[The Labyrinth]Prayers to Izurdin[Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Landeril Shieldus on May 16th, 2011, 4:45 am

He shook his head and smiles "This way you will owe me nothing. I do not mind if you don't wish to teach me." He brought his hand up as if sensing her thoughts.

At the words kill, he shook his head "My weapons are for self-defense only and as for my calling. I go where the wind takes me, to be honest and it blew me to you." He looks at her, speaking of his reason to learn poisons, "I just wished to expand my knowledge. To know what poison does what." He shrugs.

At her question about his family, he nods, smiling. "I have a wife. Her name is Iris. She's been with me about a year now. No children. Though, My darling Iris wants one, bless her human heart." He sighs in content memory of his wife, and life partner.
~Landeril, The Isurian Black Smith of Denval

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post75095.html#p75095
Landeril Shieldus
The Exiled One

Words: 12299
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 6:27 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Maliken on May 17th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Maliken nodded slowly as her new friend spoke of his wife. A full year, and a human girl. It all sounded so odd to her, yet so right. Maliken hadn't thought about family much in the past few years, only as a child, a younger child that is, and with dreamy little poorly imagined lifestyles she could have. Especially now that she saw herself as useless, finding a significant other, in her eyes, wasn't possible, nor was it fair to whoever could still find interest in her. "Then you are blessed by more than just Izurdin. Cheva also smiles upon you. But if this is the case, then I reject your offer for assistance." Maliken expected that this would come as a shock to the Isur, such a sudden answer. "I am not so desperate to return to my old self that I would sacrifice your marriage, your wife's happiness. If I was married, I would want a child as well. If we were to travel, to search the secrets of this ridiculous dream that I'm not even sure is possible, and bring you along, your Iris would be neglected. As much as I want your help, and I do, I could not live with myself knowing I have hurt the one you love. You must stay with her, give her a child if you desire it, and it would be best to forget about me and my problem. You have your own life to construct." Maliken continued to walk slowly, her awkward sway coming from the missing arm at her left always visible.

"Humans never live long anyway. Even when we are in our middle years, humans are old and dying. Enjoy her while you have her. You are likely to outlive her. Make her happy in her short life, you'll find more pleasure than this pointless journey to help a stranger."
Maliken
Coasting by

Words: 32168
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Character sheet

Postby Landeril Shieldus on May 18th, 2011, 6:36 pm

OOC :
I think she might be a Vanthe. I'll have to double check v.v

Landeril chuckled, shaking his head, his eyes going to her. "Oh. It won't be that easy. Iris travels with me. She takes care of my injuries." He stated, bowing his head as he reached up to rub the back of it. "I don't always watch where I'm going. Led to a few....unsavory situations." He sighed, shaking his head as he looks towards her, "My wife enjoys the travels. She gets to learn about different Herbs and medical practices." He waves his hand to pass aside the worry. "As for children. She is still young." He stated to the Female Isur, his eyes closing as he yawned. "And Our Life has been travel the entire year we have been together. She will not complain about more. Nor will she die in those years." He glances towards the other Isur.

"So. My offer stands. I will help you." He bowed his head, looking up at her with his dark green eyes, "My word to Izurdin." He swore an oath, binding himself to helping her in whatever way he could. He was a good smith, and knew a bit about metal working. He also knew the tales of great mage warriors in Syliras. He could only wonder if they'd be able to help. "Perhaps we should visit the Syliran Knights? They have Mage Warriors of great reknown." He offered, his voice firm and set, his eyes offering no ground to argue about him traveling to help her.

Landeril Shieldus
The Exiled One

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Maliken on May 21st, 2011, 1:02 am

"Any my answer remains." Landeril was obviously stubborn, trying to get Maliken to drag him along with her, possibly years of work. Maliken was certain he didn't understand what it was he was asking for. He was married, his wife wanted a child, and travel was enough of a hassle, not to mention a danger, already. Maliken shook her head slowly. "I will consider your offer, but your Iris deserves more attention. You said she wants a child, give her one. The road is no life for a young mother, keep her safe. But, if you are this dedicated to me, for what reason I cannot be sure, then I'll shall speak to you before I leave Denval. If your offer stands and your situation changes, then I will allow you to accompany me." Maliken sighed, thoroughly exhausted with this subtle civil debate of whether or not it was alright to bring Landeril into this mess.

"I know nothing of Syliras, but I have heard of a place, Sahova. They have golems there. Creations of iron and magic that thrive with life. If these people can create such a thing, can't they teach me to make an arm that works? I can't see why not." Maliken looked up into the sky, offering up a single moment to hope, to believe in her dream, to accept that very faint possibility that it was achievable, that she could return almost to normal, that Izurdin can look at her and smile rather than be ashamed of his crippled daughter. Hope was dangerous, it was rare she sacrificed any time for the sake of it. "Keep your word to Izurdin. I prefer actions over them. Words can shatter lives too easily, but never will they rebuild them." Maliken looked over at Landeril, her eyes reacquired a strong dark cold gaze, a sign of passionate pain. She already let go of her hope, such a short life it was.
Maliken
Coasting by

Character sheet

Postby Landeril Shieldus on May 21st, 2011, 4:38 am

The Man, as his wife would often say, was as unbending as cold iron, and about as hard to break. He turned his eyes towards Maliken and shook his head, "Children can wait. She would understand my reasons. Plus." He drew the longsword at his side a ways from the sheathe, "I am skilled enough with a sword." He stated, drawing the well crafted steel blade, holding it up before him. "I forged it myself. I call it Immortalis." The blade sat in his hand, balanced for him, thanks to his masters help. The steel was light, but strong, honed to a perfect sharpness. He sheathed the blade as simple as he drew it, returning it to his sides. He was going to help her, if he had to send word to do so to someone he knew, if he could find anyone.

He nods to her words, bringing a hand up to rub his chin, the green tint in his arms showing. "Sahova. I think I heard of this." He nods, snapping his fingers "I travelled through Sahova about ten years ago." He stated, nodding "They should be able to help." He looks at her, watching her expression soften as she looks to the sky. He smiles only a little and shakes his head, saying a silent prayer for her. Help your daughter, Father Izurdin. She is lost, and needs your guidance. The Male would pray in his mind, his thoughts kept to himself. He knew what it was like to be hopeless, and alone. He had felt that way a lot during his travels, and too often for his liking. But he would not allow another to think all was lost, "I would not betray my Father. I swore to help you, and I shall." His eyes meet her own, his dark green eyes staring hers down without hesitation. He was as adamant as stone in his desire to help her, the spark of hope burning in his eyes. "I shall at least help you get passage if I can do nothing else. But I plan to travel with you. Perhaps I can learn more then just my journeymen skills."

Landeril Shieldus
The Exiled One

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Maliken on May 27th, 2011, 3:34 am

Maliken looked over at the older Isur, he was so friendly, she was actually warming up to him. It had been so long since she found someone like her, as obsessed as her, and actually genuinely kind. Maliken felt a tugging at her cheeks, a smile, it was rare for her, but she couldn't resist it right there. She smirked as she looked beside her as she walked. "Stubborn bastard. I could convince a mountain to move sooner than I could convince you to leave me alone couldn't I? So be it. Make your plans to delay your wife's motherhood and follow me around Mizahar, but I will speak with her personally and alone before I accept any help from you." Maliken stopped walking, her grin fading once more into a dark seriousness.

"If you dare try to convince me without speaking to her myself, I will disappear for my journey without so much as a word to you. If you think it isn't just as difficult to move me as it is for me to move you, you'll find yourself mistaken." Maliken looked back to the darkened sky again, they had, by now, traveled through the Labyrinth and almost made their way all the way back. It would be time for her to go. She had much to do to settle down into Denval. It was her first and currently most important task.
Maliken
Coasting by

Character sheet

Postby Landeril Shieldus on May 29th, 2011, 12:52 am

His dark eyes watched the younger Isur as he rubbed his jaw. "Hm. That is a fair deal. I shall speak with her on the morrow." He shook his head as a smile graced his hardened face. "Perhaps I shall bring her here, where you can meet her." He looks up at the Labyrinth around them.

He looked up at the spot that they had walked from "Tis time for us to part, it would seem. Do not worry, I shall not lie to you about my wife's choice, and only after you meet her, shall I accompany you." He smiles, his eyes going to her once more. "Well Met, Sister Maliken. May Izurdin light your way." He said in parting as he turned and began to walk towards the City Proper of Denval.

Landeril Shieldus
The Exiled One

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Tabarnac on June 6th, 2011, 5:05 am

XP Award!

Landeril
XP Award: Philosophy +2; Interrogation +2; Observation +2; Negotiation +5

Maliken
XP Award: Philosophy +2; Interrogation +2; Observation +2; Negotiation +5

Additional Notes:
I kept getting the image of two mountain goats butting heads while I read this! Anyway, I know Landeril has found a forge to call home now, so that is one thing taken care of. And I’m not sure if you realize, Landeril (apologies if you do, but it seemed like you didn’t), but Vantha is a culture and race of humans, so an Isur would still probably call a Vantha “human”.

Maliken, I have plans for that arm. Pay attention for clues in your moderated threads!

Both of you. I do not like to read your characters talking about leaving Denval! Grr! Grr! Well done, you.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous