[North Kabrin Road] A Long Trip Ahead (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[North Kabrin Road] A Long Trip Ahead (Solo)

Postby Elmoch on May 15th, 2011, 11:41 pm

OOCIf anyone wants to take part in this thread, PM me and we can arrange something.

32nd day of Spring, 511AV

"Allow me to join you, please. I need your help, to travel north with safety," asked Elmoch, discarding his own pride for a chance to get to his destination faster. He had left Syliras with little preparation, all alone. He knew that the Wilderness was not to be underestimated, so if he could get company to travel at least most of his path north he'd be a lot safer. The caravan was to follow the North Kabrin Road and enter Taldera from the far north, according to the leader of their expedition. Elmoch wanted a slightly different path, all the way north to Ravok, but he had a lot to gain by making most of his trip alongside the merchants.

"What can you offer to us? We can't trust people like you," said the caravan master, while the rest of his men waited behind with the many horses and all of their packed merchandise, many of them giving suspicious looks to Elmoch, "How would we know that you are not willing to fool us, maybe you just want to steal from us and run away with our goods."

"I am no threat. All that I have is this sword, which I barely know how to wield, your guards would probably defeat me with ease. That and my heavy luggage. All that I ask is for help going north. I have no horse, no food, little chances of survival here, my interest is merely making it to my destination alive. You said that you are going to Avanthal, and well equipped. I am going further north, we can separate once the roads split, but I just need a ride to that fork. I am not dangerous, and I am willing to pay," after done trying to convince the man with words, Elmoch picked up a small bag of coins from his backpack, ready to give the man a few coins.

"Ten gold Mizas," said the caravan master, "pay that and we have a deal." He extended his palm forward. "I'm being rather generous, stranger, accept this offer or go on your own."

Elmoch had little choice. He was lucky enough to stumble upon this caravan already, ten gold mizas would be little to pay for his safety. "I accept your terms," said him, while picking up ten coins from the bag. His hand was heavy with gold, all of which was now passed on to the merchant.

"Thank you. Don't make me regret it, the well-armed men back there will make sure that your death is painful if you do." The man smiled, pointing to a few men at the back of two of the wagons. "Now get on the cart, we have a long road ahead, and little time to waste." The man pointed to one of the carts in the very back of the caravan, and Elmoch complied. He threw his luggage in the cart and jumped into it. The other members of the caravan were in more comfortable wagons, but he didn't really mind the solitude.

They were now moving ahead, following the North Kabrin Road. Elmoch was still weeks away from his destination, he could barely wait.

"I've heard a lot about that city. Honestly, I doubt that all of it is true, I will have to see it with my own eyes," he thought, "I just hope it turns out to be better than my stay in Syliras."
Elmoch
Player

Words: 20916
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2011, 3:03 am
Race: Human
Character sheet