April's Featured Thread - A Friendship Forged in Gold

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Gossamer on April 1st, 2011, 6:11 pm

This lovely review provided by March's Featured Thread Winner: Jaeden Kincade

It doesn’t quite take a great scholar in the World Wide Miz to know that more often than not, a Myrian and Konti are so worlds apart that they’ll generally not stick around one another for long.

The Myrians are a warlike tribe, who fiercely defend their territory and devour the enemies they strike down. Nothing goes to waste.

The Konti are peaceful, healing seers, who take a more diplomatic approach to life, trying to avoid conflict.

Put the two of them in the same place and one will be shouting, “Get off my lawn or I’ll eat you!” while the other replies with, “Can’t we all just, get along? I’ll read your future.”

But with almost all things in life, there are exceptions to the such things. The interaction between Gunto and Kamalia display just that. While their interaction together was a little rocky at the start, what with Gunto being all loud and blunt, tossing small Konti into the water and Kamalia answering in kind by submerging Gunto with a wave of water, they eventually began to see eye to eye. By such, I mean that Kamalia didn’t remain entirely pacifistic and Gunto didn’t try to eat her.

Furthermore, as an attack broke out later on in the thread, it was revealed that the pair put aside all differences for the moment and fought together, kicking some medieval ass. By the end, their differences weren’t so completely settled that they made wild, passionate, jungle fever lovin’ amongst the pile of corpses, but they had established that with a tad bit of compromise and a lot of stubbornness, even two people who are almost completely different by nature’s standards can co-exist.

Sure, the gold likely would have helped moved the Myrian along the way a little, but the prospect of battle and free food just lying around after would have brought him to such, but the fact that he still surges forward even after Kamalia says in her own way, “Shoo, go away.” gives testament to how far a Myrian can step out of their own bounds. And Kamalia of course didn’t freeze his feet in place, or kick him in the junk twice over his stubbornness. Which shows how far she has grown in accepting a little help from others. Of course, Gunto didn’t kiss her, so the kicks may still be coming.

All in all, the thread shows that two races who would, by a most probable factor try to avoid each other many times (with the one other exception of a crazy little Konti wandering into the Fylandar jungles, kicking over tables and calling the Myrians weak), can co-exist easily enough when fate brings them together. That in of itself, is a lesson in life that can very often be overlooked. So very often, differences may be the only thing that one can focus on, but when the chips are down, if that one person is going to be the one who will keep you alive when alone you would die, those differences may not seem so bad at all.

So give it a read if you all will. It has something for both Genders:
Men: Violence, hot women who are drenched and wearing white
Women: A strong female lead, women of power(hear them roar!)

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Mizuriel on April 1st, 2011, 6:25 pm

Congratulations guys! It's not like i wasn't stalking your threads before, but now i can come out of the closet about it! :D
Mizuriel
The ugliest around, and quite proud of it xD

Words: 63255
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2011, 8:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jabran on April 1st, 2011, 7:07 pm

Congrats on this :D
I began to read this yesterday so now I'm really looking forward to it.
When this colour is used, Jabran is speaking Tawna
When this colour is used, Jabran is speaking Shiber
When this colour is used, Jabran is speaking Common
Jabran
The Red Crow Cometh

Words: 37909
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2011, 10:58 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Malia on April 1st, 2011, 8:33 pm

Congrats, Kam and Gunto! This is really well-deserved. I read the thread a while back and found it incredibly entertaining and beautifully written, and I even remember thinking how that thread deserved becoming the next Featured Thread ... Anyway, your writing is amazing. :)
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Isette on April 1st, 2011, 9:39 pm

Congrats, you two! :D Brilliant thread.
Isette
The Great and Silly Kitten

Words: 89516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Asim on April 2nd, 2011, 9:19 am

Congratulations, Sami and Jared. Very nice thread. I've been watching you two thread, because I like the style. And yeah, cause I'm a bit of a creeper. ^.^
Asim
Thunderbear! HO!

Words: 22947
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Sorian on April 2nd, 2011, 3:23 pm

Need I say much? Sammy as good as you were when you first brought me here, you've improved even more. More compact, less style, but more substance. And you describe Kamalia in such dignified and suitable words. I love it. <3

And Gunto? You ROCK. You're one hell of a description artist. You'd make a fine guardian for good ol' (OLD!) Kammy. Congratulations!

Moar power! And moar please! XD
Sorian
The wheels of life have slowly fallen off

Words: 202697
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Stitch on April 3rd, 2011, 1:32 am

The two of you are super amazing writers, and definitely awesome people. Congrats! I love you both a ton! <3
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)