Returning Player

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Returning Player

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on February 3rd, 2022, 12:33 am

Returning player looking for some tips. This place has been eating at the back of my brain.

First I remember years ago reading about only needing to settle up for time played. If there is more info can someone refer me to that page.

I am also currently in Syka and lacking skills.
Are there rooms for rent? I assume any land claims have been returned. Should I assume I have been asked to leave?
I am also considering moving until I skill up. I need to read up on open cities.

Any tips or advice for how I should handle the time she was missing?

Thanks in advance.
Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Words: 77257
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2018, 11:38 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Returning Player

Postby Gossamer on February 3rd, 2022, 2:06 am

Hi there.

There is no page for 'settling up for time missing'. All you need to do is make sure you paid living expenses for the last season (and every season) you were active. You don't need to do anything for inactive seasons, so no worries there. It is nice to list them on your CS though so folks know you when you were gone etc.

If you are currently in Syka, vanished, then yes your land claim was revoked. I would suggest making up a reason why you 'vanished'... such as called elsewhere to care for a sick relative, or being captured by Svefra and just having escaped, etc. The sky is the limit there.

You can rent a bungalow or ranchero... they are listed in the codex. Any home you had that wasn't RP'd being built etc... is also gone. That was part of the agreement for getting free land. You had to be active and stay active to keep it.

You don't need to have skills to stay in Syka. You just can't go to the jungle alone without them (or you'll die) and you need to be actively working on advancing the skills you need to be in Syka each season.

Traveling elsewhere is also possible, but you need to be able to afford it and the closest city (Riverfall) isn't open for play atm. You'd have to make sure you pay the cost and take the time (time gone could be considered traveling time) if you want to move to another city etc. Most open cities aren't anywhere near Syka so the expense to move can be significant.

I would plot out a 'why I was missing' scenario, and in that scenario make your return possible... (relative grew better/died, Svefra let you go/you escaped) and return to RP as normal.

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Returning Player

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on February 3rd, 2022, 3:04 am

Thank you Goss.

I had not considered being captured. That is a good idea. I'll give it some thought.

I had my ledger setup, and I will add a bit about my absence for completeness.

I guess setting up will be a bit easier then I expected.

Thanks again!
Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Words: 77257
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2018, 11:38 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes