More Ghost Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

More Ghost Questions

Postby Liam on March 17th, 2011, 1:49 pm

Okay, first one is can a ghost possess an animal? Like, a dog or a deer or whatever.

Second, and the one I'm more interested, do ALL skills other than ghost skills require a body to learn, or is that only skills that require a body to perform. I am talking about things like social skills such as Persuasion, Investigation, Seduction (with the right person), or academic skills like Math and Science and such that you can learn simply from reading.. at least to an extent. I'm mainly interested in the persuasion type stuff, because it seems it would be rather useful to persuade someone into letting me possess their body rather than always having to take it by force.

Anyway, appreciate any input here. Thanks!
Liam
Player

Words: 74206
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

More Ghost Questions

Postby Anshun Tulish on March 20th, 2011, 8:32 pm

I think (and I stress think) a ghost could possess an animal. I think for seduction *wink wink nudge nudge* you would need a body but for the others (including academic skills) you wouldn't
Anshun Tulish
The Devoted Charoda

Words: 8503
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2011, 3:23 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

More Ghost Questions

Postby Liam on March 23rd, 2011, 11:13 pm

A master of soulmist projection might be able to do it.. Don't know if you've ever read any of Anne Rice's mayfair witches books but that ghost knew how to seduce people. and he didnt need a body to get the job done either.
Liam
Player

Words: 74206
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

More Ghost Questions

Postby Jilitse on March 26th, 2011, 5:48 pm

The right kind of people (but I don't really think there are many) might be attracted to something they can barely see. There are plenty of skills that you can perform without needing to possess bodies, and I expect that you need only to exert effort in order to perform things. Keep in mind that not all places tolerate Ghosts, and not all people are comfortable with ghosts...

So you can do persuasion, seduction, in your translucent glory, but RP it properly.

I also believe that the mischievous ghost not only possess animals, but also use their soulmist projection to make things move around or fly around. ;)

You should send your questions to Tarot, or ask him to look at your thread. Any Ghost questions and he should be able to answer them!
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)