[Flashback] Banishment

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

[Flashback] Banishment

Postby Nixa Madax on May 3rd, 2011, 4:11 pm

Lessons with Father

Date: Fall 500AV
“Focus your mind!” Whispers my father, Eirid Kavnat. “Reach out with your mind. Touch it.”
As the room goes silent, I can hear a faint ringing in my ears, but not in my ears. It feels as if, something is next to it whistling softly.
“Why am I blind?”
My eyes fly open when I hear those words. “What?”
“Blind, blind, blind.” The falcon on the pedestal in front of me bounces from foot to foot.
“Eirid?” I ask, bewildered, pointing at the bird of prey. “Did the...”
“HAHA!” Eirid exclaims, jumping out of his seat. “I told them my son was a prodigy! Thirty seasons and already reading a raptor.”
“How can you be so sure it was the raptor he read and not your overly stimulated ego?” Says Elmeen, my mother, as she sits in the corner of the room preening her own hawk. My parents have been paired together for forty seasons now. Being the son of two prominent Endals has kept me from doing the majority of Bendi tasks. They have made sure that I will, undoubtedly and unequivocally, be an Endal. I have spent most of my time in the aeries, or in studies with one of my parents or a teacher learning of the world and how things work on Mount Skyinarta. I don't very much like the aeries. I am always getting dizzy.
“I don't think Madax likes being blind.” I say softly as I watch the falcon, with it's hood on, bouncing from foot to foot, clicking it's talons every third bounce.
“Why do you say that, Nixa?” Elmeen asks, momentarily pausing from her task.
“Because. She told me.” I say matter-of-factly.
Nixa Madax

Why do I never go home?
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic9408.html
Nixa Madax
Player

Words: 2820
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 1:21 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

[Flashback] Banishment

Postby Nixa Madax on May 3rd, 2011, 4:17 pm

Privilege and Banishment

Date: Spring, 508
It's been thirty seasons since I read Madax for the first time. As soon as I left home to live in the youth section, Eirid gave Madax to me. I was overjoyed. Madax has become a great friend since then and continually helps me out.
I've avoided the aeries and flight lessons as much as possible and attended the archery classes instead. I keep mostly to myself and only lash out when mine, or my families honor, as been dirtied by someone. The instructors are perplexed at my behavior but let it slide seeing as I am a 'prodigy.' Thirty seasons of telepathy training – I am able to see what others see, mainly Madax – and archery have paid off. Many of the Chiet and Dek would die to lie in my bed, and even some of the Avora too.
Choosing begins this afternoon. Maybe I'll choose one of the women to help me 'celebrate' becoming an Endal.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The unthinkable happened... My own father... He.. he... cast me out. Banished me! All for not wanting to fly - not wanting ride an eagle, as if an eagle would choose me. Can you imagine? An Endal that faints at the thought of flying.........
I had to sneak Madax, my longbow and my vambraces with me as I left.
Why did they kick me out? For fear of flying? Why?
Last edited by Nixa Madax on May 3rd, 2011, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nixa Madax

Why do I never go home?
Nixa Madax
Player

Character sheet

[Flashback] Banishment

Postby Nixa Madax on May 3rd, 2011, 4:43 pm

Mercenary

Date: Spring, 509
The bow string springs forward in my hand sending an arrow 300 yards imbedding in the neck of a human. His name is unknown to me. Only the price I was paid. This is my first job as a mercenary. Not many would hire a short, scrawny boy. This was a low paying job. And easy. As soon as the human saw me, he ran. Ran as if the ghosts of his past were after him.
I'm next to the body in a couple of seconds and throw him over my shoulders and carry him back to Snowfrost, my mountain pony. I strap the human to the back of my pony after searching his pockets for anything useful – nothing.
By the time I'm back to town, the body has started to stink. The family that hired me pays me quickly and disappears back inside their house.
“Lazy humans... Make me dispose of the body you want dead.” Anger flares up in me and I drag the body to their doorstep and leave it there. I'm about to walk away when an idea occurs. "This may not be good practice, but..."
I write a quick note on parchment, strap it to an arrow, stake the arrow in the body, and toss it through a window.
Delivery of the merchandise is free of charge this one time

OOCJust a little backstory to establish where he got some of his equipment that I have listed in his CS as well as his ability with a bow and telepathy
Nixa Madax

Why do I never go home?
Nixa Madax
Player

Character sheet