[Location] The Kelp Bar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Ben Traven on July 29th, 2010, 5:35 pm

"It is a Philtering kit made for magical potions, medicine and some other stuff? you seem confused" Ben knew Phipras wasn't a academic fan. Ben placed all the bottles , jars and the corks back into the bag Ben smiled and began to gaze out of the window out to the hills and has a tear fall out of his eye.

Ben wiped the tear away trying not to show emotion he just wasn't used to cites and Ben began to shed more tears when he remembers his mother teaching him alchemy. Ben looked away from Phipras to just sit there and gaze out of the window , he rested his head on the window in emotional pain Ben pulled himself together and looked back at Phipras "never mind me when im like this just ignore it"

Ben wondered what Phipras past was like "where did you come from" Ben was just curious of the Akvatari's past since he didn't know much about Phipras past or the Akvatari's but was interested in knowing.
"There are two types of knowledge in this land there's intellectual knowledge and there is damn right evil used for personal gain" Ben Traven
Ben Traven
Physician/Scholar

Words: 9552
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 8:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Phipreas on July 29th, 2010, 7:45 pm

It was certainly an intriguing species of human, he seemed distant and not exactly all there, but nonetheless he had to admit he wouldn't mind this person company. Smiling a little he replied, "Shall we leave this scumhole, I'm getting kinda of worried at these fools starting a fight."

Waiting for an answer he noticed that all the sailors were indeed paying attention to him, especially his wings, they could be worth a lot, that's what they were thinking. He was glad to be in company of an equal.

"I repeat can we please leave?"
Phipreas
The Last Paladin of Scotland

Words: 13006
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2010, 11:00 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Ben Traven on July 29th, 2010, 7:57 pm

"Yeah lets go these sailors are making me edgy" Ben picked up his Philtering kit and strapped it back in it's original place. "oh shall we find a place to sleep while we are at it?" . Ben was really uncomfortable around a bunch of drunken sailors since he knew what they where like.

Ben stood up and walked towards the door "so where do you want to go somewhere away from sailors i had enough of them for one day". Ben dusted down his robes and tucked his cheva symbol snugly under his robes and just before exiting two of the sailors began arguing what seems to be over the wings the two began throwing punches at each other "oh crap i think it is time we got out of here". Ben slung the backpack on to his back and made for the door as quickly as possible.
"There are two types of knowledge in this land there's intellectual knowledge and there is damn right evil used for personal gain" Ben Traven
Ben Traven
Physician/Scholar

Character sheet

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Phipreas on July 29th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Unfurling wings he drew his sword diving towards the door, while the sailors looked in horror at the money escaping, there way of gaining profit going away. It was then one screamed, "Get 'im, we can argue over who gets 'im after!"

Looking in horror they began to organize as he headed towards door throwing and knocking tables and chair down, crashing straight through the frame and into a startled female.

Meanwhile Ben came out and smiled sheepishly when he saw the girl.
Phipreas
The Last Paladin of Scotland

Words: 13006
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2010, 11:00 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Loren Archer on July 29th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Loren glared up at whoever had knocked her over only to see the Akvatari. She sighed, muttered something to herself and got up, dusting herself off. This just had to happen again, didn't it? She was always getting knocked over if she didn't watch her step.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" she asked, looking from the Akvatari to the grey-haired man beside him, and then past them at the sailors stumbling over eachother to reach the door. If she wasn't so irritated at being knocked over, Loren would have found the sailors amusing.

She returned her attention to the two before her, ignoring the sailors. The man gave her a small smile. "Fight's breaking out."

"Oh." That was not good. Maybe she should just go home... And then she noticed the Akvatari's wings and her eyes went wide. The Akvatari grinned, noticing her attention. "Oh wow," she whispered and the Akvatari chuckled. The man beside him sighed.

"My name is Phipras," the Akvatari said and then her gestured to the man. "This is Ben." There was an awkward pause and Loren tore her eyes away from Phipras' wings. "And you are?"

"Loren," she said. "Loren Archer."
What we do in life, echoes in eternity ~ Anonymous.
Loren Archer
Player

Words: 1397
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2010, 12:31 pm

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Ben Traven on July 29th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Ben kept smiling at the woman "errr we should really get out of here and well quickly im not watching wing devourer fest so lets go" . Ben pushed Phipras in front so it would be harder for the sailors to get to him.

Ben wondered why they where still here "lets go and honestly i don't care where oh and i hope you guys have camping gear because we are going to camp just outside the city and that's if you want to ". Ben seemed really desperate to get out he didn't enjoy fights mainly because he couldn't. Ben looked at Loren and wondered if he had seen her before it either im going mad or i have seen her around since he seemed to recognise her from somewhere but just could.t put his finger on it.
Ben Traven
Physician/Scholar

Character sheet

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Ritz on November 28th, 2012, 2:53 am

Timestamp: 84th of Fall, 512 AV

After walking for who knew how long, Ritz finally found the building that was the supposed Kelp Bar. Her icy blue gaze looking at the sign, then at the building itself. From the outside appearance, it looked rundown. She was almost about to just turn around and head elsewhere, but then felt a little curious too. Squinting at the building, then letting her expression go to it's normal reserved one again, she dared to go inside. Not knowing what to expect. Only one word coming to mind as she stepped fully inside and blinked at the scene before her.

"Wow.." The place looked run down even on the inside too. She looked around, then spotted the bartender and headed over. Not even three steps in did a sailor run right into her.

"Ooof!!" Ritz grunted as someone collided right into her. Possibly their elbow had hit her in the chest. Whatever did, knocked the wind out of her for a few seconds.

"Hey watch it little lass!" Said the man that had bumped into her.

"Perhaps you need to keep your eyes peeled for where you step." Ritz replied with little emotion in her tone. Pulling herself off the floor, only to be face to face with a slender looking sailor.

"Or maybe ya need to be watchful where it is that ya step!" The sailor's breath wreaked of alcohol. Ritz's patience was very slowly wearing thin, as she tries to step around the intoxicated man. Only to see him step in front of her unsteadily.

"If you'll excuse me. We're done here." She said firmly, attempting again to sidestep the man. But this time felt a firm grip on her right arm as he pulled her back. The grip to her bandaged arm sending painful memories back to her as it triggers her anger.

"We're done when I say we are lass! I'm not done talking!" The intoxicated sailor said loudly. Ritz slowly looked at him, her icy blue eyes looking into the man's eyes with a cold venom it seemed to make the man let go of her. Ritz's cold venomous gaze seem to indicate she was about to throw punches, because no sooner than she gave the look to the man, a few others who were watching seemed to move a little bit.

"I. Said. We. Are. Done. Here." Ritz's tone was icy and angry as she clearly repeated herself. And in truth, she wanted to punch him. No one had touched her right arm since the incident awhile back. And she preferred to keep it that way. Slowly turning away from the man she continued towards the bar. Just sitting there a moment so her nerves would calm. Her mind being flooded with memories as she slowly manages to quiet them after a moment. The intoxicated sailor, the same one, seeming to sit next to her and spoke again.

"Aye, I didn't mean to be so rude lassie. I -" His sentence was cut off.

"Leave me alone." Ritz's tone still held the icy venom of anger towards the man. The sailor merely sighing then returning to what he was doing. Things in the bar seeming to become louder as the moments went by. Slowly Ritz looked around the bar slowly seeing that it had become a little more crouded, then turning back towards the bar. Shaking her head at the bartender. Ritz wasn't quite ready for a drink yet. First she wanted to watch those around her first.
~*Curiosity is best satisfied by actually learning about whatever it is you are curious about*~
Ritz
Reserved and quiet.

Words: 12538
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 12:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Ritz on November 28th, 2012, 5:25 pm

85th of Fall 512 AV (Continued from yesterday)

Ritz had stayed at The Kelp Bar all night, and some of the morning. Though she did not get anything to drink, she had instead been watching those around her. Watching their behavior, and how they interacted in a bar such as this. Having seen enough, Ritz got onto her sore feet once more and walked out. Though she felt hungry, she didn't let it stop her from leaving. On her way to the door she looked over her shoulder and noticed the same sailor as before was watching her. A shiver running down her spine, her instincts told her to just keep going. And she did.

"Rotten sailors and their alcohol." She thought to herself irritably. As she stepped out however, Ritz felt someone or something almost drag her back into the bar. A force yanking off the backpack that was slung over her shoulder. The only real supplies she had ever had in it. And the small amount of coin that she had left was also in it. Panic set in almost immediately as it was roughly taken off. The thief or perhaps prankster dashing out of the bar and running towards the shorelines. She shouted at the person repeatedly as she gave chase, afraid to lose the only things that were keeping her alive right now.

"Stop!!! Give that back!!!"
~*Curiosity is best satisfied by actually learning about whatever it is you are curious about*~
Ritz
Reserved and quiet.

Words: 12538
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 12:34 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Vyktoria Rivor on August 16th, 2013, 2:26 am

Vyktoria enters the crowded bar irritably. Her sketching attempts outside kept getting interrupted. She searches for a back table away from most of the crowd. Maybe she can get some good action sketches, there always seems to be a fight in here nearly everyday.
Finding an empty table in the back, she sits and pulls out her sketchbook. She starts scanning the bar for something interesting to draw.
Vyktoria Rivor
Player

Words: 8909
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2013, 3:23 am
Character sheet

[Location] The Kelp Bar

Postby Alex Cromwell on August 16th, 2013, 4:06 am

Alex loved this place, it was always packed and there would normally be a fight once a night. However, he had made sure to leave his belongings, besides a few mizas, back at his camp near the mountain pass. He had gotten some his items stolen earlier today, but he had gotten them back. Not again, not tonight. He wanted to get drunk and start a fight. However, when he reached the bar, his nose picked up the scent of Kelvic blood. Fox blood. He turned and followed his nose. It led him to a table at the back of the bar, where a girl was sitting with a sketchbook. She was an artist too. He pulled up a chair, sat down, and motioned to the bartender for a round for the both of them.
Fortune smiles upon the truthful. Everyone has secrets. It is when we share those secrets that we truly become human.
Alex Cromwell
Truth is Everything

Words: 32146
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2012, 5:40 am
Character sheet

PreviousNext