[Solo Training] My Life in the Sunshine

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Jin on April 15th, 2011, 9:27 pm

Spring 24, 510 AV

Out from the high mountains, lay the sun's oval shape body. Lighting up the area with its warming brace, and banishing all shades to their smallest portions. It had not the ability to seek every crevice and corner of the premises, but made its golden rays touch nearly 90 percent of it all.

And like a cleansing moment, the face of Jin was as gold as the rare item itself, with a touch of caramel to increase its value. He opened his eyes, and breathed. Meditation was a necessary method in keeping himself mentally stable. It was one of the key reasons how he lived in the past life, and somehow it returned to his subconsciousness, and started making it seem as though he had invented the feeling.

"Must have my mind become the beneficiary."

A saying he once said before in the past life. A sentence an old fellow he once titled to be his teacher said to him everyday since his youth.

Strange how ever since he left Syliras, for a good month, his subconsciousness started eating into the depths of the unknown recesses of his memories, opening few of the many dusty doors, with a dusty key laying right on the ground next to it. Creaking them open one at a time, finding things here and there, though still in the vast darkness, and only grabbing necessary materials one after another.
Yesterday, he learned about his sensing abilities, with the sensitive pores in the hands. A feeling he hadn't really found out about until someone dared to challenge him to battle. The man figured he could capture a Chaktawe, and sell him for great profit.

Sadly for him, his plans failed, and good for Jin, the reborn Chaktawe found a new, natural skill to use. When he opened his hand, moving it upwards, he could feel his surroundings. The wind. The dirt. The homes. It all tickled him. The People and animals, felt alive to him in a literally literature sense, and the feeling made his insides warm and circular.

Like that of the sun.
Last edited by Jin on April 15th, 2011, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jin
Player

Words: 28078
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2010, 4:04 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Jin on April 15th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Opening his eyes in a slow manner, Jin's stare stung dead on 90 degrees. The black eyes he inherited from the Chaktawe read a small figure coming. It's body wasn't in a calming mood, almost in a threatening behavior. He had to stop his meditating and his palm sensing because of it, and look at this entity with his own eyes.

The man was running.

In his hand was a dagger. His approach was a threat to Jin's life, so he leaped off his sitting, and prepared to fight unarmed. He was particularly good with his hands, and even better with his long legs. Once the man came in close, compressing his grip and reeling the dagger back, to support the thrust with all his strength, Jin took one step inwards, twisted aside, and kicked to the man's chin. A good practice... so he thought.

The man, although to have fallen to his knees, with his head knocked to the side, lips bleeding; he took Jin's foot with both hands, and swung the Chactawe around. Enough to stand, enough to develop equilibrium, and enough to throw him away, forcing Jin to fly 7 meters south.

This resulted in Jin having to find balance in the air. With the use of his hands, he could read the winds and where the ground was at. With a little amounts of natural calculation, he paced in his count to when he was going to fall from the throw. He shifted his body in the right form, having to create a backflip. As a result, he landed on his left arm and right knee, showing that he didn't have that much experience to catch total balance.

This man found the right spot for fight Jin; for the two were on a rooftop, where little to nobody could see the two. Only screams could be heard, and by the time someone could scream, it meant someone was succumbing to defeat. And Jin wasn't the type to scream, so he stood on his two feet and stood in defense mode; arms covering the torso in a way ready to counter whatever was to come, with his feet planted to the ground, firm enough to care little about the possibilities of him falling a five story drop.
Last edited by Jin on April 15th, 2011, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jin on April 15th, 2011, 10:06 pm

"You don't recognize me eh?"

The man finally spoke! It was rough, almost broken and sour. But, even when it was heard, the voice didn't sound familiar to Jin. This man's face was pretty beat up, and Jin could see why he could be mad at someone. But towards him, it wouldn't make sense.

Jin just arrived Ravok a month ago, and had nothing against anyone but the man who tried to capture him yesterday...

"Wait..." He paused his thoughts, and tried speaking of the image of a man he had in mind. "Are you that slave trader? Who tried taking me away just yesterday?"

"You fool! I was the boss. You kicked me in the throat before I could even attack. Taking me down in misery and hardly no voice. When I tried to fight the pains, and come back up, you trampled over my face fighting the idiot underling of mine. It's time for payback." And with that, he grabbed the dagger that he dropped, and ran up to his adversary once again.

The man was even slower than the first one. Each time he tried stabbing Jin, he lost all chances to make a second offense. Each time Jin could have countered each hit. But figured he could have a good exercise with this man. In his past life, as a Chaktawe warrior, it was natural for him to train with the enemy deemed weak. Another subconscious door had been unlocked.

"Stand still you---"

WIth one swing, Jin turned over everything. Sent the man's world upside down, and started punching. Intimidation and sudden fright went wild up and down the slave trader's spine, like water that keeps boiling and freezing, increasing and decreasing in less than seconds. One hit after another, the trader's was beginning to lose out in the battle. It was as if Jin practiced on him like a punching sack, with no resilience left in his ferocity. It wasn't that he didn't like him, but because today was a beautiful, sunny day. Almost in the afternoon. He didn't want it to turn to evening because of this battle. He had to end it sooner than later.

With a final hit, he went for the uppercut, ans struck the slave trader in the chin; forcing him to fly up ten feet, and fall off of the roof. Luckily, he landed on an empty home's porch, eyes having that expression that he was completely out of commission.

The noise, overall, between these two men, were not noticed by the citizens of Ravok.
Feeling a bit unsatisfied, Jin started to do push ups, sit ups, and finally cardiovascular exercises. Life felt better again, his mind found its calming point. With a balanced stance over a chimney, he breathed in, and out. Took what air he could gather, and out what he couldn't. Absorbing what stamina he had left, and reserving it. Then went to meditation stance, placing his mind somewhere else.

Little that he knew, from what it seemed, into his subconsciousness, seeking for old feelings and knowledge that he shared with his past life.
Jin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jin on April 15th, 2011, 10:21 pm

After taking up to an hour of meditation, he started looking at the sunlight, and figuring out the time by nature's suggestion. It had to have been middle of the noon. It was more than enough for him, and so he stood on his two feet, grabbed his shirt off the chimney all the way from the other side of the complex, and tied his hair into ponytail form using a strap of cloth.

The sun wasn't hot, nor was he. So he had more than enough, if not an abundant amount of stamina left to walk the day away.

~~~~~~

Out and off in the city, he spotted a large gathering taking place inside of the Nitrozian Plaza. He looked on to see what was going on. Each step he took towards it added more and more new bodies. By the time he had reached to where he could see what was going on, there were so many people there, he half of his breath was cut by the crowd's body heat. Odd, how body heat can do such wonders when next to another!

A child hit his knee, asking of she could see. She was very short, almost too small that he feared she could be trampled by them if anything wrong where to happen amongst them. Complying to her request, as he smiled he lent a hand. She grabbed the hand, and he helped her over to his shoulders, so that she could see the event going on.

It appeared the child knew of what was happening, so he asked: "What's happening here?"

"It's an execution."

"Why? What did they do?"

"I dunno. They might--"

And before they both knew, the Acolyte spoke of the event going on as he summoned the prisoners to the stage.

The little girl's mother then yelled out her name. It took her two screams to get to her attention. Jin turned around at the crowd, and so did the girl. Both of them saw her approaching. Jin gave the child to her mother, and the mother thanked him. Then went on asking if he was from here.

He told her no. She asked if he knew about Rhysol, he said no again.

She finished: "You're in for something new to your eyes then."

[continues here... http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post71482.html#p71482]
Jin
Player

Character sheet