[Flashback] Crossing of paths on hallowed ground (Ren Tanor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

[Flashback] Crossing of paths on hallowed ground (Ren Tanor)

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 24th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Grasslands of Cyphrus 30th of Winter 510AV

Nex looked across the rolling hills of grass and smiled. The sun was warm on his skin, and he was glad to finally be off that dreadful boat and away from the sea. He did not know how to swim, so naturally the trip across that narrow point in the Suvan Sea had been stressful for him.

It had been a long 14 days for him, he had to spend constant time in his humanoid form so as to be able to sit atop his horse, and perform his duties as a part of the gaurd of the caravan. He did manage to get a little time as a wolf however, occasionally running a little ways ahead of the fast moving caravan and scouting out the territory for any potential ambushers. They had stoped in Sultros, and Alvadas along the way before sailing across the great sea. They had been relatively lucky so far, they only had been attacked by a dire bear, and a few other of the natural preadators that plauge these wilds.

Seeing the world for the first time, he found Cyphrus very interesting, but he remained wary of this new location and the tall grasses they beheld. He had only seen little action during the trip, the other gaurds being more experienced then him usually taking out any threats along the road before he even got close to help them.

He hadn't made many friends during the trip, the gaurds and merchants mostly kept to themselves, seeing him more of a passenger than anything else. They provided him food and a couple of mizas in exchange for his service but they did not pay him well, and he didn't expect them to. He knew that they only allowed him on because of a favor to his master and he didn't mind that, it was his big chance to explore and eventully maybe he could get his own job doing mercenary work or a gaurd for someone out by the city he was going for.

Nex sat upon his horse, a dark brown Zivian with a white spotted rump. The steed strode easily through the tall grass, occasionaly bucking its head to make the bit move into a more comfortable position.

It was looking to be a good day, and in another 14 days or less they would be in Zeltiva and his life could begin finally. He turned his head sharply to the side, his keen senses picking up some sort of preadator, not unlike him in nature. It was still far away, but still peered off in the distance trying to catch sight of whoever or whatever was approaching.
Last edited by Nex Paciscor on May 26th, 2011, 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Words: 159798
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Crossing of paths on hallowed ground (Ren Tanor)

Postby Ren Tanor on March 24th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Ren sat on the side of one of the many caravan trails coming into town. The trees and underbrush provided a natrual camoflauge and the elevation of the hill he was on gave him a good vantage point to see his suroundings. Ren spotted a caravan protected by guards and led by a single horserider, Rens view of the lone horseman was distorted by the very thing that kept him out of view too. As the caravan crept closer Ren caught the feighnt scent of another kelvic, as Ren watched longer a thought struck him if he could smell the other kelvic then he could smell him too. As Ren tried to watch the caravan he decided he could get a better view if he got closer. Ren, step by step inched his way torwards the road. SNAP! A. Fallen branch snapped under the weight of Rens foot.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Character sheet

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 24th, 2011, 10:07 pm

As he was intently studing the brush, he had neglected to notice that his saddlebag had came loose sometime during the boat trip or their short treck currently in the grasslands. Over balancing in a attempt to catch the falling bag, he flipped over the left side of the horse, his right foot still caught in the stirupps as his lunge suprised the horse and goaded him into a quick trot. Embarassed and not at all liking his present position he pulled on the reighs of the horse hard and forcefully causing it to rear up and while it was stopped in its tracks, he deftly turned his foot out of the boot and he rolled over the side of the horse, as gracefully as one could in such a predicament. The other members of the caravan broke out into laughter as they watched him do all of this. "Still that green huh boy" said one grizzled gaurd that kept to the front of the line. "Make sure to fasten your saddle bags tighter next time" another repremanded. "Your causing us to lose precious daylight." the seasoned mercenary added.

Nex picked himself up, and dusted himself off as he remembered that there was somthing in the small growth of trees and brush up ahead and immediatly reattuned his senses towards the area. So distracted was he, that he had forgotten about the potential threat, but by all that he could see, smell and hear, he could tell his target was still in the bush. Pretending everything was normal he went back to his horse with his head low and the saddle bag hefted over his shoulder, and then preceded to work on strapping it back on the horse and making sure it and his backpack was secure as well. Never once did his focus leave that spot however.

Sparing a glance over there, and ignoring the further comments of the warriors, he strode within a few paces from the corpse of trees. "Show yourself if you would please, what is your intent on this road?" he asked seemingly no one in particular to the other gaurds, seasoned as there where they sensed only the presence of a beast of some sort, and he sensed more then that, somthing with a familiar smell as he possesed and powerful in its own right. It was a Kelvic like him for sure, the only thing that remained to be seen was it's intent.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ren Tanor on March 25th, 2011, 1:57 am

Ren balaced he had in this situation in each hand, if he showed himself they might kill him if he didn't they still might. Ren decided he would look less of a threat in his human form. Ren started to shift, in his human form he was completly nude and without weapons except for the small leather thong bag hanging from his neck.

Ren stepped out slowly so to not appear threatening. "I mean you no harm, I am only lost and am trying to find my way" Ren said in a strong firm voice. Upon seeing the other kelvic, instinct kicked in and Ren began his dominance act. Ren imediatly straitened his back and sized up the other male
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 25th, 2011, 2:55 am

Nex watched as the bushes rustled and parted revealing a nude male and he regarded the kelvic with curiosity. He had never met another one of his kind before so needless to say this was quite the experience for him. Unlike his human partners he scarcely noticed the man's nakedness and didn't care as he was of the same mindset, and wouldn't be wearing the very cloths on his back if he didn't have to.

Shock slowly ebbed away into strong stares from the men, assesing the danger of this man. Being exposed, and unarmed the men and Nex readily accepted that this man was safe enough. Knowing he was a Kelvic, Nex didn't expect much trouble and infact made him more trustworthy in Nex's mind as he sized him up.

Seeing no weapon on the man he assumed the man perferred the style of unnarmed combat or the natural defences of whatever fellow animal he was. He watched him carefully, noting any simi-threatining moves from him, and noticing the straightining of his shoulders. Not willing to be out done, he made a show of straghtining his shoulders advertently flexing his muscles, and begining a special breathing excercise his unarmed trainer taught him in order to make himself look bigger and more imposing.

Extending a hand out, he locked eyes with the man. "Greetings, my name is as they call me Nex. What is your name weary traveler?"
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ren Tanor on March 25th, 2011, 3:24 am

As Ren stepped out the other kelvic placed his hand out and asked him his name. "Just call me Ren" Ren said softly, Ren grasped the outstretched hand of Nex. Rens attention quickly turned elsewhere as he started to examine one of the guards sword. As he examined the sword he quickly grabed the fine blade with both hands, twist, and pull it away from the guard.

Ren took two steps back sat down and continued to examine the fine blade oblivious to the guards imediate fustration. "I see that you all have been traveling for some time now" Ren said never letting his eyes leave the sword. "If I may ask from where have you come?"
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 25th, 2011, 7:14 am

He solidly gripped Ren's hand's as he had often observed humans do, and said "Well met" he said. He felt more than saw Ren lunge for the gaurd, and intinincts always constantly gnawing at him, he turned with Ren and assumed a battle stance ment to quickly disarm and dispatch an apponint who wished him harm. Only noticing the expression on Ren's face stayed his hand, it was a expression familiar to him and one he could understand.

"We come from Lhavit, them on business, and i simply on a need to see the world." he said relaxing his mucles just slightly, still prepaired if his fellow Kelvic tried anything. You could never be too sure of anyone, a lesson well learned in the past.

"And where have you been traveling from, you surely look weather beaten from the trip." Nex said a friendly edge creeping into his voice but still naturally trying to seem imposing.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ren Tanor on March 25th, 2011, 2:13 pm

Ren imediately pulled the sword back stab it in the ground behind him and walkover to Nex. "I have come from Ravok to recruit kelvics for a pack, kelvics must stay together. And this pack that I form will help the rebels overthrow the gods" Ren said proudly. "Forming packs is the way of our ancestor and there customs should still be respected" Ren added. Ren then pulled one miza from the thong around his neck flipped it to the guards and pulled the sword from the ground. Ren sat and pulled a picture sadly from his pocket. It was the picture of a young woman with flowing black hair and blue dog eyes. "They killed my bondmate, raped and murdered her. I am out for blood" Ren said as he raised his voice.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Nex Paciscor on March 25th, 2011, 5:16 pm

He took the strong kelvic's words with a calculating measured calm, but couldn't help but feel a sense of energy rising in his breast at the thought of battle. Nex also felt a tang of sorrow for the young wolf, and although he had never had a love or even a close friend like he had, he could sympathize with the wolf, as he would feel great anguish as well if his master died.

The Kelvic before him was a great orator, he thought as he felt inspired to join the cause. This was why afterall he left his master's side in the first place, and while he knew nothing of the god's or the Ravok this man spoke of and the rebellion that was brewing inside, he found himself agreeing with the man's words and rather fond of the idea of being apart of a pack.

He adopted a stern visage that by happened to be also welcoming as he said "I would be honored to be apart of your wolf back, and join into a brotherhood with you. I will whole heartdley help you in your quest for revenge against the vile foes you speak of" He finished by dipping into a low bow of respect, a Lhavit custom, and as he stood up opened his arms wide and assumed a rather vurnerable stance, a show of respect and trust among wolf kind.
Nex Paciscor
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ren Tanor on March 25th, 2011, 6:07 pm

"Thank you" Ren said with hint of gratitude lingering in his voice. "You say you are of my kind but then why do you wear shackles that limit you to your human form" Ren said curiosly as he proceeded to place the picture back in his leather neck bag.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Next