What's this? (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

What's this? (Open)

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on April 19th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Quelen smiled and nodded in understanding to Serrif, "What I've heard of is that by using a large container, like a large pot or something similar, you can bring air down into the water to breath. If you'd like to try, I could come with you to make sure the water didn't claim you."

After her explanation Quelen couldn't help but give into her curiosity as she asked, "Is it rude to ask about others among the Konti, or even among Landwalkers?" she gestured to the stump of her left arm, "Neither you or Blythe have asked me about my arm. Or is it that such injuries are common among Landwalkers? I've heard it can be very dangerous on land with giant monsters, bandits, and other frightening things."

Despite the fact that she was talking about frightening things there was no fear on Quelen's face, just eager curiosity to learn what Serrif said in response.
Quelen Dran'Sora
Alt of Alenias, One-armed Musician

Words: 41376
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2011, 6:04 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

What's this? (Open)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on April 24th, 2011, 2:09 am

Serrif thought the entire process through. He figured it would indeed work. But it wouldn’t let him see anything under the water. Unless he could somehow get one made of glass. He wondered in his mind just how much water that would allow him to bring down with him. He thought this over in his head then came to the conclusion that he likely wouldn’t be able to bring more than a few breaths with him. And he would then be breathing in air he had breathed out earlier. And he didn’t know if that was even a good idea or not. He pondered some more then answered.

“I would have to look into that a little more before I attempted it. It seems a little dangerous. I would have to think it through.” He said once he had somewhat made up his mind on the subject.

He nodded when she mentioned her arm. “Bandits and such can be far more dangerous than a simple arm. Slavers especially. But the truth is many don’t wish to ask of things that could be potentially emotionally charged. Around here emotions are read easily. The women here have one of two gnosis marks. They can heal or they can see a person’s past brilliantly. Therefore the women here are caring and nurturing naturally. They don’t ask such things; and out of politeness neither shall I.” He said as he then pulled the collar of his shirt down slightly.

She would see radial scarring around his neck, jagged he couldn’t have done them himself. “You see M’lady we all have a story. Some just don’t wear the mark of the past as visibly as others. But do tell, what is the story behind your mark?” He said referring to her lost arm.
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

What's this? (Open)

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on April 24th, 2011, 4:05 am

Quelen gave a nod to Serrif at his response, "Of course, it's good to think before you act," she smiled at him, "If you'd like I could come with you when you try, so I could help if there was any trouble."

Quietly she listened to Serrif's explanation as to why there was no questions asked about her arm, nodding as she listened. When he pulled down the collar of his shirt her eyes widened slightly. She wanted to ask what had happened right then, but Serrif's comment about politeness stilled her tongue.

When Serrif then asked about her lost arm Quelen was surprised, but still smiled pleasantly at him, "I was careless while exploring around Charbosi, and my hand got caught between two rocks. My friends and family tried to free me, but in the end they had to remove my arm to save me," though she smiled as she spoke there was a hint of sadness to her voice.

She did miss having her hand, mostly for playing her harp. She could still play some, but not nearly what she had been able to do before. With a little shake of her head she pushed away those sad thoughts and tilted her head at Serrif, "Would it not be polite for me to ask about your mark?" she clearly wanted to know, but she didn't want to offend.
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

What's this? (Open)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on April 24th, 2011, 3:08 pm

He could tell the question was coming. He could literally see the curiosity prick in her eyes when she saw the scars. But his comment about politeness quieted the question if only for a moment. She explained her loss of an arm and to tell the truth Serrif was somewhat surprised. It couldn’t have been that difficult to have gotten the arm out. And well if the proper time was taken she could still have her arm…or so that was how he believed it in his mind. Sometimes he had a knack for making things simpler than they actually were. But that was his mind at work. He could almost feel it when she was going to ask about his mark. The tension was there the entire time.

“No not at all.” He said as he prepared himself for this story. He wasn’t really sure how to start or end it but he figured a brief overview was appropriate.

“Torture really. I was captured as a slave and tortured. I think three or four years then I escaped and ended up here. That’s honestly all I remember of my past right now. Everything before is erased.”
He shrugged it off.

“Sometimes things are just stranger than you could imagine.”
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

What's this? (Open)

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on April 25th, 2011, 1:45 pm

As Serrif explained where his scars had come from Quelen gave a soft gasp, and she stared at the mark with her eyes as wide as they would go. As he finished his explanation she reached out and touched the scar around his neck lightly with just the tips of her fingers, "It must have hurt very much... I'm glad you managed to escape and come here," she finished with a smile to Serrif.

While she was a little curious about his time as a slave the thought of what stories he might have to share scared her. She'd heard about slavery, but never had felt much desire to learn about it in detail. It just seemed such a horrible thing to do. So instead she turned her questions elsewhere, "So do you only remember being here in Mura? Have you ever gone elsewhere in the world, seen other cities or places?"
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

What's this? (Open)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on May 2nd, 2011, 2:31 am

“Pain is passing. Something you must know very well. It is also something I have learned.” He stated rather bluntly as he shrugged.

He viewed pain as one of those unpleasantries that one must deal with throughout life. It was something that he had also seen as separating those who really wanted something and those that would give up when it became too much. Pain was life’s way of separating those that were driven and those that were not. Pain….He could’ve given in and ended his own life. There were plenty of opportunities. But he wasn’t going to let them take him. No he was going to live. And until recently revenge was one motivating factor for him. However now he had gotten used to the fact that he likely wasn’t ever going to have the means to do so. And Mura….the people and this place had greatly calmed his personality. He was seeing things clearer now. Almost through a new set of eyes entirely. It was like all his life was a haze before now.

“I don’t remember going anywhere else. I was being held in a camp, I ran due South East and hit the shore. Once there I caught a ship and ended up here by chance. Really I haven’t really explored or cared to explore anywhere else but here. And I don’t know if I will ever find a reason to leave this place.”
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

What's this? (Open)

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on May 2nd, 2011, 5:48 pm

"I guess I do know something about pain, but I doubt anything as much as you," Quelen said with a soft smile as she slowly withdrew her fingers from Serrif's skin, "You seem to be a very strong man Serrif."

The Charoda listened carefully to Serrif as he explained what he did remember, but tilted her head as he finished. Quelen could remember feeling like that, never wanting to explore and find out what was beyond where she was, but that had passed for her. Maybe it was because of the hard life he had gone through, but it seemed Serrif was drastically different than her in more than just race.

"I don't think I could do that," she said with a smile, "At least not for long. Even knowing how dangerous the world can be out there I don't think I could ever enjoy just being in one place and never leaving. I did for a time after I lost my arm, because I couldn't play my harp properly anymore, but there's just so much out here in the world I want to see."

Realizing she might have come off rude she gave a little gasp and placed a hand on Serrif's shoulder, "I'm sorry! I'm not saying that I think there is anything wrong with you not wanting to go anywhere else. As long as you're happy with your life, that's what matters."
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

What's this? (Open)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on May 18th, 2011, 11:59 am

“I do know pain, but I believe it is impossible for anyone not to. Pain and hardship breed character; it is what seems to separate those who are driven and those that will give up. I have learned to push through it. And ignore it. Some think pain is their body telling them to stop; that it has had enough. But I believe one has to push through hardship to really get what they want; to really be happy.” That statement sounded slightly philosophical to him. He smiled and then shrugged.

“But that is just my take on things. Everyone has a slightly different view of the world. That’s likely the reason we don’t all see eye to eye.” He nodded that statement seemed true to him.

”You never know I may find myself leaving here one day. Maybe not any day soon. But maybe sooner than I expect. But again I don’t know fate or it’s workings. I am just along for the ride. I do what I can, and really fate seems to do the rest for me.”
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

What's this? (Open)

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on May 18th, 2011, 4:40 pm

Quelen listened quietly as Serrif spoke on his feelings about pain and life, not wanting to interrupt and be rude. She'd honestly never thought much about pain before, other than thinking it wasn't very pleasant or trying to not cause it to others. In Charbosi pain was something to fear and stay away from.

"Do you know any others that think of pain like you do Serrif?" Quelen asked with a smile, "It's a very interesting way of looking at things, and very different from any I ever heard among the Charodae."

Again she was silently as Serrif spoke about fate and going along with life, and then Quelen smiled brightly at him, "You're quite philosophical Serrif. When you say fate, do you mean the Gods? I have a friend who talked about being told what to do and serving his God. Do you have a God you worship?"

As she spoke Quelen began to swing her legs back and forth slowly, brushing her sandals against the grass. It felt a little strange to be just sitting still for so long, often in the water you had to do small movements all the time if you wanted to keep still.
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

What's this? (Open)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on May 24th, 2011, 4:08 pm

“When I say fate I mean just the flow of things. Sometimes things just happen; things we could never have foreseen. That doesn’t mean we are not responsible for the happening of these events. But rather that we never could’ve seen what our menial actions put into place. But there are events I must admit that I could never have seen happening; that I had no play in. Things sometimes just happen, but aren’t we all just players in this game of life? Aren’t we all just individual pieces in a much larger scheme of things that we can’t even begin to really comprehend?” He shrugged and then spoke again.

“I think about it the same way I view almost everything else. Sometimes things happen; it is my job to only do as much as I can. There are times when there is nothing else I can do; when I give everything and yet still it isn’t enough. That is when fate comes into play.”
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext