Zeltiva | Winter 521 | Looking for writing partners

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Zeltiva | Winter 521 | Looking for writing partners

Postby Gormyr Snowsong on December 6th, 2021, 11:33 am

Hello everyone,

From a glance, I can see that this part of the site has fallen out of the limelight. Let us try and rectify that. I have already made a post to the Zeltivan character registry, and outlined my ideas for the near future. Since I appear to be alone there for the time being, I figured that it might do me good to extend a hand here as well.

I am playing a Vantha spiritist with ambitions of learning morphing. He lives in Zeltiva and works at the local graveyard, ghosts being his only real company. The main idea behind this build was to have a character be able to hide in plain sight due to the simple fact that he’s too disgusting to warrant a sterner inspection. Spiritism is his way of dealing with the dead, and the dirt keeps the living away – morphing would come in as a more ideal way of living. One wouldn’t need to live like a leper if he could better change his appearance. I expect the disguise skill to help as well, but to a lesser extent.

When it comes to goals beyond skills, I do have several things on my mind:

-I would like to organize holidays for the ghosts of the cemetery
-I would like to meet another Vantha, living or dead
-I would like to organize a scene where, after a long calm, another Vantha is caught by the Seasons
-I would like to write about the stories the dead could tell when given a chance to do so
-I would like to get a chance for Gormyr to fully clean himself up, as he couldn’t afford it for a while now
-I would like to advance the spiritism far along enough where the 2 envoyers would have to acknowledge it (I’m thinking expert+)
-I would like to write about sickness
-I would like to write about a group of younger people who gather at the cemetery as a test of courage
-I would like to learn to read and write Common

I’ve copied this section from the other post, but I’d like to elaborate on the ideas here.

I am currently in the process of developing smaller ghost characters I’m populating the cemetery with. I’m planning to make them the site’s regulars in a way and would like to tie a smaller storyline to each of them. Once my cast is properly assembled, I’m planning to throw them a winter holiday party mimicking a dysfunctional family of sorts. In the process of setting up and executing my plans, I believe I’ll be able to cover ideas 1, 4, and 6 on my wish list.

Ideas 2 and 3 deal with Vantha heritage. While I believe the second one could be achieved without some helpdesk permissions, I’m unsure about the 3rd. I believe that that both of these would open up some interesting opportunities when it comes to new stories.

As for 5 and 7 – I was hoping to tie those in together. Gormyr lives a very unsanitary lifestyle and some disease is bound to wear him down sooner or later. To properly combat it, he would need to clean himself up. In doing so, he might put himself in graver danger still. I find the interplay of those two interesting and would like to pursue such stories. Additionally, seeking medical help where you can’t really allow yourself to be properly examined is another good potential of this exercise.

I think 8 is actually a really good opportunity for a larger social thread with a twist. Instead of us all sitting in a tavern with the quest falling on top of us, I was thinking of a game of chicken. I believe it could prove a waste of potential if I just soloed this, as different perspectives would bring in a lot more ideas and humor.

As for 9, this one might just get relegated to solo training threads, but I believe it would be considerably more interesting if it was based on player interaction. You could also learn Vani in turn. It’s a beautiful language, although its popularity has died down a bit.

There are probably more ideas to think of, but these should provide people a good sense of my expectations for the character.

Currently Zeltiva has only a single active character (that I’m aware of). I have been clearly communicated that without players, there won’t be an open domain in Zeltiva for long. I am of a build it and they will come mentality and figured that we could build the needed community ourselves. I chose Zeltiva because I liked it when I read the lore, and I would like to do my part in order for it not to close. With enough players, I figure we can be our own support system until another moderator is set in place.

Hopeful for a turnout!

Regards,
Gormyr
Gormyr Snowsong
Player

Words: 23723
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2021, 6:36 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets