PM to join Rockin' and Rollin'

[Starglow Spa job thread]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Rockin' and Rollin'

Postby Baiya on April 16th, 2021, 10:01 pm

39th of Spring, 521

"We're what?!"

"Hush." A'shra scolded. Her voice was firm, but soft enough that it hardly carried through the room, much less echoing down the halls like Baiya's did. "We're not using water today. The Shinya are investigating, but until they find out how to prevent people from getting sick, it isn't worth the risk."

"How am I supposed to do my massages, then? I use warm water as an opener for everything! That's how I heat all my tools and how I keep things clean and..." Baiya drifted off with a huff.

A'shra gave the young masseuse a disappointed look out of the corner of her eye. "Tawnya will show you." Her tone left no room for argument, so despite the frustration and confusion in her head, Baiya nodded in deference to her boss. Sensing the end of the conversation, A'shra turned and led the way to a room down the hall. With a hand on her shoulder, she dropped Baiya off in the room as if she were dropping off a child at preschool. It was not inaccurate, Baiya thought as she greeted her teacher for the morning.

"Tawnya." She gave a small bow. The Dhani returned the move silently.

"What are we doing?" Baiya asked, pushing for answers immediately. "How are we even expected to work like this? I should have told them I was going home. Honestly people are dying, why am I even here?"

Tawnya smiled and raised a single finger to her lips, refusing to give in to Baiya's interrogation so soon. With one hand, she gestured across the room to what looked like a tiny oven made of clay. Inside, several smooth rocks lay in wait.

"Yeah? What's that for?" Baiya crossed her arms, refusing to give in to her own curiosity. But Tawnya knew well enough that the young Kelvic would not be able to resist learning something new. She swayed toward the oven. She moved to her own beat, the rocking of her body two-fold. She both developed a rhythm to work to and successfully blocked Baiya's view of her techniques, forcing her student in closer if she wanted to learn.

Cursing under her breath, Baiya moved in closer. "Fine. Show me."

Tawnya looked over her shoulder and winked, finally uttering the first words since their conversation had started. "Watch."

She picked up a well-loved flint and steel from beside the oven. The muscles in her strong arms flexed as she struck the two against each other in a sliding motion, moving to the same rhythm as her body. The sparks jumped off the stone, catching some heavily charred pieces in the bottom of the oven and eventually, with a bit of coaxing breath, the fire raised itself from the ground. Tawnya gently replaced the flint and steel and moved the smooth rocks inside the oven to a lower position, where they were just kissed by the flames.

"You see?" She prompted.

Baiya nodded. "Yeah, I see." But she most certainly did not.

Wordcount501
Finals season has completely drained me of writing. Please stand by.
Baiya
Player

Words: 50485
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2019, 6:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Rockin' and Rollin'

Postby Ayosel on April 18th, 2021, 1:46 am

Ayosel swept into the Starglow Spa just after sunset having paused to drink in the sight off the beautiful view that the place offered. She came in looking a little windblown for the trouble and wrapped up in her cloak as if made just slightly uncomfortable from the balmy spring mountain air.

"Evening," said the Iyvess when she strode in as she unclasped her cloak and removed it to drape over her gnosis forearm, the static droplets of rain sitting unobtrusively and weirdly shimmery as if constantly wet and about to run off her skin. She had a way of talking that made her words come out drawn and husky, an obvious sibilance that she liked to bite off but had relaxed off of doing. A shinya, one of the few she was starting to recognize wherever she went and was beginning to anticipate the rotation into new faces, entered not too long after her and lurked unobtrusively with a curt nod. Ayosel seemed unbothered by the guarded attention levied her by this man and rather went about approaching whomever was available to ask in regards to services offered. In the Zinrah nest there had been a Viper who'd offered care to dhani bodies and now that she was out and long gone she kind of missed the attention.
Ayosel
a shining new era.

Words: 31379
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Rockin' and Rollin'

Postby Baiya on April 22nd, 2021, 3:18 pm

39th of Spring, 521

OOCI wasn't sure how to handle the front desk, so I'm going to leave it a little open-ended for you.

At the front desk, A'shra pulled out her small square of paper and a writing utensil. Looking up from beneath her bowed head, she addressed the new patron with a welcoming smile. "How can I help you today?"

She straightened herself up and spoke directly to the patron, ignoring the Shinya entirely. "Just so you know, we aren't using water in our practices until the Shinya have determined it is safe, so bathing is not open for the moment. We can offer you all kind of massage, though."

She went into the different types offered, pushing gently toward the hot stone massage with the preparation done already in mind.

---
Whatever preparation A'shra thought had been done was not quite to the level she had in mind. Tawnya was a patient teacher, as everyone in the Starglow Spa was, but Baiya was not a generous learner.

"Okay." Baiya huffed, growing impatient with her own slow learning skills. She wiped the sweat from her brow as she shuffled a heated rock between her hands again. "Go over it one more time. I get how you place them. Like, it increases pressure and relaxes the area right there, right?" She mimed placing the rocks in the air, as if Tawnya could see and understand the imagined body in front of her. "But then-"

"Ladies? Are you ready?"

Baiya gulped and dropped the rocks to her sides. She gave Tawnya a look full of wide, scared eyes but Tawnya smiled and nodded in return. The sibilance in her voice stood out heavily when she leaned in and whispered encouragingly. "You will learn by experience. It will be better for you than this and I will be there, too."

Baiya took a deep breath to center herself and moved toward the doorway.

"Yes, we're ready." She called.

The women quickly put away the rocks in the heater and scurried to the door to introduce themselves. With a quick bow and a soft smile, they chimed in one at a time.

"Welcome! I'm Baiya."

"I am Tawnya."

"We'll be helping you today. If there is anything we can do to make your stay here at Starglow Spa more comfortable, please let us know." Baiya straightened up and extended a hand to the new customer. "Shall we begin?"

Wordcount381
Finals season has completely drained me of writing. Please stand by.
Baiya
Player

Words: 50485
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2019, 6:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Rockin' and Rollin'

Postby Ayosel on April 25th, 2021, 8:14 pm

The news that bathing wasn't an option was disappointing if not expected and she only waved that off with a mild word of acceptance and the intention to come when water was freely running in Lhavit again.

Not immune to coercion, Ayosel listened to what was offered and took up the hot stone massage as a suitable substitute for a hot bath, the other options not that interesting to her when she was often cold and felt the air to be too dry up here in the mountain. "That would be fine," she told the women. "How much? Is there steam?" That might be something she longed for the most; Zinrah was hot and wet deep in the bowels of the nest, hot pools and glistening rock walls a commonplace feature of the bottommost cavern. The jungle itself was often humid and wet. Lhavit was so far removed, so laid bare and dry, that just a little slice of humidity would revitalize Ayosel and leave her content again.

After paying and giving a passive smile to the shinya who'd stepped in to watch her for a moment, Ayosel followed directions until she found the women who were to do the massage.

"Ayosel," the dhani introduced herself, indicating with a flourish of her hand and a curious tilt of her head. She accepted Baiya's hand, believing her to be offering it in what she'd learned while being here was called a 'handshake' and flashed her teeth in a smile. The hand offered, her dominant one, was the one patterned with lifelike droplets of water that seemed to glisten wetly despite being imprinted on dry skin. "You will have to talk me through what I must do," she said. "--and what this is," she added on as an afterthought.
Ayosel
a shining new era.

Words: 31379
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook