Start there?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Start there?

Postby Reihn on December 10th, 2009, 11:08 pm

I'm hesitant to start out Reihn in the Falyndar Region due to lack of players in the area. But I want to start there because I've worked his backstory all out in my head.

Although timestamping gives a lot of flexibility, it wouldn't be enough to help Reihn interact with PC's that are SUPER far away (of which the vast majority are).

To make matters worse, there's hardly anyone in Kalea either, and a huge part of the ocean separates Cyphrus and Eyktol. Also, Falyndar is the furthest away from Sylira: by far the most active part of the board right now.

I know I could RP with the local moderator and possibly another PC in the area, but that leaves me few options.

I've tried the trailblazer mentality on another PbP board before and it just didn't work. I got so bored being in my own area, and it really defeated the purpose of making a character if I couldn't RP with others.

So, I suppose I could start out in a more active area and say that I traveled there from Falyndar years before so I could interact with more PC's, and then make some Flashback threads in Falyndar to fill in the voids in his story, but that seems too wierd.

Anyone see something I'm missing? Ideas?
Reihn
Scholar at Heart

Words: 6366
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2009, 11:22 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Re: Start there?

Postby Gossamer on December 10th, 2009, 11:11 pm

Sometimes it just takes one cool player to get others to jump on the bandwagon. You just have to be patient... but play where you really want too.. and expect to do a lot of threads with yourself. You can also talk other storytellers or players into 'guest storytelling' for you too so you can have some varied interaction.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Cayenne on December 10th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Hi Reihn,

Part of the reason Falyndar's kind of empty, I think, is because it is pretty inhospitable - you've got the constrictor Dhani lurking and looking for meals under every corner, and then there's the cannibals.

The other part of the reason is that I've been massively busy, and still have so much to do there to continue to develop it.

If you like, you could start in Syliras and say that you've traveled from Falyndar - I'd be happy to RP flashbacks with you. :) Whatever you decide - play where you like and do what you want to do. :)
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Reihn on December 11th, 2009, 1:56 am

Hmm, okay.

I'm still up in the air about it, it would be nice to have at least one other player in the area offer to RP. . .

Thanks for the info. you two :)
Reihn
Scholar at Heart

Words: 6366
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2009, 11:22 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Siiri on December 11th, 2009, 2:38 am

Hi Reihn.

I'd volunteer my character to join you since she's about to leave Taloba, but problem is I have trouble finding time to post due to real life obligations and duties. I haven't even started doing my 'leaving Taloba' thread yet (I'd probly get to do it during the Christmas break). You might get bored waiting.

Just thought I'd toss this in the mix though.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)