[Takula Outpost] Mizahar Breathes (Lavia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Takula Outpost] Mizahar Breathes (Open)

Postby Azurk on May 9th, 2011, 12:56 am

Kalik watched intently as the Kelvic descended to the floor. She moved smoothly, as if she was a harmonious element of the world about her. As she walked, she came within such proximity of his body that he could smell her essence, distinct from the scent of an Akalak. Kalik twitched, for the tingling of his senses gave some life to Azurk, and Kalik struggled to will him back into submission.

The woman entered his home, and Kalik gathered the cloak that lied in the grass. He followed her inside, and she seemed so very tiny. In Riverfall, outsiders (particularly humans and Konti) weren't especially uncommon, but Kalik had not been into the city itself in some time. Their fair skin and small statures made them seem weak. And Kalik enjoyed that characteristic.
I can do with them whatever I please.

As he came in after her, Kalik saw that the Kelvic had her eyes upon the Lakan. However, she soon appeared to disregard it, for she ventured past it, deeper into his one-room abode. At the wall opposite the entrance was a hearth, and to the right of it was a wooden chest. Along the left wall was the Akalak's bunk, and in the center of the room there was but a single chair. On the right, just next to the door, was the small table with the Lakan upon its surface.

"I did not mean to cause trouble," the woman said. "I was.. fascinated by your stones. I suppose I let myself get too carried away. I apologize."

So she was not fluent in Tukant. Nevermind, Kalik thought. She need only to bring me a son...

"Stones?" Kalik wondered, realizing then that Azurk had built a pathetic stack of them just beyond the door. "They are a tribute," he guessed, "to our divine Wysar." Kalik reached his arm out backwards and closed the door without shifting his sight from the female in his house. "My name is Azurk," he lied. "And I am a great warrior even among the Akalak." The menacing grin returned to his face, and he eyed the prize within his closed home from head to toe. He saw before him a chance for grand status--a way to create an heir to his line and win respect from his fellow kin.

His hopes were folly. The Cerulean were permanent outcasts. But Kalik was ignorant and driven, and in his twisted dreams of future he saw himself respected and Esteemed. He would control Azurk and would have his cerulest reputation revoked.

The thought of Azurk caused Kalik to twitch again. The Akalak snarled loudly, for he was not accustomed to such mental resistance from his counterpart. Azurk's resolve was still out of form, though, and Kalik maintained control, though his face grimaced, revealing the effort he had to summon to keep his dominance. The pesterence from Azurk spurred Kalik to take action hastily.

"I must sire an heir!" he growled. Suddenly, he burst forward aggressively, hands outstretched and aiming to seize the Kelvic. He was fast, but the commotion gave speed also to Azurk, who now vied for control of his body with a surging assault on Kalik's mind. There had never before been so tumultuous a contest for the Akalak, and the rivalry disrupted his movements. He continued the attempted grabbing of the Kelvic, but Kalik was slower than he otherwise would have been, for his head ached from the battle.
Last edited by Azurk on May 9th, 2011, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men don't follow titles. They follow courage."
Azurk
Cerulean

Words: 46636
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Lavia on May 9th, 2011, 4:53 am

"Stones? They are a tribute to our divine Wysar."

Wysar. A name she heard very few times, but often enough for its mention to catch her attention. She wasn't familiar with much of the Akalak customs, but like most races she knew they believed in a much higher power. Though a common Kelvic, did not. Lavia often found herself admiring the earth and all its beauty -but never did she let her mind wonder if their was something much more greater. Something else in control, or something she should be giving all her faith to. The conversations of religion usually confused her, and at times seemed a bit unbelievable.

"My name is Azurk and I am a great warrior even among the Akalak."

He sounded quite sure and confident in himself, but she couldn't help but sense a huge amount of pride, even from the way his deep tone carried out behind the four walls. Pride, as she knew it, was a flaw that she found usually in those who could not cope with the fact they were truly unhappy. They pride themselves in what they do have, because they lack something from within. Pride in her eyes, was a very unhealthy characteristic to have.

An uneasy feeling cast upon her, sending an unexpected amount of very small protruding bumps along her arms, that were too small to see. They brought a chilling sensation, that shot up her spine as if she was standing on cold ice. Her arms lifted, her hands cupping each opposite arm, folding across her chest as she squeezed her own flesh. She was stuck in that moment where your feet feel heavy and your body feels weak. Her legs refused to move, her body remaining completely still as if she was just a figure, stick in ticking time. A naive human might had not realized something wasn't right at all, but a Kelvic has a higher sense of smell, sight and hearing -usually depending on their shifting animal. For Lavia, she was much stronger in hearing and her sight was at its best at night. Her ears were more alert, tuning out even the slightest bit of noise from outside the walls, focusing on the breathing and small inches of movement she could hear. Her eyes were still occupied as they watched the tiny bits of dust moving around without purpose or direction.

"I must sire an heir!" the boisterous voice shouted from behind her.

Lavia turned on her heels, without second thought to register the fact she was being attacked. The large hands reached towards her, while his body seemed to have struggled to move. Though it appeared he was suffering from his own struggle to maneuver, Lavia knew not to take the risk of loosing her life. Not a second time.

Her eyes quickly shifted towards the door that he was blocking, seeing that it was now shut and out of her reach. She knew she had to act quickly, and without another thought to slow her down, the lights that were seen before surrounded her frame and absorbed her within seconds. She was already a few feet off the ground, her wings flapping hastily. She reversed her position, hovering near the ceiling but not high enough to be completely out of his reach. She began to violently snap her beak and hiss, which wasn't as pleasant as her previous soft hooting. As much as Lavia did not want to attack this man, she knew it might have been her only way for escape. Besides, her intentions were only to wound him and get him out of the way, so she could possibly pry open the door. It was worth an attempt.

Lavia quickly hovered over him, and extended her limbs, her talons quickly clawing near the top of his head, aiming for the flesh of his face as closely as she could. She was growing tired, quite quickly than usual. A Kelvic can shift as much as he or she wants at any time of the day, but with consequences. If not fed and revitalized as much as needed, it meant danger. She then wished she had taken in much more than water, before leaving her tent for such an unexpected occurrence.

Fluent Common | Basic Tukant | Poor Tawna
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Words: 94725
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2011, 3:23 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Azurk on May 9th, 2011, 9:23 am

OOCDecided to use one of these frames; just an FYI.
Although he had witnessed the owl shift into human form only minutes prior, the magic of shifting was still unfamiliar to Kalik, and he found it difficult to track the Kelvic whilst simultaneously nullifying Azurk's endeavors for control. The Akalak was heavily disoriented, and the owl that arose from the short-lived flare of magic evaded his clutches. The dark will of Kalik was not so easily deterred, however. The bird thrashed its talons against his skin, scratching him incessently. Kalik shrank back momentarily, feeling the sharp pain of light cuts on his forehead.

Kalik howled and then retaliated. The Akalak shielded his eyes with his left arm, cursing the owl's melee. At the same time, he understood that the nearness of the creature required to slash him with claws meant that the Kelvic was easily within grabbing range. She had taken a risk and proven that she possessed enough mettle to resist an opponent with a daunting size advantage over her. A fitting mother for my line.

Kalik extended his right hand blindly to the table by the door, setting his fingers onto the ritualistic blade that Azurk had once crafted and called his own. Azurk had been a promising warrior--even Kalik acknowledged this. But Kalik would evermore chuckle at the lighter soul, for Azurk, in Kalik's eyes, had turned away from the path of the honorable warrior. Azurk chose shame and seclusion; Kalik believed he was the one who would make himself the envy of all Akalak. Someday I will be a Champion, and in my later years I will have a seat in the Elder Council, where my word will be that of the warrior.

But for now, Kalik was engaging in a skirmish with an owl that was a fraction of his size. His right hand took up the Lakan, and his left hand leapt up from its defensive position over his face in a second attempt to grab the Kelvic. He raised his Lakan and poised it threateningly in the direction of his target.
Azurk
Cerulean

Character sheet

Postby Lavia on May 9th, 2011, 4:59 pm

The last time Lavia could remember being provoked to attack was the day of her escape. The night she swore to the stars she would no longer be any ones drudge. The struggle between her and the Akalak was reminiscent to that memory, triggering her emotions. She couldn't give up. She wouldn't give up. No matter his race, no matter his size and no matter his advantage he had over her. She felt her talons snagging only bits of skin at a time, not being able to obtain a grip of any sort. She continued to claw at his skin defensively, not giving much thought to her next move. She just knew she had to give it all she had, win or loose.

Her senses heightened as she watched the movement of his right hand grasp for his weapon. She was more focused on that limb than his other, failing to realize he had then extended his left arm away from sheltering his face, to reach upwards and grab a hold of her. She continued to claw at his crown until she felt the pulling of her tarsus, bringing her down from the ceiling and held tight by the grasping of his hand around her leg. The owl hissed in frustration of possible defeat, her wings continuing to flap angrily, hoping to be able to gain enough strength to pull away. The Lakan was then lifted, and as it swung in defense it successfully made contact with her nape, then grazed against the mantle of her wing, causing her to hiss and hoot in pain. Her instant reflex were used with her talons, as they grabbed a hold of the wrist that was supporting his grip, viciously digging her talons in to his flesh. With every bit of strength she had left, she managed to withdraw her tarsus from his grip, her wings carrying her to the corner of the room. Her movement was very sluggish and slow, the injury to her wing beginning to affect her flight and stamina. The fatigue and lassitude was quickly having its way from her constant shifting, causing her wings to begin to decrease their movement. She was beginning to panic, and spotted the window framed with thick glass but not impossible to shatter. She used the little bit of fortitude that remained, allowing her wings to carry her as quickly as they could to the window. She began to anxiously peck at the glass with her beak, and even begin to claw and scratch with her talons. She hissed with anger, until her body gave up entirely. The owls wings abruptly stopped their flapping, the body of the owl falling on to a chest, and then without movement, slid on to the floor. The same lights surrounded the owl, the sight of a heavily breathing body appearing, stretched along the floor. Her eyes were as wide as the sun, holding the disappointment of defeat. Her right hand tightly gripped on to the small cut on her left arm, which didn't affect her much in this form. A mild sting was all it was, as well as the sharp pain she could feel on the side of her neck. Her hand began to fill with blood as she laid there, motionless.

"Is this what you wanted?" she spoke out, not in Tukant but in common, the language she was most familiar with, "To have your way with a woman when she is most accessible and defenseless?"

Her own words caused a feeling of pain to sink in to her chest, her eyes beginning to warm and swell with water.

"-to sire an heir. And heir of shame, I suppose. You are most pathetic." she said, her teeth gritting with anger as she closed her eyes, the pressure of her eyelids causing the tears to fall just from the corners of her eyes, "I was once like you. Stuck in a cage, without hope. You're nothing but an animal, just like me." she paused, turning her head to the side, her eyes remaining closed, ready for what was to come next, "The only difference of me and you? I never let my circumstances determine my life or make me who I was. But you -you will remain an animal. Until your dying day."

Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Azurk on May 9th, 2011, 6:38 pm

The flurry of sharp scratches continued, damaging his skin further as Kalik exposed his face to grab the owl. He managed to find a loose grip on her leg, dragging her down to chest level. She persisted in her battering and hissing, and Kalik roared in response. Her talons raked at the flesh of his hands, and the Akalak bled and his hold was weakened. He felt the bird slipping away, and in a bout of fury he slashed the creature. It cried out, and the noise once more prompted insurgence from Azurk.

The bird flapped away, and in his frustration and anger, Kalik was sufficiently distracted for Azurk to take consciousness. The Kelvic assailed the cottage window, desperate to break out, and Azurk saw clearly the tragedy of his condition. The Akalak fell to the floor, for Kalik had not yet been completely ousted: the soul brothers both strived for control, each one possessing partial consciousness. He held his head in his hands, for his split mind pained him. He looked up and saw that the Kelvic had collapsed, and she spoke to him but the words seemed distant and foreign.

Kalik beat his fists onto the wooden floor, and Azurk shook his head, sensing that he was acquiring the upper hand.
"I was once like you. Stuck in a cage, without hope. You're nothing but an animal, just like me," said the woman. Her accent was most apparent now, but the sound soothed Azurk's mind. The ache of Kalik began to fade, and he watched her, mostly silent.

"The... difference of me and you? I never let my... my life or make me who I was. But you -you will remain an animal. Until your dying day."
Common. She spoke common. Azurk's level was not remarkable, but it was enough. He stared at her for a while after she spoke, and he noticed that he was breathing quickly. By his hand, a small volume of blood gathered on the ground. He lifted it up, smearing and staining, and he climbed back upright.

With caution, he approached the Kelvic, splayed helplessly on his floorboards. He saw that she, too, was injured, and though the damage appeared negligible, her condition gave the impression that she was, at the very least, exhausted. Her nakedness was striking, and he was somewhat uncomfortable, but he supposed that it was the manner of the Kelvic.

Kalik could have killed her. The truth was stark. Had he not been so lucky to apprehend control...
I won control? The miracle surprised him. To compete with Kalik was unusual enough for him, but to actually triumph over him? He wondered if he had ever done it, even in the early days of Kalik's emergence.

"I am sorry," he told the woman softly. He hesitated a moment, then took initiative and lifted the woman up and placed her on his bed. He backed away after doing so, until he was a fair distance away from her. He feared that Kalik may return.

"Cerulean... and rightly so," he mumbled to himself. "I am scared you are not safe in this place," he warned her, exercising his Common for the first time in a while. "I am... dangerous. I don't want for your pain."
Azurk
Cerulean

Character sheet

Postby Lavia on May 9th, 2011, 8:01 pm

Lavia felt the thumping vibrations through the floor boards, causing her body to gently if ever so slightly move with each thump and bump. The snarling and grunting of the Akalak, along with his heavy and quick breathing filled her ears. She knew he too was injured, but it was more than just the wounds on his flesh. She was confused, yes, by his conduct and behavior, finding it odd that a man who could appear so innocuous through his eyes, held such a evil and dominate presence within. The fear inside of her seemed to cease, for she was no longer afraid but instead overwhelmed with so much appreciation for the short years of her life she did get to experience. She was never the negative type, but she couldn't help but slowly accept that this was the last day of her existence. To never be able to soar against the breath of the earth, or feel the soft touch of natures grass. A smile gently pulled at the corner of her mouth, her breathing beginning to slow down and take its natural pace. Her mind wandering to a place she was familiar with -the Bluevein river. Home. As if she was there, she could feel the cool splash of water sweeping against her skin, taking her under and allowing her to mingle with its small beings and allowing her taste its refreshing elixir. She wanted more than anything to return home. But instead, she was here, in the presence of a menace.

"I am sorry," the Akalak spoke, his words almost as kind as she first hoped them to be.

She turned her head, opening her eyes and allowing the last drops of tears to fall, beginning to wet just near her ears. Her eyelashes soaked in the salty liquid, defining them more than usual, giving them a much darker shade. He reached for her, and she did not even give the slightest budge to fight him away. She simply let him take her body in to his arms, to then gently place her on the soft surface of his bed. This did take her a bit by surprise, how his mind set and intentions seemed to quickly interchange. What was this creature? -more than a typical Akalak. She was sure he must have been mentally unstable.

"Cerulean... and rightly so," he mumbled to himself. "I am scared you are not safe in this place," he warned her, "I am... dangerous. I don't want for your pain."

He backed away from the side of the bed, as if he was truly scared of his own self and his capabilities. Lavia looked up in his direction, her glossy golden eyes blinking as she gently shook her head.

"If you do not want for my pain, then why deceive me like you did?" she asked, her eyebrows frowning, a hint of sadness showing through her expression, "I am not safe in any place as long as there are predators like you. Fooled, it should be my own fault. Curiosity can be a dangerous characteristic all its own." she said, looking away as she removed her hand from her arms, her palm smeared and covered in crimson blood, "You are not dangerous to me.. Only dangerous to yourself."

She moved the blood covered hand to the pain she could feel in her neck, pressing lightly against the gash. It was much larger than the one on her arm in length, but not as deep. It was bleeding, but not as much as her other injury. Her movements were still very slow, her body still very weak. She needed food. She needed water and she needed rest before she could attempt again to shift and carry herself back to her own resting place. She refused to ask him for anything, and would suffer as long as she needed to. She could possibly rest for the next couple of minutes, in hopes to gain enough strength from that. But she knew that wasn't logical. Her body needed nourishment. Rest just wouldn't cut it all on its own. But still she wasn't so sure how long his calmed ways would last. After all, this Akalak was truly unpredictable.

She turned her head back in his direction, staring up towards him.

"Water.. I need water."
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Azurk on May 9th, 2011, 10:03 pm

The delicate creature in his bed looked directly at him, and the consistency of her eyes between her owl and human form was clear. Gold, and precious like gems, they gleamed in the mild brightness of his home. In a strange way, with their ripe, golden glow, they reminded him of honey, a favorite treat of his.

She spoke, accusing him, and with reason to do so, for it was none other than his body which had attacked her. He felt stricken by guilt. Kalik had been at the reins, working sinister plots and behaviors, but it was by the failure of Azurk that he was allowed to do so. Azurk had not fought his dark soul with enough vigilance, and now the Kelvic was harmed. Indeed, it was the teaching of the Akalak that made discipline a responsibility: the existence of a second soul did not excuse an individual from being held liable for the actions of his body. If I were strong--if I were worthy of the blessings of Wysar, I would have stopped Kalik long ago. I fell short.

"I am sorry," he said again, unable to console her beyond this. Kalik and the misfortune of the Akalak race, including the role of the Cerulean... It is too much to explain. My lips don't run as they used to.

He believed that she could not stay here, in Takula, for she would be as a sheep among wolves. He could not begin to trust himself around her, let alone they other Cerulean. She was shaken, though, and perhaps too weak to take flight as an owl. He had seen Kalik maim her neck and wing, and the blade of a Lakan upon the body of a small animal was harsh even with minimal contact. At the thought of it, he spotted is Lakan on the floor, near the blemish of his own blood. Kalik must not have it.

"I need water." The strained voice of Kalik's victim drew his attention. Azurk nodded, and he winced at the sight of the Kelvic he had injured. He scorned himself in his own mind for such wickedness. He knelt down and took up his Lakan, then approached the Kelvic.

"I am Azurk. Him, before," he struggled with his phrasing, trying to recall his lessons from his father, "he was Kalik. My brother." He held the Lakan by the blade and offered her the handle. The gift of Lakan had great meaning for the Akalak, but Azurk knew that the Kelvic should be in possession of the weapon in case Kalik returned. "Hold this, for being safe. I will get water."

He left the bedside and went to his chest. He opened the manual lock and lifted the wooden top off of the container. He fetched his waterskin, which he had filled earlier in the day, unwound the cap, and then returned to the Kelvic.

"Here is some."
Azurk
Cerulean

Character sheet

Postby Lavia on May 9th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Her eyes began to feel warm, her throat parched and a numbness beginning to pinch at the tips of her toes. Her body was going through its usual change, for it was on the edge of shutting down, in need of dire attention and sustenance. The Akalak who seemed full of colloquy before hand, was only apologetic, his expression filled with great contrition.

Why feel sorry for him.

She thought to herself, asking why she should show him any type of pity or clemency? But she did -it was indeed buried in her nature to be forgiving. She could not hold such animosity against him, because it would only be a burden on her own shoulders. People have reasons behind the way they are, but there was one reason she would never accept. I was born like this. She knew he had a story, maybe a story she would not understand. The Kelvic after all, were a simple race with simple understanding, and the most complex of things could often confuse them.

"I am Azurk. Him, before, he was Kalik. My brother. Hold this, for being safe. I will get water." he said, as he held on to the widest part of the blade, extending the handle in her direction.

She stared to the sharp blade, the handle within her reach. Cautiously and with a bit of hesitation, she took hold of the Lakan and placed it in front of her face, beginning to inspect such fine crafting. It wasn't the structure of a usual and common sword, but much more intricate yet something so beautiful about it. But, it was a weapon. A weapon that had the potential to take her life. She laid the Lakan at her side, away from his reach and just near the wall where the beds side rested against. Her eyes followed, who she now knew as Azurk, as he walked over to his chest and retrieved the waterskin. Walking back over to her after closing his chest, he handed it in her direction.

"Here is some."

She placed her left hand on the edge of the bed, gripping on to the padding as tightly as she could, using the little bit of strength she had to pull her upper body upright in order to drink the water. She grabbed a hold of the waterskin, and before she took even the smallest sip, she lowered her head in gratitude.

"Thank you, Azurk." she said, in a faint and soft whisper just before lifting the opening of the waterskin to her lips, and beginning to drink.

What started out as a sip, ended up being a very heavy drink, finishing off every drop of water she could. The cool feeling down her throat and in to her body almost instantly gave her the slightest bit of relief. Still, it wasn't enough to ensure she would have enough strength to make it home. Once she took in all the water from the waterskin, she removed it from her mouth and a sigh of contentment left the womans lips, her eyes becoming fixated back on to Azurk as she reached out her arm, her hand holding on to the waterskin to hand it back to its owner.

"I am Lavia." she said calmly, clearing any wonderment he had of what he should refer to her as.

She set her hands on to her bare thighs, her eyes not finding any reason to leave his.

"-and your brother as you called him. Kalik. He has a unique way of making one feel welcome." Sarcasm was able to be sensed in her words, in an attempt to crush the awkwardness that found its way between the two. "I do not know many Akalaks who speak such understandable Common."

She was sure he could say the same. The languages that Kelvics knew always varied and depended on where they spent most of their time. Lavia has been everywhere imaginable. First, starting her life in Syralis, and then taking her own sought out adventure around Mizahar. But she always ended up back in Riverfall, for at least an entire season out of a year. And around Riverfall, where many Akalaks. She has had her chance to mingle amongst them and acquire a few acquaintances, but she has never built relationships with them. Though, her time spent in Riverfall has blessed her with fair understanding of the Tukant language, and even ability to speak it to a certain extent.

"-and you have probably never met a Kelvic who can speak Tukant." she continued, her eyes beginning to shift around the room, examining things even to the smallest details.

He's probably never even met a Kelvic. Or anyone outside of his own race. -She thought to herself, wondering just what an Akalak was doing confined behind such a massive barricade of stone walls. She didn't want to ask, or poke in business that wasn't hers. Besides, she wasn't sure if she was among an enemy, or potential acquaintance and friend. She was still slowly getting her feet wet in this situation, feeling her way around through small conversation, facial expressions and eye contact. The more she stared at him, the more she couldn't help but to trace the strange markings on his face with her eyes. She didn't want to ask. She did want to ask. No, she didn't. Curiosity was such a bother.

She quickly looked away after that maladroit moment of your eyes being caught staring for much too long. She pulled her eyes to her own flesh, and taking a moment she realized how uncomfortable her nature usually made others feel. She was of course, comfortable in her skin, but she was considerate of anothers feelings towards a Kelvics character and ways of living. She reached for the sheet that lined the cot, and quickly pulled it over her lower body, her feet and lower legs sticking from under its shelter. Nothing more than her spine and back shoulders were now exposed, while her hair was just enough to cover the front part of her torso.

"Why are you here? Behind so much stone.." she asked, no longer able to hold her tongue on to one of the many questions that was itching at her. "Why are you not with the other Akalaks.. In paradise?"

That is simply what she saw all of Riverfall as. A lush and beautiful paradise, that welcomed any lonely, wandering traveler with open arms.
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Azurk on May 10th, 2011, 7:14 am

The Kelvic took the waterskin.

"Thank you, Azurk." She eagerly consumed the drink, sparing no liquid. Azurk was almost startled to hear his name spoken by so feminine a voice. She finished her gulping (which had made quite a sound) and presented the empty container back to him. He took it, but simply laid it at the foot of the bed, wondering if she had received enough. She seeed to enjoy the amount available, but she had downed it with such alacrity that he doubted she was completely satisfied.

"I am Lavia," she introduced herself in the Common language, and at last he felt as though he could identify the being who had helped him to overcome the strength of Kalik by something more unique than her race. Certainly, Kelvics were something that Azurk had seen only a few times in Riverfall, and almost none of them had been independent. Lavia.

With obvious sarcasm in her tone, Lavia ridiculed Kalik and his vicious character. Azurk found this to be strange. After all, Kalik had been near to seriously injuring or killing her only a few moments before. He would have expected greater contempt and reproval from the target of his attacks; he expected punishment for his lapse in discipline.

"I do not know many Akalaks who speak such... Common." Azurk tilted his head minutely; he was unsure of how to recieve the compliment. He did not consider his Common to be as fine as the Common of many Akalak. Still, when he was among Akalak, he spoke Tukant, and they did the same. Perhaps she knew better than he in that regard. And if she did, that meant she had spent time in Riverfall before.

"And you have probably never met a Kelvic who can speak Tukant." She was accurate in this guess. As far as Azurk knew, no other Kelvics did speak Tukant, for though he had seen them in Riverfall before, never had he conversed with any. At least, not within any memory he could recall at the moment.

While Azurk's eyes did not stray far from the gaze of Lavia, he did not sustain prolonged eye contact. He meant no implications, and did not want to over-establish his presence, especially considering the shameful spell he had been under so recently. He had harmed the creature that had so unwittingly captured his attention and he did not want to risk making it feel threatened by watching it like prey. He did notice, however, when Lavia shifted her sight from him to her own body. She was, even now, naked, and she may have just realized it, for she took the liberty of covering herself with his sheets.

"Why are you not with the other Akalaks? In paradise?" Her question came abruptly. Azurk knew she was talking of the Outpost, and he assumed that by "paradise" she meant Riverfall. He supposed that was how the scenic city of the Akalak appeared to foreigners. In these days it almost appeared like a paradise to him, too.

Discussing his branding and place in the cult of the Cerulean was an obstacle for Azurk. The story behind it was not a tale he liked to revisit. And in spite of his personal reservations, the duality of the Akalak race was not a secret that the all-male society readily shared with the world. Discussing the Cerulean would require unveiling the darkest of details about the potential for chaos and instability in the Akalak.

"It is a hard thing to tell," he said. "Many of us kept here are vicious warriors. It is a place dangerous for you." He recognized that he had not really answered her question, for he felt constrained by the expectations and unwritten codes of his kin. Plus, he had already spoken far more than was usual for him lately and it seemed somewhat unnatural.

"Need you more water?" he asked. "More food?" He had food rations in his chest, but water would require accessing the Outpost's well or, if she preferred, leaving for the Bluevein River. At least it would get her out of Takula. That considered, she could be in need of further recovery before making any such journey.
Azurk
Cerulean

Character sheet

Postby Lavia on May 10th, 2011, 6:28 pm

"It is a hard thing to tell," he said. "Many of us kept here are vicious warriors. It is a place dangerous for you."

She began to realize how much different Azurk was from his 'brother' Kalik. While Kalik seemed to have a thirst for danger, Azurk was constantly reminding her of how dangerous it was behind the thick stone walls. As if there was a little concern for her own safety, in every word he spoke. How can someone live with the constant struggle of battling and inner demon? -and to call that demon, brother? She could sense his disinterest of the certain subject. Maybe the question she asked, struck a nerve, a memory, of something he simply did not want to share. Lavia understood completely, for she had her own list of touchy subjects. Because of her understanding, she knew not to push the subject any further.

"Need you more water?" he asked. "More food?"

Generous. Benevolent.
Lavia pulled her legs closer to her chest as she dragged them off of the bed, and towards the floor. Her legs, seemed limitless while her torso wasn't as elongated. The length of her legs is what gave her so much height for a woman. Her feet did not have to hover over the floorboards, but instead rested flat, her posture upright as she sat on the edge of the bed. Now turned to face Azurk, no longer having to turn her neck to give a look in his direction. In a way she felt she was being such a heavy burden. Drinking his water and now, about to partake of his rations. The roles were switched. Because of the Kelvics nature, Lavia would have been the one sharing her home, giving her food and catering to the needs of others. She had never once been treated so kindly. And not mention, in such a awkward situation.

"Anything would be nice." she said, the smile on her lips no longer having to be forced and seeming practiced. It was a smile that she intended to paint across her mouth, with gratitude.

She looked away, knowing he was going to move eventually, to gather the food or extra water he might have had. Water..

"Have you ever been to Bluevein river?" she asked curiously, her mind wandering, "It's where I am from. Well, not where I was born, but I make home there one season out of a year. Usually Spring." her eyes lifted, looking towards the window, the sun still peeking through, "I suppose its because Riverfall has always been so beautiful in the Spring. The water is always still and calm, the grass is at its greenest, the flowers so bright and healthy -and the breeze.." she closed her eyes, her hands crossing over her chest as the held on to each opposite arm, "-carries you in such a delightful way."

Her voice paused, the room becoming silent before she spoke again. Her eyes opened and a heavy sigh passed through her parted lips, her posture slumping just a bit. She was becoming comfortable. Even in the midst of such 'danger'.

"A world like yours. A place like this, hidden behind these tall walls can not be as dangerous as you say." she said lowly, almost in a whisper but loud enough for the closest ear to hear, "Frightening, yes. But from what you have shown, even the most vicious of behaviors can be tamed."

Her eyes fell away from the suns light, beginning to make their way back to Azurk, trying to catch sight of his eyes.

"You do not speak much." she commented, her smile slowly fading, "My own fault once more. I shouldn't run my mouth so much. It runs like water at times. I apologize."

She released the gentle grip she had on her arms, bringing her hands to her lap and cupping them together, her eyes finding a target on the floor.

Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext