Berus's Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Berus's Journal

Postby Berus on March 20th, 2011, 4:01 am

Spring 1, AV 511

I purchased you at my brother’s suggestion for the dual purpose of improving my Common and recording my thoughts so that I will have a record of my journey and to keep myself motivated on my new chosen path. I'm not sure if thats a good way to start of a journal... I have decided to embark on a new journey; casting aside my dreams of becoming a bard to instead pursue adventuring. I just spoke of adventuring as if it was a job. How funny. I hate jobs! I’m sure it will involve work but I do hope it is far more fun than cleaning out animal stalls or reorganizing a book collection. Or three.

Today was rather eventful. The morning passed by without too much of a fuss aside from an argument between I and my parents. They still insist on me getting a job despite the fact that I’ve always managed to scrounge up the money in various ways. How annoying. I know they worry about me yet I can not stand working. It’s just too darn boring. Oh well. In the afternoon my cousin Kain and I decided to hit Red Diamond Tavern with our flute and lyre duo after we heard no one else was performing that night. It was very fun but I managed to obtain a couple of bruises from a foolish fall and he even ran face-first into a wall! I have to admit that was rather priceless.

Running into that wall apparently knocked something into him. He seemed to go berserk as he confronted me about my dream to go out into the world and go adventuring. It seems that he has taken a bit of a liking to the notion and has given me a rather large push down that path. We have decided that we shall set out together at the end of the season after we have suitably prepared ourselves. I suppose I’ll owe it all to Kain when I write the book of tales of my adventures.

If I don’t get eaten or slain of course!

I will need:
- Enough money to pay off my debts.
- Good skill in a weapon and the ability to defend myself unarmed.
- A weapon that will fit my size.
- Supplies to survive in the wilderness.
- A horse that doesn’t leave piles of manure every five steps.
- A stylish hat with a magnificent feather.
- A direction.

The adrenaline from my earlier performance with Kain is starting to wear off and everyone else has tumbled off to bed so I am getting rather tired. I will write more when something else that’s interesting wanders along.

Good night, Log.
- BS
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Berus's Journal

Postby Berus on March 22nd, 2011, 3:08 am

Spring 3, AV 511

Hello again! I’m sorry that I did not write yesterday but there was honestly nothing interesting that happened along. Today is a much different story though! Admittedly I did spend most of today unconscious but the remaining parts have certainly earned a page in you.

The morning was boring but toward the afternoon things started to heat up. I went to the Red Diamond Tavern to relax, play my lyre, and have a drink or two in my favorite corner. I enjoyed myself that night though I was sadly paid not in tips but instead in an excess of vomit…

However, as I tried to leave that fine establishment I was cut off by a couple of drunks who were interested in my dreams of leaving this city and journeying to new lands for adventures. I do admit it seems a little childish on paper but it’s not something worth beating up a poor little guy for! Worst came to worst and I ended up attempting to knock his lights out. I feel it is nearly needless to write that I failed and ended up lying in the snow. The man added insult to injury though when he came back and cracked me in the jaw with an uncoordinated yet brutally harsh fist of his!

I thought I was done for right there in the snow but lo and behold! There stood a large man who pretty much annihilated (I can’t find a more accurate word) the three drunks and left them all unconscious in the snow. I thanked him but he responded rather coldly to my thanks…

So I stupidly pursued the stranger to prove myself to him. He was certainly up to including beating the crap out of a little guy like me (as agile as I am) and took me down with relative ease. I do have the comfort of landing a couple of blows on him and seeing his eyes widen a bit before he punched me hard enough to knock me into the late afternoon. His punch truly put the drunkards to shame. I am still rubbing the sores out of my body now…

I awoke later feeling rather beat up but other than that pretty elated. I felt that I had put up a good enough fight for my very first- Are you supposed to feel that way after a fight? I wonder if I am becoming some sort of a bully or if that’s just me so happy I’m finally starting to realize my dream. I sure hope I’m not becoming a bully like those drunks. I must remember to avoid those three from now on.

I shall have to remember the name of the large fellow that knocked me into oblivion so that I may someday exact my revenge. In the meantime I shall simply call him a friend. I do believe his name was Darren. Or was it Darry?

I must remember:
- Just because I think a move will work doesn’t mean it will
- Fight more defensively against large opponents
- Surprise attacks are the best attacks when facing superior fighters
- Punches in the jaw hurt
- Unconsciousness is a form of time travel

I think that’s enough for one night. My head hurts.

Good night, Log.
- BS
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets