[Silver Lake] Not His Kind of Party (Shri)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Jyo on March 6th, 2011, 5:54 am

40th day of Spring, 511.

"There's something wrong with this city too." Jyo said to no one in particular as he relaxed in front of the Silver Lake. His whirlwind tour of the city had basically just been him wandering around for a few hours while he tried to get his bearings. Honestly, he could travel the world searching for a way to right the wrongs he saw, but that'd be no good if he was constantly stuck in culture shock.

He didn't fit in here, either. Everyone here was too clean and kind of strange looking. And a city without men wasn't right. That was just one step away from a city without people. And he saw signs of the same things he saw in Syliras. Subversive control. The people didn't need this. What did they need?

He hadn't found anything to do here that changed him. This wasn't the kind of city he'd been searching for. Still, he had to admit the scenery was nice. He could sit here and soak up the light and the still water, and maybe he'd try singing in a bit.

But something about this place was stifling. He felt watched. Judged. It wasn't as obvious as in Syliras, but it was still there. He tugged at the dirty collar of his cloak. This place needed some loudness, it needed some noise and fire.

He started to sing.
Kiss me fast cuz there's no time to lose.
Leave the light on I'll be back for you.
If I die tonight it'll be doing what I know is right.
Jyo
Not afraid to fight.

Words: 3772
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2011, 1:10 am
Race: Human

Postby Shri on March 6th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Shri grabbed a book and a pencil, and started searching for things that would inspire her to write. She saw many beautiful plants through the city, but she's already wrote too much poetry about flowers. She looks at the sky, it's pretty but not a good subject for poetry.

She passes a body of water. 'Maybe I could go swimming, and that could inspire me' She sits down at the edge of the water, and dips her feet in. She splashes into the water full clothed.

As she's swimming, she notices a male human in the town. He looks confused. Shri starts to wonder what he is doing in Mura. Maybe the human could inpire her. Shri swims to the edge and pulls herself up out of the water. She starts shaking herself, until enough water has come off of her body.

When she starts walking toward this human, he starts to sing. Loudly. Shri glances around. Everybody is staring at him with a confused and disgusted look on their faces. Shri runs toward him, and gently puts her hand over his mouth.

"What are you doing!?!"
Shri
Love is a Piece of Art

Words: 14432
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 9:22 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Jyo on March 8th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Jyo's eyes widened as one of Konti, who were apparently all women to a person, lunged out of the water and straight at him. Suave as he was, this kind of behavior wasn't really common back in Syliras. For the first few moments all Jyo could do was blush. She wasn't really restraining him, I mean, hell, she probably weighed half of what he did, soaking wet (Which, a small part of his brain reminded him, she was) but he complied mostly out of surprise.

His face hardened a bit once she spoke though, and he grabbed her wrist and pulled her hand from his mouth. "Let me guess, no singing here? Some law against music?" There really was something wrong with this city. Would it be like this everywhere he went. Everywhere he looked? Was there nowhere in this world where a man would be allowed to just be?

Jyo's brown eyes locked into the Konti's own, as if daring her to blink. She seemed older than him, although most people were, and she definitely had the lay of the land a lot better than he did, but Jyo was over it. He wasn't going to be told what to say by anyone any more. Freedom was a drug, and he wasn't going to go back to the life he had once lived.

He was still holding her wrist.
Jyo
Not afraid to fight.

Postby Shri on March 8th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Shri stares at this stranger. Loudly Singing? Does he even know where he is? Questions fill her mind, who is he? And why is he here? She watches as the colour of his cheeks turn bright red. Great, she embarresed him. Technically, if he knew what he was doing he would be embarresed without her help. She stares into his brown eyes, still with a shocked expression on her face.

As he pulls Shri's hand off of his mouth, her wrist becomes red with pain but her face shows nothing. She probably shouldn't have shut him up, this guy was strong and he probably weighed twice the amount she did. He could take her down in seconds, probably milliseconds. With the fragile bones in her body, and her having no experience with fighting, he could kill her. The only resource that she has is running, but he's already got her. Her face has a hint of fear showing.

Shri listens as he speaks. He definately doesn't know why he's here. 'He must be a traveller' She thinks.

"Do you even know where you are? Mura, a city of peace. We Kontis' are a quiet species."

She looks down at her wrist. It's turning blue, he's cutting off her circulation.

"And can you let go of my wrist, please?"
Shri
Love is a Piece of Art

Character sheet

Postby Jyo on March 9th, 2011, 12:13 am

Jyo's eyes widened in shock and he let go of her wrist instantly. Shit. He murmured some apology. "I really wasn't grabbing it that hard." He said. Either he didn't know his own strength, these Konti folk were more fragile than he thought, or else all this talk about freedom and regulations had him clenching his fist unconsciously. He didn't even realize he was still holding onto her arm until she pointed it out. He certainly hadn't been trying to hurt anyone.

He was ready and willing to continue the political debate on the nature of the city, but given what had just transpired, it seemed more prudent to just let the matter drop for now. "I'm sorry, I guess... I don't know my own strength. In my lungs or my hands. This city seems a lot like Syliras, it's all too familiar." He stood, turning to go. "There's nothing here for me. I should leave this city. It's nowhere a man like me would ever belong."

He'd have to set out on the road again, searching for another place where he could try and be who he was.
Jyo
Not afraid to fight.

Postby Shri on March 9th, 2011, 12:37 am

Shri listens to his crappy excuse for an apology. She looks down at her hand, it's better now that no ones cutting off her circulation. Though, now there's a hand mark, it's probably going to bruise. Realizing now, he probably wasn't trying to hurt her or anything. She looks up, making eye contact with the stranger. A forgiving expression is on her face. She closes her eyes for a few seconds. Where they are standing, she can smell the beautiful scent of roses. Her favourite type of flower. The scent to her, is mesmerizing. She sniffs the smell into her nose, wanting more.

When she opens her eyes again, that the stranger turned away from her and started to walk away. Something makes her want to know more about him. Shri quickly walks toward him, and put's her hand on her shoulder.

"Wait."
Shri
Love is a Piece of Art

Character sheet