Yes, it will hurt. (Training)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Reaver on March 25th, 2011, 7:43 pm

[Spring 250av]

It was a darker day then most, never a bad thing. Those who live here proper praying all the harder. The alleys and passageways were that much more likely to yield fortune, be it ill or otherwise. Even the lake was turning more then usual, and the whole city had a feel of rising and lowering at uneven intervals. Reaver found himself having some trouble with his balance. Early morning mist was still stuck to the walls, and his clothes. From the breeze, he could smell just a hint of pollen. It seamed his current body had a bit of an allergy, unfortunate, but at this juncture not important. Rising from his resting point, he decided it would try walking the city some more. He didn't need to walk far.

It seamed that his fortune was otherwise, as Reaver found himself with work that day. Something caught his eye, a younger man. His injury not so severe, but one that needed attention. His leg was cut, and bleeding quick. As Reaver approached, he noted that this young man had already lost the strength to run, through the evident fear in his eyes. Stepping forward, Reaver spoke out calm. "Excuse me, would you mind if I patched that up? I'm doing my best to cure such injuries I come across. I can't get better without practice."

The reply was nervous, but quick. "How much would it cost me?" Confident, Reaver replied "Price, yes, how about, the time it takes for me to work on it, and you get to endure the effort." He thought about it, trying to decide if I was trying to trick him through my wording. "What do you get out of this?" Reaver smiled as he let out a sigh, then spoke with a slight chuckle. "I get to work. The work is my goal, not the reward." "How can I trust you?" "If I wanted something else, would I have not just taken it? I don't see you being efficient in this condition." After a pause, he replied back quietly, "Will it hurt?"

((To be continued.))
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Peace isn't in his vocabulary. (Training)

Postby Reaver on March 26th, 2011, 11:36 pm

Reaver simply nodded, and then proceeded to pull out his supplies. The effort didn't take long, and the injury was put into one place. The blue thread was black now, but color wasn't important anymore. "Jakob." The young man said suddenly. "What?" "My name, it's Jakob." Reaver paused a moment. "Is it now? I'm not sure I have any need for that information. Is that all you needed?"

Before Jakob could answer, one of the local mercenaries came across the scene, and didn't look to have the right idea of what was going on. "Hey, you there, what are you doing to that kid?" Reaver looked to the addition, as he stood. "I was doing my work. I'm training as a doctor, you see." The merc spit at Reaver's feet, and commented with an excess of snide in his voice. "Oh really? I could have sworn you were trying to kill him. A monster like you needs to get bodies somehow. I heard a rumor of a Nuit in blue armor doing all kinds of 'research' on dead bodies recently. I don't know about you, but I don't see many Nuit around here, especially not wearing blue armor. I don't see how it could be anyone other then you."

Reaver put his supplies away. As he did so, he glanced at Jakob, who now looked terrified, then back to the mercenary. "My research is to benefit the living. I study how to keep them alive longer." "Oh? And why would you want to do that? Think I'd believe that?" "Why not inspect my results for yourself? The injury this person had suffered now has a proper chance to heal."

Reaver gestured to Jakob, and took a couple steps back so the mercenary had a chance to look. The mercenary didn't look too happy, it was obvious now he wasn't looking for a peaceful solution to this event. He looked about, only to realize the ruckus he made had drawn the attention of a few other townsfolk. He slowly made is way to Jakob, and glanced at the injury.

Looking back to Reaver, he muttered something under his breath. Then another comment, loud enough to hear this time. "And what of all the people you killed to learn to do that, think they'd forgive you because of one person being slightly better off?" The mercenary prepared to chase Reaver down, now it looked even less likely he was going to back off.

((To be continued..))
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Rhysol CAN save. (Training)

Postby Reaver on March 28th, 2011, 12:02 am

Reaver didn't like this one bit, it was obvious things were turning badly. If to make matters worse, he noted among the growing observers a member of the Ebonstryfe had taken note of the quarrel. Thinking fast, he came up with an excuse fit for any citizen of this city. "Rhysol had guided my hand, if my hand ended their lives, it simply means Rhysol had need of their souls, yes? Though, I am fortunate to find many dead in that regard, before my hand had reached them. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhysol brought you here before me to remind me what great wonders he has to offer me in this fair city. He is wise indeed."

The mercenary stood stunned a moment, not for Reaver's words, but noting the sudden look of interest the Ebonstryfe member present had twords Reaver. "You say that, but what makes you so sure it was Rhysol's will and not your own? The claim of a pretender." "I try and save every man. The unknown and chaos behind the frailties of life, every complication that makes my art difficult, that is Rhysol's domain. If you need more then that, there is someone more qualified to answer. Who am I to argue what is Rhysol's domain is in front of one more apt to do so?" Reaver looked around, and didn't see the Ebonstryfe now behind him. Deciding not to rely on his aid, he continued on. "Should Rhysol choose only one of us leave here today, maybe you should consider who has truly been more loyal to the ideals of Rhysol. A mercenary, choosing money for death, and killing any who he feels undeserving. That, or a doctor, choosing to spare all, no questions asked, leaving Rhysol to hinder my hand if the need arises."

"You're questioning my faith to Rhysol?" "I'm sewing seeds of doubt in the minds of those present, as to your motives, sir. I may point out you were doing the same. I'm not new to the teachings of our god. And with that, if you don't mind, I am to continue with the aid of this Jakob. After I am done, I intend to continue my search for the wounded. Maybe Rhysol will grant me an audience with someone you injured recently, and I can find out just how faithful you are by how Rhysol chooses to guide my efforts."

The Ebonstryfe guard behind him applauded, as if he had seen a wonderful play preformed in front of him. "I must say, you have a unique way of viewing Rhysol's teachings. Fortunately for you, I just remembered this guard is to be guarding the docks, not here. Carry on." The mercenary wasn't happy at all, but obeyed and started going to the docks. "Be that a reminder to you onlookers, Rhysol can give, as well as take. Carry on your tasks."

Reaver let out a heavy sigh of relief, it seamed he didn't need to defend himself this time. The guard wasn't as xenophobic as the mercenary, and the onlookers did not appear to have any intention of starting a fight.

((To be continued...))
Last edited by Reaver on May 20th, 2011, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

A Simple Splint. (Training)

Postby Reaver on April 20th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Reaver turned his attention back to the injured man still sitting on the floor. "Can you stand? I doubt sitting around here any longer would be a good idea." Jakob nodded and went to stand up. As he put pressure on his right leg, he swiftly fell over once again. Reaver knelt down beside him and looked at Jakob's leg. Jakob winced as Reaver grabbed it, and it became apparent the leg was broken. "You didn't mention your leg was broken." Jakob responded defensibly. "I didn't think I'd live long enough to use it." Reaver didn't say anything, but the distaste in his eyes spoke volumes. "I'm sorry. I'm just not used to, your, never mind." Reaver let out a long sigh.

"Wait here then." Reaver was quick to make his way around, and found a shop selling wood. Reaver bought a two planks of wood. On his way back, he saw a shop selling some rope, and bought five feet of it. As Reaver finally made his way back to Jakob, it seamed most of the crowd had vanished. Reaver set the materials down, and examined Jakob's leg further, to see if he could feel something out of place. Jakob screamed once or twice, but made no effort to fight Reaver. Reaver worked slowly, doing his best to be careful. "This should make it hurt less when you put weight on your leg. Even so, don't use your leg for a full week after it feels healed." "How will I know when it feels healed?" Reaver thought about that for a while. "How about I say around thirty or forty days? That should be enough." A worried expression crossed Jakob's face. "Should?" "Yes." Reaver's calm mannerism did nothing to help Jakob's concern.
Last edited by Reaver on May 20th, 2011, 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Happy Couple? (Training)

Postby Reaver on May 19th, 2011, 7:52 am

"I'll be supporting you to somewhere you can call safe, and you'll be guiding me there so there is no confusion. Lean on me as needed, but I won't be carrying you." Reaver helped Jakob up, who seamed reluctant still to accept his aid. "When was the last time you took a bath?" "Every day. The problem is what I do with the rest of it." Jakob looked inquisitively at Reaver, who gestured to the path before them. Taking the hint, he turned them around and lead them back down the darker side of the path he was just sitting within.

They traveled a while, but not terribly long. They got a number of strange looks, and a few people were so bold as to ask if this were a kidnapping. One such reply got "If I were being kidnapped, why would I be awake? Blackmail is more likely." That passerby reluctantly carried on their way, possibly go get the guard. Not terribly far after that, they ran across someone who seamed to recognize Jakob.

"What's going on here? You were out to pay the bills, not go collecting more! What happened? Is that blood all over?" Jakob wasn't quite sure to reply, and his pause lead to an even more upset reaction. "Did you gamble our money away? Are you running from the law? Is this man going to be taking our house away? What's going on? What is that smell?" "Probably my previous patient." "Patient?" Jakob interjected a comment here. "He's just a Doctor, Marly. He was passing by after I hurt my leg, and he offered to get me home. He didn't even want money for his help." "And now you expect me to believe he's just a good Samaritan? Do you take me for a fool?"

"I'm sorry to inject, but you seam to be capable, and care for this man. Would you mind taking him some place safe, and helping him recover from his injury?" "How much does he owe you." "Nothing." "How much?" "He already paid me, if you must know." Marly looked to Jakob, a clear expression of concern on her face. Jakob tried to calm her down once more. "I paid the bills, dear, I just had some trouble on the way back. The bridge wasn't very stable, and I wasn't paying attention. I'll be fine with some rest."

Reaver was somewhat shocked to find her face was missing quite a bit of color, as most of it just seamed to return right then. "Alright, let's get you home." She turned to Reaver. "Thank you, anyway. I hope he wasn't too much trouble." Reaver yielded Jakob over to Marly carefully, as to not injure him. Reaver turned to leave, as he heard the next argument start to break out. "What happened to your arm? It's worse then your leg!" "It's fine, don't worry so much." "If I didn't worry your mother would kill me. It's not okay! We're going to see her right now!" "Anything but that!"

Reaver didn't pay too much attention to it, after all, it wasn't his business. As he was leaving, he was suddenly tapped on the shoulder. He turned back, to find the Ebonstryfe member standing before him once again. "And you didn't take advantage of the man, let alone take any payment? What kind of person are you, anyway? I must question your dedication to Rhysol now, sir."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Rhysol's Will, or not. (Training)

Postby Reaver on May 20th, 2011, 6:28 am

Reaver was quite unsure as to how to respond. He did his best to come up with something, however. "After seeing the torture he was to endure, I was content?" The man simply glared at him. "Nice try, but I don't think that had any baring on the case. Who paid you to help him? He's hardly the top of our wanted list, but he's no friend to Rhysol." Reaver thought about his options carefully, he wasn't blind to his sudden predicament. "You didn't mention that earlier, and as you were following me, you had plenty of time." "After that talk, I assumed you knew. I wanted to see how you'd finish him off, after such a display. It appears I misinterpreted what side you were on." Reaver could hardly believe his luck. The very man who saved him earlier was now threatening to kill him, rather indirectly. This man now also believed Reaver was associated with other traitors. This was a very bad day. "Sadly, I suppose I am a neutral party in this. If I may, could I do something to undo some of the damage I have done? You mentioned he wasn't high on this list, perhaps if I nabbed someone higher?" The man stood there thinking. The moments before he spoke felt like days to the Nuit now being judged.

Finally, he spoke. "That's quite a dedication to your employer. Fine, I'll make you this deal. Bring me the man that paid you, and I'll ignore this event." "I must apologize, no-one has offered to pay me yet, outside of your offer at freedom. You would need to get me some information on a man, I have none of my own." "What could I do to earn such dedication, I wonder?" Reaver thought carefully. There was no way the truth would do. What would he believe? He paused, pondered. He brought a hand to the base of his mask, rubbing it for effect. "I'm sure a man of your caliber can be trusted with secrets. Teach me magic, and I'll get you whoever you can lead me to. If that man happens to be one I've worked for, too bad for him." The man pondered the words carefully...
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Reaver on August 16th, 2011, 9:25 am

"No. Bring me one person I can't 'lead' you to, and I'll think about it." A clever answer. Reaver mused. He was starting to enjoy this exchange. "Oh? Bring you someone you can't find? Like, anyone? Oh, a challenge maybe, but the real challenge would be to prove you couldn't find that person. I doubt I could find you again, even if I found this person." He pondered the answer. "Alright, a game then. If you CAN find me, I'll give you a chance to find redeem yourself. If you can't, I'll be sure you don't forget."

Reaver shuddered, something about how he said that didn't sit well at all. Is he... going to be watching or following me? Will he kill me? Why, or how? Reaver shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. "Fair enough, but I wasn't aware I needed 'redeemed' here. I just went to prove my loyalty and all." Why would I think that? I know he'd have better ways to use his time then following or hunting down someone of my level. Why would he bother? Reaver's thoughts continued to haunt him, as the man smiled and continued. "Oh, if that's true, then Rhysol would forgive you. If not, I'm sure you'll just need to keep looking for me." The man laughed as he walked away, leaving Reaver to ponder his meaning. "A very strange deal, I doubt I got the better end of that one." The man didn't respond, or perhaps didn't hear. He left without so much as looking back. Reaver glared at him, something happened, he just needed to know what.

OOCChaon. XD Why not.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook