Solo Red Paper of Fate?

The Midsummer Festival is held, and Ado plans to partake in this night of passion and heat

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Red Paper of Fate?

Postby Adoian on June 27th, 2021, 11:50 pm

45th of Summer
The Midsummer Festival
Surya Plaza was flooded with more citizens than Ado had seen in one place since last Spring. The newly safe water supply was the leading cause for celebration on this holiday, along with honoring Syna.

Red and yellow streamers, lanterns, garlands, and candles adorned the plaza as people passed traditional pendants of luck and good health to children. The Taiyang did not give one of their fire performances today in fear of a fire spreading through the city. Despite this, spirits were high, and music and laughter echoed throughout the plaza.

The skyglass sparkled under the unforgiving sun, but the intense heat and dryness of the season were all but forgotten in lieu of the festivities. The scent of spiced, roasted yams and Okomo cheese provided by the Fleeting Comet wafted through the air as Ado passed their booth, nodding to the familiar faces of the restauranteurs.

Mhakula Teahouse was selling black tea with Okomo milk at their booth, but today Guzo gave Adoian and Atsuya the day off to join the festivities and celebrations. Ado found his two good friends, Markl and Sienia, and wandered with them, holding a glass of spiced wine that he was greedily downing in search of another.

He was dressed in a pair of cut-off shorts and a light green tunic with no sleeves, unbuttoned most of the way to let in whatever cool air could be had. He had a simple pair of sandals on his feet and his typical blue fluorite. His hair was longer than usual; a trim was the last thing on his mind in the recent seasons, and it curled around his ears, brushing past the nape of his neck.

In his pocket, he carried a red piece of paper with a conversation starter. Lonely souls in search of a partner, a friend, or a night of passion were trading red slips throughout the crowd. Ado wasn’t sure what he was looking for, but his loneliness was getting the better of him, and he found his musings and fantasies distracting him during work.

“Isn’t that something that the villa is prepared to handle?” Markl asked Sienia. He stood about a foot taller than Sienia and several inches over Ado. He was quite muscular, and tan, a fisherman and sailor, and his beard had several bald spots from childhood scars. He was in a similar dress as Ado but wore a large brimmed hat to keep himself in more shade.

“Yes and no. We usually only have one or two pregnancies a season, even fewer births. But this surge is unprecedented. We simply don’t have enough handlers to watch over all of the babies in the villa,” Sienia responded. She worked as a handler at the Okomo Villa, mostly assisting in the Birthing facility. She was a bit shorter than Ado, with long blonde hair held back in a braid and many tattoos up and down her arms and legs, back, and other places that Ado had never seen. She sashayed in a long, red skirt and a white bralette covered by a sheer shawl across her shoulders. Her clothing matched the colors of the festival wonderfully.

Since childhood, the three had been close friends, and Ado loved them as fiercely as if they were blood siblings.

“We’ve had to ask the Shinya to help us keep the calves safe from wild animals.” Ado was half listening, half glancing over the crowd. Since he had danced with Uat Moji last season, his infatuation and curiosity had only grown stronger. He knew it was irrational to search specifically for her, given her passing friendliness and seeming disinterest in getting to know him further.

Nonetheless, Ado was unable to squander the passion he felt for Uat, and he knew his red piece of paper was reserved specifically for her.

*wc: 643

Uat Moji
Last edited by Adoian on June 28th, 2021, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adoian
Tea is always a good idea

Words: 60205
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2021, 2:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Red Paper of Fate?

Postby Adoian on June 28th, 2021, 2:01 am

There, hovering just outside of the densest part of the crowd, Uat stood chatting with a small group of other women. Friends, Ado presumed, adorning tiny slivers of clothing over their chests and loose skirts much like Sienia. They wore many rings, necklaces, bracelets, anklets, and other sorts of jewelry made of cheap stones and skyglass that glittered when turned at the right angle.

The group laughed together, a shared joke too far for Ado to hear. He cleared his throat and fumbled for a bit with his wine glass. He took a large sip, sputtering a bit as the liquid dropped a bit too forcibly down his throat.

“Easy there,” said Markl, giving a pat to Ado’s back. Ado had been trying his best to act natural and blend with the crowd, Half-heartedly going along with whatever his friends were talking about. He nodded and mumbled agreement or dissent when appropriate, keeping a careful eye out as they walked.

She’s bound to be here, he thought. None of the denizens of the city would miss this festival. The return of clean drinking water was like a huge weight lifted off everybody’s shoulders. Ado walked a little lighter, knowing he wouldn’t have to make the trek back and forth from the teahouse to the Amaranthine every other day any longer.

Uat was resplendent, as always. She had tied her thick brown hair up into a loose bun, keeping it off her neck. Her skirt was a light blue, a color Ado had noticed she favored and stopped just below her knees. She wore a tan halter crop top, several rings and bracelets, and two simple earrings.

Ado’s eyes wandered down the length of her body, then back up. He was just barely taller than her, but it was enough that she had to reach up a bit to put her arms around his neck. Would it be appropriate to ask for a dance? He had never exchanged a red piece of paper with anyone at this festival and had only watched it done. It seemed everybody had a different method of going about it.

What if she had already asked someone to be her partner tonight? What if she wasn’t even interested in him? Would she even know who he was? He felt his anxiety rise before he even had a chance to utter a word to her.

“Talk to her, Ado. You’ve been stalking this girl for seasons. It’s getting weird,” Sienia spoke up. He hadn’t realized they were watching him watching Uat. He turned away from her, facing his friends. The music crested in its final crescendo, and with a crash of cymbals, the song ended. People cheered, and a new upbeat song quickly followed suit.

“I’m not sure what to say to her. What if she rejects the offer?” He felt nervous all over again, a new wave of anxiety rolling through him. Markl shook his head.

“Then you move on, mate. You’re a handsome young man, and there are plenty in this city that would be lucky to have your skinny arms wrapped around them.” He teased Ado, elbowing him gently in the ribs. Ado chuckled and pushed Markl.

“Yeah, yeah, easy for you to say all-muscles. When we stand next to each other, girls pass right over me,”

“Stop selling yourself short. You’ve got a personality bigger than both of us put together.”Sienia argued. Ado breathed in deeply and blew out heavily, puffing his cheeks out.

“Fine, fine. I’ll go.” He turned around, straightened his tunic, and tried broadening his shoulders to their fullest. It wasn’t much, but it made him feel more confident.

“Act natural, like yourself. Not like Markl,” Sienia warned from behind him. Ado let his stance drop a little bit, going from strained to relaxed. He looked back at them briefly.

“Go somewhere else, don’t watch me.” He dismissed them, shooing them with his hand. They looked briefly offended before shrugging and walking off in the opposite direction.

This was it. Ado was out of the comfort zone within his small friend group, thrust into the wilds of the unknown path ahead. It seemed straightforward, but to him, every step made his heart thump rapidly in his ears.

Relax, he told himself, you’ll freak her out before even speaking to her.

He tried to punctuate each step with a deep breath, rehearsing what he would say to her in his head. Were she alone, he might feel less nervous, but he might have been about to embarrass himself in front of all of her friends. In any case, the red paper was a peace offering of sorts, a friendship request, if nothing else.

He made those last few steps toward her until he became just a couple of feet away. He stood to her left, and she faced her friends. He faltered for a moment, hesitating, but not so long as to seem awkward.

“Hi, Uat,” He greeted her, loud enough to be heard over the music and the crowd. She turned toward the sound of her name, eyes meeting his. She smiled a bit and reached up to push a stray hair back from her face.

“Hi,” She paused for a moment, and then recognition lit her face, “Oh, Ado! How nice to see you again. My, it’s been some time since we spoke last. How are you? How is Mhakula?”

Immense relief washed over him when she recognized him. The first step was done; he did the hardest part. She stepped toward him, away from her group of friends who continued with their chatting uninterrupted.

“Yes, since last Spring at the Hearts Festival. You look as stunning now as you did then,” He couldn’t help complimenting her, completely skipping over answering her questions. She smiled sheepishly.

“Thank you,” She took a moment to take him in, his overgrown hair, his dense freckles darkened by the sun, the loose, casual clothing, “You are quite handsome as well.” Was she returning the compliment out of politeness or pity? Or was it sincere?

He bowed slightly, “Thank you. I’m doing well, glad this water ordeal is over. Hopefully, the teahouse can go back to normal. How are things with the restaurant?” Ado was impatient to get on with it and hand her his red paper, but he knew exchanging pleasantries was equally as important.

“Oh,” She waved a hand through the air, “We’ve not had much business lately, but it’s slowly getting back to how it used to be. Litia is beginning to vex me with her constant worries. I pray this will calm her nerves.”

Ado nodded emphatically, maybe a bit too earnest, but Uat didn’t seem to notice.

“Yes, it’s a common theme with the businesses in the city. Everybody wants their lives returned,” Ado paused and fiddled with a shirt button for a moment, stalling.

“Uat, I wanted to ask you, well, I guess I was hoping…” He trailed off. Instead of finishing the sentence, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the piece of paper. He held it out to her.

“Oh,” She gasped, smiling, her cheeks turning pink.

“I know we don’t know each other well, and we hardly speak but… I guess this is an offer of friendship. I… I want to get to know you,” Ado heard his own voice from very far away as if somebody much more confident and suave had stepped into his body. Uat accepted the paper gingerly and opened it to read the question written there.

What he had written was mundane. All it said was: “Where is the most beautiful place you have been?”

She raised her ice-blue eyes to meet his, smiling even wider. She folded the paper again and stepped toward him.

“I’ll show you.”

*wc: 1,303

Last edited by Adoian on June 30th, 2021, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adoian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Red Paper of Fate?

Postby Adoian on June 28th, 2021, 4:14 am

Uat had grabbed Ado’s hand and led him out of Surya Plaza, toward Tenten peak and onward to Sartu peak. He had been this far in Lhavit only a few times, usually to visit Flights of Fancy or the Crimson Springs. There weren’t a lot of businesses at this peak. Most of the area is reserved for nature attractions.

She was leading them directly to the area that was the entrance to the Trail of Waterfalls. He had walked the trail a few times throughout his life, most Lhavitians had, usually with his family. He didn’t want to tell Uat this and possibly ruin whatever situation she was bringing him into. If he said something now, she might stop holding his hand, and he definitely didn’t want that.

She slowed when they entered the trail and walked next to him instead. Finally, she let his hand go, regrettably and seemed embarrassed for a brief moment, but it quickly passed. She was a strong, all-business type of person. A brilliant strategist and one of the major reasons the Skyglass Restaurant was still in business. Ado respected her as much as he admired her and was as intimidated as he was fascinated.

“I’ve been down this trail a couple of times with my family,” Ado told her. He wasn’t trying to make it seem less special, but he thought she ought to know.

“I suspected as much. You grew up here. It would be absurd if you hadn’t,” She looked over at him, “But this isn’t what I’m showing you. I have an extraordinary place off the trail, about a bell’s walk away, if you’re up for it.” He was more up for it more than she could even know, but he acted nonchalantly.

“Yeah, that’s no problem,” He shrugged. This was a best-case scenario. Not only did she accept the paper, but she took him out, alone, to a special place in the middle of the woods. He couldn’t be happier right now, and he had the chance to talk to her one-on-one finally.

“You said you used to come here with your family. Do you still spend a lot of time with them?” She asked him. Ado frowned, that’s not where he wanted the conversation to go.

“Well, no, not really. My parents are….” What was he supposed to say? Distant? Indifferent? Hadn’t spoken to him and Atsuya in years? Could he be dead for all he knew? “Busy. And my sister was never the sentimental type. I spend most of my time with my grandfather, working at the teahouse. I don’t think he can make this trek anymore.”

“Is that hard for you? Not getting to see them?” That was a good question. Is it hard for him? How often had Ado sat and wondered when he would see his parents again? Their grand adventure to see the world and bring back gifts from all over Mizahar had started 7 years ago, and as far as Ado knew, it was still going. They had left the deed of upholding the Yhavao family traditions to Atsuya and Adoian and decided to take off for higher pursuits. Guzo had been rightfully upset with them for weeks before they left, and Ado wondered how much resentment his grandfather still held for them.

They didn’t even know Ado’s grandmother had passed away. Would they even care?

“It used to be, but it’s been a very long time since I’ve seen my parents. By now, we’ve all gotten used to it. It’s just the way things are.” He felt uncomfortable with the turn of the conversation. He didn’t enjoy feeling like he was fishing for pity, so he tried to talk about something else.

“What do you like to do on your off days from the restaurant? Even the manager is allowed to have fun sometimes, right?” He asked her. She thought for a second, pushing back the hair that was coming loose from the bun.

“I go to the theater as often as I can. I’ve seen the shows so many times now I’ve practically memorized them,” Ado looked to her and watched the way her hips swayed as she walked down the trail, “The ballets are my favorite. I wish I could dance so gracefully. It’s mesmerizing.”

Her eyes seemed to go out of focus as she recalled a memory. It wasn’t what Ado was expecting from her at all. As serious and obsessive as she was every time he saw her at the restaurant, he wasn’t actually sure what he expected. The wooden trail wasn’t very wide, and the two had to walk so closely their arms brushed with each step. At this point, he was doing it intentionally, but Uat wasn’t moving away.

“I have only been a couple of times, the price is steep, and I never seem to have anybody to go with,” He said. She looked up at him, those bright, piercing blue eyes searching his briefly.

“I have a seasonal ticket. I’ll let you know next time I go.” He felt his face heat and suddenly thought that she seemed very taken with him, faster than expected. Maybe too fast.

Should he say something? But she hadn’t made any move, and maybe he was creating meaning where there was none, and she was doing what friends do. It had been mid-afternoon at the plaza before they left, but Syna was still high in the sky, illuminating the trees and leaves as they walked through the forest.

The wooden path was raised and passed over shallow ponds and alongside small waterfalls. The water was lower and fell lighter than usual. The lack of rains had affected every area around the city, and even the trail wasn’t untouched.

They chatted for several chimes, walking, brushing arms, voices low until Uat came to a stop and looked around.

“Okay, this is it,” She said, then hopped off the path onto a flat rock outcropping. She leaped from stone to stone away from the path and into the woods. Ado hesitated, and she looked back.

“Are you coming?” She asked, balanced on a rock almost twenty feet away. Ado nodded, overcame his fear and the inherent danger of what could be in the forest, and jumped onto the rock.

*wc: 1,049
Last edited by Adoian on June 30th, 2021, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adoian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Red Paper of Fate?

Postby Adoian on June 28th, 2021, 2:57 pm

Ado followed Uat as carefully as he could. She disappeared into the forest, and he lost his footing, briefly landing directly in the pond. Luckily it was so low he only went ankle-deep, and the water cooled him down slightly.

Many different creatures and insects buzzed around him. Prismflies that were iridescent in the sunlight but didn’t glow until nightfall kept bumping into his legs and arms, and he tried to keep from swatting at the harmless creatures.

He ducked into the brush that Uat had gone into and found her waiting for him on a hidden path, unnoticeable from the wooden walkway. She had tiny white flowers stuck in her thick hair. Ado imagined picking them out one by one and handing them to her.

She gave him a tight-lipped smile when he met her on the path, then grabbed his hand again and kept walking. The girl had the confidence that Ado had always wanted. Her directness reminded him subtly of his sister, but Uat was far more gentle, and he didn’t want to be thinking about Atsuya right now.

He dragged behind her a little bit, eyes roaming her body as she plunged ahead. His heels dug into the soft mulch, and he tried his best not to lose his sandals. The closeness of the trees plunged them into near darkness, and he was comforted by the presence of Uat. Little animals and critters peered out at them from the safety of the bushes and the undergrowth, curious about these strangers in their habitat.

It had been over a year since the last time somebody had held his hand like this. His name was Filip, and he was a wonderful friend and lover for a few seasons. Until Ado had started to grow bored and realized he didn’t like the way Filip was unreliable and unpredictable. Ado had been left waiting for Filip to show up to a rendezvous for bells far too many times, and they began having the same conversations over and over again. For how handsome he is, Filip has the depth of a 2-gallon bucket.

Uat took a sudden sharp turn to their right, delving into a part of the forest without a path.

“Is this safe? There are wild animals out here,” said Ado. He didn’t want to let on how worried he was, but neither of them had a weapon. Despite how rare it was for malicious creatures to be wandering near the path, it was still a risk.

“It will be fine. I’ve come through here many times before,” She reassured him, gripping his hand tighter. His thoughts went toward just how sweaty and clammy their hands were. How was she even holding him like that without slipping? Did she find it gross?

Eventually, their make-shift path opened up, and Uat slowed down as they entered a clearing in the trees. Ado’s jaw dropped in awe at the view in front of him.

Directly ahead was a tall rock wall with a waterfall trickling down into a small pond below. The wall expanded out both sides of the clearing until it was out of view. Around the pond was a small flower field. Some he recognized as native to Lhavit, and some he had never seen before. The dampness and humidity of the tightness of the forest were gone here. He heard the faint chirping of small birds and the sound of a bubbling creek a little ways away.

“How did you find this place?” He asked Uat, now leading her as they walked further into the clearing, toward the small pond. She giggled a little bit, letting herself be pulled along.

“It’s one of the best-kept secrets of Lhavit,” She bragged, and Ado wondered if it was true or if she was just proud of the discovery, “A good friend of mine showed it to me, a long time ago.” She trailed off, seemingly lost in thought. Ado looked back at her.

“A friend?” He asked. She nodded.

“Yes. He’s gone now. Disease took him when we were still teenagers,” She left it at that, and Ado didn’t push. He knew how it was to lose somebody to who you were close.

“Dira ensures we all end up where we belong,” Ado tried reassuring her. She nodded, smiling again.

“Yes, his soul rests with the stars,” Uat chose a spot in the clearing with fewer flowers and sat carefully, pulling Ado down with her. He crossed his legs under him, facing her, his hand still resting in hers.

She flipped his hand over now, cradling it in her palms, and scrutinized it. What was she looking for? She ran a soft finger over the callouses on his palms and fingers. He had long, slender fingers. Artists’ hands, Guzo had told him. But Ado was a terrible artist, finding more often than not that they were primarily helpful for reaching into small glass jars.

“It has been… a very long time since I’ve been close to somebody like this,” Ado admitted to her. Her blue eyes met his, but she didn’t smile this time. Her hand stopped its searching, and she was all business again.

“I’ve seen the way you look at me,” She told him. He flushed immediately. Oh, I thought I was subtle. She laughed at the redness in his ears.

“It’s okay. I like it. I notice you every time you come to my restaurant. I’ve been hoping you would say something since we danced at the Hearts Festival, but you never did.” Ado mentally chastised himself. He was so nervous that she wouldn’t want him, or notice him, or recognize him. All this time, she had been waiting.

“You’re so gorgeous and successful. I thought you could have any man you wanted instead of a scrawny kid like me.” Ado admitted. She just laughed and shook her head.

“You don’t give yourself enough credit. I didn’t lie when I said you are very handsome.” Her fingers trailed from his hand, up his arm, and rested gently on the side of his neck. He felt heat flow through his body all at once.

“It’s been a long time for me too, Ado,” She whispered to him. The fire burned hotter, brighter inside him. He had been hoping to share a cup of tea and a pleasant conversation, and now they were in the middle of the forest, alone, and she had her hands on him. It was the best and the worst he could have hoped to happen.

Before his overthinking, rational mind could stop him, he had raised his hand to cup her neck gently and leaned forward. She met him halfway, and the tentative brush of his lips on hers was soft and innocent, a question of sorts.

*wc: 1,133
Last edited by Adoian on June 30th, 2021, 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adoian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Red Paper of Fate?

Postby Adoian on June 28th, 2021, 5:26 pm

Ado deepened the kiss, leaning into her and holding the sides of her neck with both hands. She responded, moving her lips against his, her fingers tangling through the hair at the back of his head.

Her skin was soft and warm underneath his touch, teasing and tantalizing. Her lips were supple and moved easily as he parted them, reaching for her tongue with his. She met him eagerly, and her breathing grew faster and more shallow as they both tried to catch their breath through their noses.

They parted for the briefest moment, and Uat looked at him, her eyes flicking back and forth. Her face was red, and her chest heaved, but she was poised as she reached to the hem of the halter top and pulled it up over her head, tossing the garment aside.

Ado’s eyes explored the bare flesh, her breasts just as fair as the rest of her. He uncrossed his legs, moving to his knees, and reached up to her bun to undo it. How many times had he imagined running his hand through her thick, silky hair? He did it now as it came down in a curtain of waves, his fingers catching on tangles.

He closed the gap between them again, kissing her, and his hands moved to the soft skin of her back as he eased her down to the ground. Her legs straddled him on both sides, adding fuel to the fire already burning within him.

He pulled back, admiring the way her hair fanned out as she lay on her back. It was one of the moments in his life where the storm of thoughts usually raging in his mind was stilled to light rain. He had been here before with others. The situation was familiar, but the circumstances were wholly new and different.

Before Ado could move again, Uat reached for the hem of his shirt, and he sat up a bit so she could pull it up over his head. The fluorite necklace hung between them. He removed it and set it atop his shirt.

The heat of the sun on his back was intense, and both of them were covered in a fine sheen of sweat already. Ado bent down and kissed Uat on the side of her neck, her skin salty to the taste. He moved down to her collarbone, planting kisses and sucking on the skin lightly.

He braced himself with one hand and, with the other, reached up to caress her waist. His hand slid up to her ribs, then the side of her breast as his mouth moved down, leaving a trail of kisses. He covered her nipple with his lips, sucking and pulling gently with his teeth. She exhaled a slight moan, giving Ado the conviction he needed to move further. His hand moved across her body, and he did the same to the other nipple. Uat’s back arched a bit, and her hips moved underneath him.

The enthusiasm from her was hypnotizing, and it was all Ado could do to keep his cool. He continued his kisses down her body, over her smooth belly, to the protruding pelvic bones of her waist. He leaned back and put his hands at the edge of the skirt, pausing to give her enough time to reconsider or change her mind. How far would she let him go today?

Uat did not say anything, only continued to watch him, a smile playing at her lips, as he pulled the skirt over her hips, down her legs, then off of her. She lay utterly naked underneath him, and the passion in Ado grew hot once again.

He kissed the top of her knee, and her legs parted as he moved down the inside of her thigh. A dark shadow of brown hair lay between her legs, and a coarse warm excitement went through Ado.

He moved back up over her, accepting her kisses, the desperate feel of her tongue in his mouth. Uat’s hands moved over his back, his toned arms and chest, and across his hard stomach to the button of his pants. She undid the button skillfully with one hand and reached inside.

Ado gasped, moaning as she rubbed him. He returned the favor, moving his hand down to the space between her legs. She let out another breathy exhale, her back arching up, breasts pressing against his chest. Their kisses were more insistent now, more demanding.

She was ready for him, and he could wait no longer. He made himself stop just long enough to remove his pants, Uat watching him passively. Any dangers of the woods were long forgotten now. His vision was all Uat, only Uat.

He fell back over her, their hips meeting, and slipped inside her. Slowly at first, he moved against her, one of her hands tangling again in his hair, the other grabbing his back. She was warm and snug around him, maddeningly sensual and skilled as she moved in time with him. He wasn’t ready to quicken the pace yet, not wanting the moment to end too soon.

He bent to lick and kiss her nipples. She responded with moans and little gasps, and Ado moved harder against her. Her nails dug into the skin of his back, furthering his pleasure, diminishing his self-control. He felt the sweat of her legs against his hips, between their stomachs, dripping from his head onto her chest. He wanted to move her, switch positions.

He slowed his movements enough to hold her and roll her, so she was on top of him. She giggled as they flipped then sat up. Now Ado lay on his back with Uat on top of him. He held on to her hips as she began moving against him. He pushed up from the ground, working against gravity, to meet her pace.

Uat was in control now, and he wanted it this way, but he had to be careful to stop her before he finished. She moved her hips faster and harder against him, and he matched her, both of them moaning now. She leaned back, hands pressed to his thighs, face to the sky.

She was reverent like this, and it took all of Ado’s willpower to hold on to the pressure building within him. He forced her to slow, he didn’t want to finish yet, but she was reluctant. She bent forward over him, and he wrapped his arms around her back, holding her to his chest.

She lifted the weight of her body off of him, and he moved against her fast and hard, giving in to the demands of the fire. Uat’s moans became louder and higher-pitched, and just before Ado felt that sweet release, he pulled her off of him. That final lasting groan came from Ado, and, at least for him, it was complete.

Uat sat up, released from Ado’s arms. He was still breathing heavily, finally noticing the pain in his thighs and glutes, throbbing. Her breathing was slowing down as well, and she bent down to kiss him once before getting off of him and laying down beside him.

How could something be perfect, or maybe imperfect, and only last such a precious little while? Were they together, united, one being in the stillness of this clearing, sharing the passion of two living, breathing souls? Or were they more separate than ever, throwing themselves at each other, clumsy and trusting, unknowing of the feelings of the other? Was he lonelier now than he was before? Was she?

Ado turned to look at her, “You know, this is a first for me,”

Uat laughed, “You seemed to be doing just fine.” Ado smiled and shook his head.

“No, no, I mean, this,” He gestured to the clearing, “Doing this outside, in a place like this, so open and exposed. I’ve only ever done this inside, on a bed or a couch, or even the floor.”

She raised a brow at him, “Ah, so you’ve had plenty of experience,” He shrugged.

“Well, yes, I suppose,” He raised his brows too, mocking her, “You can’t tell me you haven’t.”

“I have.” She left it at that, turning away from him to watch the clouds. Her leg was over his, the rest of her body pressed against him. She was so very sensual; Ado couldn’t help but wonder just how much experience this woman had. He didn’t feel jealous or possessive, just curiosity building. But he knew that wasn’t information he was privy to, at least not this early in their friendship.

*wc: 1,434
Adoian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Red Paper of Fate?

Postby Adoian on June 28th, 2021, 5:44 pm

They got dressed after lying, watching the clouds, and sharing some words for another bell. Ado was reluctant to leave this space, knowing he had stepped into something that felt far removed from the city. As soon as he went back to the rest of this society, they would go back to being who they were usually. A restaurant manager and a teamaker.

Who would they be to each other after they left the clearing? Acquaintances again? A longing man forever pining for a woman who always seemed just out of reach? Even with how intimate they had been in the forest, Ado still felt like he was grasping for smoke with Uat. She was distant and closed to him, not opening more than what she was willing to expose to him.

Ado passed it off as the two were not close enough yet to know each other’s secrets. Uat still held his hand as they walked back toward the city, through Sartu and Tenten Peak, back to Surya plaza.

“Will you come back to Mhakula with me? Share a cup of tea?” Ado asked her, trying to find time to talk with her. But she shook her head.

“There are things I have to attend to at the restaurant,” She looked up at him, “But we will see each other again, I promise. I’ll bring you to the opera house for the next show I attend.” He nodded, pleased with the answer but not completely satisfied.

Once they reached the plaza, she offered him a kiss on the cheek and waved goodbye. He waved back to her, watching her walk away from him. Even when she was out of sight, he stayed where he was. He felt lost, unsure of what his next move should be. He did it, he got what he thought he wanted, and he felt further from Uat than ever.

Was it what he wanted? Or was it just casual sex? Was that all she was searching for? He wanted a partner, somebody he knew he could respect and had the same drive as him in their work. Maybe she was just too busy for somebody like that. Perhaps he shouldn’t be so bent on trying to find somebody that could potentially hold him back.

After a few chimes, Ado made his feet move. Most of the plaza had cleared out. The brunt of the festival was over, and he had missed most of it. He didn’t know where his friends had ended up, but they would surely be knocking down his door asking for the story by tomorrow. Syna’s light had fallen so low in the sky it had almost met the horizon. He had missed the dusk rest but didn’t feel like going home quite yet.

He headed toward the teahouse, just up a hill out of Surya plaza. If anything, what Ado wanted now was a cup of tea and a familiar face. Maybe later that night, he would find Markl and Sienia and go to the Obsidian Club to forget his worries.

*wc: 510
Total WC6,072
Adoian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes