hand off of his, and left it planted in front of Yune, who was chirping away madly. She had finished her greens, and seemed to be clamoring for more.

"You hungry?" Aello asked. "Or merely afraid of what he's eating?"

The bird continued chirping.

Aello heard footsteps coming from behind her. They were getting louder. A moment later she felt someone tapping on her right shoulder. Aello kicked against the ground with her feet a bit, and inched her chair backwards. It scraped against the hardwood floor. She then turned her head to look over her left shoulder. "Yes?" she said sweetly to the drunken man who was standing over her.

"Hey, wouldja mind getting that stooopid bird too shudup?" the drunken man asked. "It's tooo loud, and it's pissssing me ooooff." The man's words were slurred, and slow to erupt from his mouth. He had obviously consumed a large amount of alcohol.

Just a few more and he'll fall over, Aello's brain giggled as she pushed off the floor with her feet, and the table with her hands. In an instant, the girl had sprung to her feet and grabbed the man by his lapel. Her face was inches from his. His dark brown eyes seemed to be tired; glazed over. Aello's, on the other hand, were burning with an inner flame, as she twisted her left hand inwards, tightening her grip on the lapel. Her lips were mere inches from his, her teeth were clenched, her muscles tense as she pushed him into the wall. She rapidly pulled her dagger out of concealment, and held it an inch from his neck.

"Now you were saying?" Aello said with a sneer as the drunkard gulped. She could sense his fear. His body trembling. The smell of ale on his breath. Her right hand raised the knife a little higher. It was three quarters of an inch from his neck.

"Your stooopid bird should shuddup," he replied. Aello raised the blood-stained knife. The blade rested against his adam's apple.

"Now why don't you do us all a favor?" Aello sneered. "Why don't you just shut up. Sit your fat, lazy arse back down at your table, drink your damned liquor, and then stumble the petch outta here when you're done. At which point, I highly doubt you will so much as be able to begin to recognize the things going around you."

"You wouldn't," the man said.

Aello smiled wickedly as she pressed the blade into his flesh. "Really?" she said.

The man gulped. Aello let up a little on the dagger. "Now, have we reached a level of understanding?"

The man nodded nervously and Aello lowered her dagger. She returned it to its hiding place and then let go of the man's lapel. She took a half step back, and the drunken man staggered to the other end of the tavern. Aello watched him go with a sickly satisfied smile. She then turned back to her table and sat down.

Yune was rather quiet, and so was the tavern. It wasn't silent, but it certainly wasn't as loud as before. "So, what did you say your name was?" Aello asked, as though nothing had just occurred.

OOCI figured his drunkenness makes him too slow and stupid to do much.

And yay for a crazy pc! Finally! (You can blame it on the magic. It's always the magic).
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rysen Londell on March 5th, 2011, 4:50 am

Rysen watched in confusion as the woman rested her hand on the top of his. He had not expected this reaction at all. Though he did not object to her kindness. Uhh...thanks." was all he managed to say. Don't be so shy he thought to himself, today his mind was slow and not usually as sharp as it was. He tried to smile but it probably came off as an awkward grin. his cheecks started to burn and he assumed that they were a bright red in color right about now. This was not at all like himself; he told himself that he would get more sleep starting tonight. He turned his eyes towards the bird on the table and chuckled, "Hey there little friend." His mind began to drift as he pondered how the woman came about the bird and how it was so well behaved as to not simply fly away.

He had heard the man's voice but paid no attention as it more than likely didn't concern him. Just then the woman suddenly sprang to her feet. he watched in amazement as she through the man, who was nearly twice her size, into the wall. He tore a piece of food off in his mouth, deciding that even this wouldn't get his mind off food. He knew the quality wasn't the best but it tasted so good to him at the moment. The woman had another move to make as she pulled a dagger on the man. Rysen froze along with most people who had seen it. He had always been clumsy with a blade and although he had been in very few fights, he preferred to fight with his hands where he at least felt somewhat comfortable. Actually Rysen fought best with his words, he prided himself in avoiding physical violence as he was not the strongest fighter. But this woman had no problem with that it seemed; he noticed that the dagger had a red hue to it. Blood, it was stained with blood, she was definitely no stranger with her blade.

He was certainly surprised by the woman and he was very much hoping that she would not kill this man. That would be just his luck, somehow he would be considered an accomplice to commit murder. Relief set in as she lowered her dagger and the man stumbled away. And like that she was back, as if nothing had happened. But honestly after a stunt like that he was not surprised that she was acting so casually. It must be how people here handle their business. "You're certainly very persuasive.' In all honesty this had got his blood pumping and he felt slightly better now. Obviously this woman was not one that he wanted to upset and be on her badside. Rule number one, do not mess with the bird. He smiled at the thought. "Names Rysen, good to meet you. And you may I ask are you?"
Last edited by Rysen Londell on March 7th, 2011, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rysen Londell
The Potential Paragon

Character sheet

Postby Aello on March 5th, 2011, 4:23 pm

"Thanks for the compliment," Aello replied as she extended her right hand towards Yune, and began to pet the bird's head. "Appreciate it," she added, before she was silent for quite some time.

Aello was concentrating on the man as he ate. Breathing in through the nose, out through the mouth. Concentrating, wondering how he thought about her after her little incident with the drunken man. Within seconds, an emerald green mist became visible. It swirled around his head and the rest of his features. The mist was nearly transparent, and was most concentrated around his head. She knew it was the man's aura, and also a good sign. Green was usually associated with healers, generally peaceful people. Aello turned her head to the left, and peered at a neighboring table. Having broken her concentration, the aura disappeared in a puff of smoke, and Aello found herself with heavy-feeling eyes. Stupid magic, her brain muttered as she turned back to Rysen.

Aello lifted her fingers from the top of Yune's head, and drew her hand back to her own side of the table. "Aello," she finally replied, rather simply. "The sparrow," she began as she glanced down at the bird and then back up at Rysen, "is Yune." Aello's eyes were flashing playfully despite their newfound exhaustion. She simply could not get enough of his eyes... green like his aura. She didn't know what it was about eyes, but she always felt so drawn to them, and couldn't help but feel as though one's entire story was written within their confines. If only one could read the eyes, they could read the entire person.

"So what are you doing in Ravok?" Aello asked. "You don't really seem the type." Aello commented. "Especially not one to drink this early in the day, even if it is with a meal." But then again she could always be wrong. She had been wrong before, about several things, and on several different occasions. But this time, she was pretty sure that her analysis had been spot-on. But he could have had a rough night, and needed to drown it out now with a drink or two. Women can be as unpredictable and crazy as you Aello.

First of all, what is that supposed to mean? another portion of Aello's brain asked. And you do know that you're part of the same person, don't you? *Mumble Mumble Hypocrites, Mumble Mumble*

But of course, and simply, that woman, especially our lovely Aello, are rather unpredictable, the other side of Aello's brain replied.

*Snorts* Whatever you say, the left side replied, ending their conversation. Aello merely smiled shyly, almost tiredly up at Rysen as her brain argued amongst itself as she watched him eat. She was ignoring the argument, so as not to shout at them in the middle of everything and make a fool of herself.

"So how's the food here anyway?" Aello asked.

OOCYune and Aello met in the forest on the 73 of last season. Yune had broken her wing and Aello fixed it up. Yune is probably in the last few stages of her recovery, hence why she tends not to fly away. Slash she likes that Aello feeds her yummy berries and grass. >.<
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rysen Londell on March 7th, 2011, 1:37 am

Rysen continued with his meal until he had finished. He had a strange feeling about this woman. She seemed to be studying him very closely which made he slightly uncomfortable. He wasn't sure how to react to her especially after the scene that had just taken place. He tried to ignore it and pretend like nothing was out of the the ordinary. She had been silent for some time and he was taken aback when she very bluntly told him her name after being quiet for such a time. Regardless he would not question her motives about all of it, not yet anyway.

Then she asked him the question that he so very much dreaded. He really never had much of a plan when he came to Ravok. In fact he really didn't even have much of a plan when he left his home in Zeltiva. In this regard he considered himself a failure. For so long he had a great plan of where his life would take him. But unfortunately that all changed when he learned the dirty little secret behind politics, most of it is driven by greed. "Well...I just happened to be passing by...To be perfectly honest though, I guess I just needed a change of venue." He finished off the last of his beer and slammed the mug upside down on the table. "And as for that, you're right I'm usually not the type. But I guess you say I've had a rough day so far." He let out a sharp but hardy laugh. He looked down at Yune who was chirping away, he wondered how the woman came about such a companion."I've certainly had better food elsewhere, however this has been decent enough for me. I'm not too picky though."
Last edited by Rysen Londell on March 7th, 2011, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rysen Londell
The Potential Paragon

Character sheet

Postby Aello on March 7th, 2011, 3:46 am

"Well that's good," Aello commented simply. "Suppose I needed a change of scenery myself. Got sick of the forests, and needed something slightly more... civilized." Aello giggled. "Suppose one doesn't realize what they're getting themselves into until they show up and stuff starts to happen. Soon enough they find themselves in uncomfortable and dangerous situations, wonder how they got there, and pray to any god who will listen to save them. If they are saved, they promptly, become devout followers to the likes of Rhysol, or... well, if they die, they move on and wonder whatever possessed them to come here in the first place." Aello giggled, she was rambling on and on about nothing in particular. She wondered if Rysen even knew what she had been talking about anymore.

"Anyway," Aello began, "how long have you been here, and where are you staying? Surely you're too new to the city to have your own place?" She felt like she was asking a million questions, and for once in her life, much like her bird, she wasn't shutting up. But then again, she had to make up for Rysen's apparent shy nature, now didn't she? Perhaps he'd even warm up to her eventually, and actually TALK. After all, the generally one-sided conversation was getting kind of tiring. It made Aello feel as though she were talking to herself.

"Perhaps you stay close to the water? Or the forests?" Aello inquired. "No offense, but you don't seem much of the foresty type. Definitely not a hunter, are you? At least, if you are, you left your weapon at home, because I sure as heck don't see anything. But then again... you could always use a dagger. Although, unless you threw the things, they'd more than likely be useless when one was hunting."

Another tap on her right shoulder. Another drunken man. They were all the same. When she had turned to face him, Aello muttered, "yes?"

"Quiet down miss," the guy said. Aello shook her head. "Want a knife to your throat too?" she asked. The man shook his head and slunk off.

"Some people," Aello muttered under her breath. Rysen must have found her so strange...
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rysen Londell on March 7th, 2011, 10:23 pm

After getting his stomach full and some alcohol in him he was feeling much better. His mood was changing and he was feeling much like his usual self again. He listened to the woman as she rambled on and and on. He looked at her intently as she spoke with a slight grin on his face. She had asked so many things that he wasn't sure where to start, so instead he chuckled to himself. "Well where to begin?" He laughed again as he gathered his thoughts together in his head. "I just arrived a few days ago and your right I don't have a place in the city so I've been camping out on the outskirts of the lake. And no I'm afraid I'm not much of a hunter, however I have a fishing rod and know how to use. Suffice to say I've been eating a lot of fish lately."

He stopped for a second and wondered why she wanted to know so much. He wasn't normally paranoid but he took care not to reveal to much. He did have a small fishing knife tucked into his belt but you could hardly call that a weapon. He was quiet for a time thinking to himself. He glanced at the bird then back to the woman. "So what about you huh? You seem like you know how to use that pretty pretty well. He motioned towards her dagger. And you carry a bow. So where did you learn it all hmmm? And what about you're little friend here?"
Rysen Londell
The Potential Paragon

Character sheet

Postby Aello on March 7th, 2011, 11:03 pm

"Well seafood is always good," Aello commented, "certainly better than nothing anyway." Yune was chirping merrily on the table, as though expressing her agreement, or perhaps, her happiness at hearing something or someone like her wasn't ever on the man's menu. Perhaps his words made her feel safe, and slightly more comfortable around Rysen.

Aello smiled shyly, her eyes sparkled. She extended her right hand and brushed her fingertips over Yune's wings. "Arrived last season, spend most of my nights under the stars. Sometimes in the streets, sometimes in the wilderness by the side of a raging fire. How else would one spend their time if they have no true home?" Aello asked.

Aello retracted her hands and folded them atop the table, close to her chest. Aello leaned in a bit as she spoke next, "and in all honesty, I'm not very skilled with the dagger. Thankfully, it is rather easy for one to make it look like they are, however." With that, Aello leaned back into her chair, "the bow, well, suffice it to say I picked it up as I went along. It wasn't always easy though, nothing ever is when one first starts trying." Aello paused for a moment, "suppose that's what practice is for. It sure does make everything far easier."

Yune took a half hop closer to Aello. "And what is it you wish to know about Yune here?" Aello asked, as she gestured towards the bird with her eyes. "Especially when there is so little to know... and whatever there is, is rather obvious..." Aello continued. "From what one can tell, she's a golden crowned sparrow, more than likely full-grown... her wing's still on the mend. It was broken during the winter time, gods only know how." Aello paused again, "what else is there to know about her?"
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rysen Londell on March 7th, 2011, 11:27 pm

"Its just I've never seen someone have a wild sparrow for a pet, that's all. Rysen thought back to the Aello's encounter with the drunken man, that dagger had been stained with blood which meant that it had seen so action, whether she wanted to admit it or not. he would not press the issue but she could have fooled him. "I've always been fairly clumsy with a blade so any fighting I do is with these." he held up his fists covered by his plated gauntlets which looked rather out of place on him. Having grown up in Zeltiva he had seen his share of bar brawls with the sailors and even participated on a few occasions when he had drank a little to much.

However and elderly man had taught him more that just brawling on his travels. From him Rysen learned good form and how to use an opponent's weight and force against him. You be fluid in your movements, like water. That had always been what the man had taught him. Although he was hardly an expert in hand to hand barely a novice in fact. but he felt confident against any drunkard who wanted to start any trouble.
Rysen Londell
The Potential Paragon

Character sheet

Next