[Surya Plaza] Angels Fall First (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Lenokai on March 8th, 2011, 10:42 pm

First of Spring, 511. Midday.

The light faded, and Lenokai felt a strangely familiar sensation rub uncomfortably against his skin. He was calm, still, like just waking up from a dream, but when he opened his eyes something felt wrong. It was too dark. Why was it so dark? He felt a panic fill him, a strange fear that he knew something had gone terribly wrong. He remembered this. He remembered something. Something important. He opened his mouth to shout out what it was and felt the water rush into his lungs. The sensation was so alien and cold that the memory vanished, and a host of former ones filled their place. Mortal memories. Memories of water, of breathing, and of darkness. It was so dark here.

He surfaced, his blond hair slicked back from the water. His obsidian horns glistened in the noonday sun, and even his skin seemed to glow from a reflecting light. If he had looked around then, he would have seen a few stares from some of the residents of Surya Plaza. For he had had the interesting luck of falling into one of the pools that sits in the plaza. It was the middle of the day, but even then, there were always people who loitered here when good men were in bed. Many of them had seen Ethaefal before, but few had witnessed a sight like this. Len's first moments back on Creation were surely more public than he would have liked.

He wasn't thinking about that, though, because he was not looking around then. He was staring straight into the sky, at his love, his mistress. Syna. She burned so hot and so bright, and so far. Even then, he couldn't even stare for more than a moment before the brightness burned his eyes and brought tears. Tears that didn't just come from the sun's brightness. He turned away. "No. No. No!" He shouted, bringing his hands to his face. "I couldn't... I didn't... I shouldn't. Syna! You should not have forgotten me!" He raged. Then it was gone. The snarl that had twisted his beautiful features was replaced by a small cold smile, but the tears flowed nonetheless. Shamelessly.

He was apparently calm, there was a quiet dignity to his crying, even, but not even he had realized he was clenching his fists so tightly that his nails had drawn blood on his uncalloused palms. He did not deserve this fate. No one did. He would never forget the light, and now it burned. He slowly became aware of his surroundings. Other, dark, ugly little creatures scurrying around. He remembered what things were supposed to be like now. His mortal memories were infecting his now lost purity. He needed to get out of here.

He swam to the edge, dragged himself out, and stood. Perfectly naked, lithe and glowing, that small smile still on his face, tears streaming down his cheeks. He raised his hand to his eyes and the smile widened, but he couldn't remove the bitterness it represented. His hands shook.
Lenokai
Player

Words: 2086
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2011, 11:55 pm
Race: Ethaefal

Postby Raiyari on March 9th, 2011, 9:41 am

Raiyari rubbed her eyes, attempting to banish the imminent sleepiness that had plagued her ever since the sun had risen. Yet, her training did not permit any sluggishness in her duties, and she patrolled carefully down the Surya Plaza, keeping an eye out for behavior of a less than savory nature. Of course, there was always the off-chance that newcomers to the city, assuming that it went by regular day-time schedule, might need assistance.

But today, it seemed that no such ordinary things were going to happen. No newcomers stumbled through the beautiful streets, no pickpockets or decent folk were out at this hour. There were very few people about, and none of them seemed to be doing anything that merited assistance or investigation.

Except of course, the man who was currently swimming in one of the fountains.

Rai sighed, wiping the sleepiness off her face and donning her usual polite mask. Every so often, there was someone who felt like making trouble. And one of the most embarrassing experiences that someone on patrol near the Surya Plaza will ultimately encounter would be fishing someone out of a fountain. A while back, Rai'd had to do so for a couple of children on a dare. Lhavitian children were relatively easy to handle. A proper scolding from a Shinya had properly shamed them, and they'd trudged home wet and silently. However, today didn't seem like one of those days. There were no children in the fountain, only a full grown man.

"Sir, I'll have to ask you-" she called out, then stopped as she realized that he was pulling himself out of the water. The young Shinya walked forwards, intending to give him a hand, but he'd dragged himself out by then. Much taller than she was, this stranger simply stood there, smiling a beautifully cold smile, and altogether unclothed.

Her cheeks reddened as she averted her eyes politely. Raiyari had trained for years under the Shinya, had fought for her Goddess, and had killed to preserve life. She considered herself lucky to be prepared with such experiences so that she could protect her city. In this, she was totally unprepared. For who can expect to see a unashamed naked man standing in front of them, in the middle of their patrol, no less?

Still looking away, she bowed politely, pulling off the dark blue cloak that had been hanging down her back. Gingerly, Rai stood on tiptoes to attempt to sling it around the stranger's shoulders. She couldn't have naked men, who were obviously foreign, wandering about. Not on her patrol!

"Did you decide to take a midday swim, or is there something I should know about?" Rai asked in a polite voice.
Raiyari
Duty and Honor

Words: 48701
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2011, 10:49 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 10th, 2011, 11:09 am

Newly arrived in the city of stars, Soren was in awe. The mountain peaks speared into the sky, taller than he had expected. The buildings were magnificent in their own way, far diffrent from the tents of his childhood and the mighty city of Riverfall. His strider, Talkinum, Snorted and nipped at him. "Ouch, Tal! Oh right, sorry old friend." Soren turned and dug into one of the saddlebags on the white and brown horse. Finally he pulled out a dried apple, offering it to Tal. The horse crunched down on it, quickly gulping down the small snack. A white fox sleepily lifted its head from the other saddlebag. She climed out onto Tal's back and stretched, cat-like and sat, tail wrapped around her feet. "Ah Mika. Awake now are you?" The fox glared at him and chittered scoldingly. "I was just teasing. Don't get your fur in a bunch." At this, a common ritual for them, Mika jumped lighty to the ground and padded out a couple steps in front of them.

The trio walked through the quiet streets only seeing another person every now and then. Eventually they reached an open plaza. Mika suddenly stopped, and almost fell over laughing, an odd squeaking sound. Soren soon noticed why the fox had burst out. "Mika hush. Don't be rude, though I admit its a pecilular sight. When I came here I expected to see some magic. Hell, maybe even go dancing or something. I never expected a naked man splashing in a fountain." At this Tal snorted in amusment. "What? I can dance...sorta. The man quit splashing and climbed from the pool. The trio noticed the horns then, and Soren saw the third occupant of the plaza. His breath caught in his throat.

Soren had seen the Shinya before, the proud, dangerous protectors of Lhavit and its residents. He had also seen women before, but living with the Akalak they were an uncommon sight. Due to this Soren found all of the fairer sex stunning and intelligent company. This Shinya, this girl was different, not much older, if at all than Soren. Slender with gloss black hair, olive skin and almond eyes she was beautiful like a well made sword. beautifully deadly you could say.

His eyes locked on her, Soren watched as she approched the man. Tal started nudging him foward to the fountain, the man...and more importently the woman. They slowly walked across the plaza. Mika had quickly realized what Soren had become so focused. Suddenly he snapped out of the daze. Noticing how close to the girl he was Soren spun around and tried to walk back but Tal blocked his path, Mika on the strider's back, chatting angrilly.

"Keep it down Mika! I can't talk to her, she'd cut me down in an instant." He looked at the Shinya, noting the curved sword at her side. He turned back. Mika said nothing, glaring at him. He threw up his hands in exasperation. "Fine. Ill talk to her. If I die its your fault." Mika just grinned.

Soren turned and walked briskly to the horned man an the Shinya, horse and fox a few steps behind him. He watched as she stood on tiptoes tossing her cloak around the man. She asked the man something, but Soren couldn't hear over his heart poundin in his ears. Reachng them, Soren bowed low as was the greeting in Lhavit. He stood, noticing the girl was slightly shorter than him. His mouth dry he choked out a greeting. "hck..uh Hi. I'm S..Soren. Can I or..errm do you need some help." He could his face heating up, but he kept his eyes locked to hers. Soren wished he could just sink into the earth.
Soren Thundersong
Nvr respected, Always forgotten

Words: 26915
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet